Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The Mayday Resistance subplot from The Handmaids Tale.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Boisterously Confused

Not necessarily more interesting, but I would have loved to see post-Babylon 5 series about The Rangers stuggling to defend the Alliance against a Psi-Corps cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not necessarily more interesting, but I would have loved to see post-Babylon 5 series about The Rangers stuggling to defend the Alliance against a Psi-Corps cold war.
    It'd have to he the remnants as I believe the Psi-Corps were disbanded after the Telepathic War which happened off screen between B5 and Crusade. Unless the new Reboot show in development explores it.

Not a movie, but the Crows (Kaz, Inej and Jesper) were hands down the best part of "Shadow and Bone" and I really, really, wish they had given them their own show instead of merging the two series.

I grew up watching a lot of the Disney classics on VHS, but with some of them -- Snow White, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, and Pocahontas -- I watched them for the Dwarfs, mice, pirates and crocodile, fairies, and animals, not the actual protagonists and their stories (granted, the fairies are the main character of Sleeping Beauty, but they're still coded as the supporting characters).

Also recently started watching the old DC Birds of Prey TV show from the early 2000s. While not bad, the superhero stuff is kinda bland and the main hook for me has been the surrogate family dynamics between the three leads.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It'd have to he the remnants as I believe the Psi-Corps were disbanded after the Telepathic War which happened off screen between B5 and Crusade. Unless the new Reboot show in development explores it.
    I'd be okay with that. Think of it like the Nazi syndicate in The Boys From Brazil, hiding, but unscrupulously worming their way into the guts of the Alliance.

The Dinosaurs on the mainland plot took a pretty big backseat to the mutant locust plot in Jurassic World Dominion.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Dinosaurs on the mainland plot took a pretty big backseat to the mutant locust plot in Jurassic World Dominion.
    Yes. That bummed me out about the movie. I wanted to see more Dinos eating normal people.

Old lady walking her dog? Bam Dino eats her.

Dude swimming in the ocean! bam Dino Eats him!

Gut hunting in the woods. Deer gets spooked... You guessed it Dino eats him!

Wasnt there some odd set of trading cards like 30 years ago about Dinosaurs in modern times and each card had them like killing people.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yes. That bummed me out about the movie. I wanted to see more Dinos eating normal people.

Old lady walking her dog? Bam Dino eats her.

Dude swimming in the ocean! bam Dino Eats him!

Gut hunting in the woods. Deer gets spooked... You guessed it Dino eats him!

Wasnt there some odd set of trading cards like 30 years ago about Dinosaurs in modern times and each card had them like killing people.
    Funny thing- there is an extended scene that they put back in the extended cut. Blue and her baby are stalking what we think is a rabbit, which gets eaten by the wolf they were actually stalking. Blue and the baby get the wolf- and in the extended scene, a father and his son are hunting and take a shot at them. Blue then turns and attacks, and though we don't actually see any deaths, it's heavily implied that the hunter (and maybe his son) are killed.

Not sure if it counts as a subplot, but I've always found everything to do with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf far more interesting than anything with Frodo and the Ring.

The two parking attendants who take Cameron's dad's car for a joyride in "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" apparently...??
    https://deadline.com/2022/08/ferris-...es-1235088658/

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That was "Dinosaurs Attack!" It was before my time, but someone did put scans of all the cards on a website [here]
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be Fight Club
    The entire movie kept me interested, but I would have liked to have seen more of...

Project: MAYHEM

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-20-2022 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That was "Dinosaurs Attack!" It was before my time, but someone did put scans of all the cards on a website [here]
    Thanks.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Chimpanzee from Nope (lead up? fall out?)

What else?
    Please put a bit more effort when starting threads. The first post reads like non sequitur. Provide more explanation for the topic.

PUT SOME THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO IT

Opening posts of any thread should set the tone by introducing the topic and be a springboard for further conversation. Do not succinctly give a topic and then simply say "Discuss" or something similar, expecting other people to run with it. Do not only provide a link to somewhere else or copy/paste an entire article from elsewhere without adding your own thoughts. It’s no one’s job to start threads to make up for whatever particular topics they feel are missing from the forums or need to be split from other conversations, so do not start threads with the empty notion of filling a void without putting the effort into presenting the topic as something worth discussing. If you want to say something, then say it. If you can’t muster up enough effort to start a thread properly, wait for someone else to do it.

(This does not apply to genuine questions posed to the forum the thread starter has no answer to or presenting clips/trailers/previews of material that may be of interest to the forum.)

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

The Red Book from Batman Forever - would have been the main plot but the resolution was dropped with the deliberate intention of making the movie less cerebral and more of a dumb kids popcorn movie, and the film is much worse as a result.

The Alfred illness from Batman and Robin - the Bruce-Alfred scenes in this movie are possibly the best scenes in the entire 4-film 90s Batman movie series. But the rest of the film is so absurd and stupid they just clash with everything else instead of making the movie any better.