Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Subplots more interesting than the movie?

Chimpanzee from Nope (lead up? fall out?)

What else?

Boisterously Confused

Not more interesting than the main plot, but Casablanca was swarming with stuff that made you want to know more.

The Moon Pirates were so much more interesting than anything else in Ad Astra. Moon Pirates, now that is a movie I would want to see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

TV series not film but Colleen and the Meachums were more interesting IMO than Danny in Ironfist.

Astonishing Member

I think the future timeline discussed in Terminator 3 was a lot more interesting than the present-day narrative. Who were all these lieutenants of John Connor and what did they do in the future that made them such strategically significant targets for Skynet? What exactly was Kate Brewster's role in the future, besides being John's wife? How exactly were their kids important (and who were their kids?) What were the circumstances around John's death at the hands of the T-850 in the future and how did it change the situation with regards to the future war?

T3 implies that John had some old sentiment towards the Arnold model and somehow hesitated until it was too late. However in Salvation he faces a similar model (although without the leather/shades look of course) and doesn't seem too happy about it there....although I suppose it's possible that the T3 Terminator changed the past by telling him that, making him wary of any Arnold units (apart from the one he reprograms to save him in T2, presumably.)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Fennec Shand and Cobb Vanth both had me way more interested in than the lead in Book of Boba Fett. I would particularly have liked to see Cobb become the centerpiece of the project that seems to have disappeared with Gina Carano's Cara Dune.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think the future timeline discussed in Terminator 3 was a lot more interesting than the present-day narrative. Who were all these lieutenants of John Connor and what did they do in the future that made them such strategically significant targets for Skynet?
    ALL OF THIS!!! I liked Rise of The Machines but I totally cosign this. I would also add;

The robot civil war from The Matrix Resurrections

The conspiracy subplot involving the private military contractors in State Of Play

The Flag Smashers from Falcon & Winter Soldier

There's definitely more but I'm drawing a blank lol.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 08-15-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The White Walkers from Game of Thrones (◔_◔)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I thought Dottie and her sister were the least interesting part of A League of Their Own.

Quantum of Solace had a subplot involving the possibility that Quantum agents were embedded in the UK government. Reportedly this would've been resolved in the film's ending, but it got deleted. The ending would also have killed off Mr. White, which would've made SPECTRE and NO TIME TO DIE somewhat different....

We do kind of see this with C in SPECTRE but QOS seems to make it seem higher up.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The plucky car trip side plot was better than the main heroes plot in the tiny toons film. (the theatre part was pretty funny also.)

Some think the han and leia side plot is better than the main luke plot in empire strikes back.

The first 10 min of up over the rest of the film. UP is great but that first 10min could be a movie on its own!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I thought Dottie and her sister were the least interesting part of A League of Their Own.
    Is the Amazon Prime show sort of a sequel to the movie or a reboot? I see in the cast they don't even have a Dottie or Cat on the show so it probably is just a whole new take.

This is probably a case of things being better in small doses, but Anthony Blanche from Brideshead Revisited. The actual protagonist Charles Rider is a dry English middleclass stick lead by the stream of whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    This is probably a case of things being better in small doses, but Anthony Blanche from Brideshead Revisited. The actual protagonist Charles Rider is a dry English middleclass stick lead by the stream of whatever happens.
    As he was meant to be, he is just a conveyance for the Flytes' story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!