Amazing Member

Default Will new batman be added to dceu or will Pattinson batman be dceu batman?

Hey guys I was just wondering with the dceu being about to reset and with dc becoming its own studio like marvel studios do you all think that they will recast a new actor as a younger Bruce Wayne batman or do you think they will do as I am hoping they will do and just make the Robert Pattinson batman universe the new dceu and have his batman be the start of a new cohesive universe and I would also love it if Leslie graces batgirl ended up being Pattinson batgirl they could easily make her darker and more like Pattinson and that way they can do robin and the whole bat family that would be my idea or you could use joker folie a deux to set up a new batman in that universe unless it's ties to the batman in which case that wouldn't be an option but I think they either have to make the batman and joker a part of a cinematic universe or just keep it separate and keep them their own thing. Personally I would want them to not start over from scratch unless they really have to. But that's just my thought on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batfleck89 View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering with the dceu being about to reset and with dc becoming its own studio like marvel studios do you all think that they will recast a new actor as a younger Bruce Wayne batman or do you think they will do as I am hoping they will do and just make the Robert Pattinson batman universe the new dceu and have his batman be the start of a new cohesive universe and I would also love it if Leslie graces batgirl ended up being Pattinson batgirl they could easily make her darker and more like Pattinson and that way they can do robin and the whole bat family that would be my idea or you could use joker folie a deux to set up a new batman in that universe unless it's ties to the batman in which case that wouldn't be an option but I think they either have to make the batman and joker a part of a cinematic universe or just keep it separate and keep them their own thing. Personally I would want them to not start over from scratch unless they really have to. But that's just my thought on it.
    I doubt Pattinson wants to be part of a new dceu.

I mean I'm sure he is going to show up in a Crisis movie or whatever.

The short answer is; we don't know.

Reeves has said he doesn't want his Batman to be part of a larger universe.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I'd be sad if this new Batman is iced to make way for the return of Batfleck or something else.

It's the first Batman I've enjoy that wasn't animated in a LONG time.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Nah hope it's Affleck. Just let him direct or the John wick guy.

I'd rather Pattinson's take remains it's own thing. I really hate the whole "everything must be jammed into same universe" thinking. I liked The Batman, I eagerly await The Batman 2, I don't ever need to see this Batman in a JL movie however.