Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Wizard of Oz movie

WB is planning a new The Wizard of Oz movie with director Kenya Barris but I'm not sure this can work...

https://screenrant.com/wizard-oz-mov...-kenya-barris/

Hollywood dont respect crap anymore. Did anyone else see in the article they are Remaking White Men Cant Jump! I am more made about that then Wizard of Oz.

Remakes/retellings of Wizard of Oz have been done so many times it is hard to care about another.

Return to OZ, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Wiz, Tinman, That Time Burton, Wizard of Oz with Jonny Depp, Wicked, In sure I am missing a couple.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I know five of the ones you listed but there was a Tim Burton version with Johnny Depp? The rest weren’t close-in remakes. Sequel / prequel / unique takes. I think that’s why they work.

However, since The Wizard of Oz isn’t on TV every year, maybe a new generation will enjoy a closer in remake.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I know five of the ones you listed but there was a Tim Burton version with Johnny Depp? The rest weren’t close-in remakes. Sequel / prequel / unique takes. I think that’s why they work.

However, since The Wizard of Oz isn’t on TV every year, maybe a new generation will enjoy a closer in remake.
    Yep. 2010. it called Alice in Wonderland. Spoiler alert. It Sucked.

Ive heard a lot of people talk about how mad they get at the idea of a Wizard of Oz remake. Like it is some untouchable movie. My thought is why? They have redone/retold it so many times. I dont understand the anger here.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yep. 2010. it called Alice in Wonderland. Spoiler alert. It Sucked.

Ive heard a lot of people talk about how mad they get at the idea of a Wizard of Oz remake. Like it is some untouchable movie. My thought is why? They have redone/retold it so many times. I dont understand the anger here.
    It's especially strange when the first movie deviated from the book anyway. Some of those changes are what made it a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    It's especially strange when the first movie deviated from the book anyway. Some of those changes are what made it a classic.
    Yes. If a lot of these dies hards read the book they would be like "What in the world?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hollywood dont respect crap anymore. Did anyone else see in the article they are Remaking White Men Cant Jump! I am more made about that then Wizard of Oz.

Remakes/retellings of Wizard of Oz have been done so many times it is hard to care about another.

Return to OZ, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Wiz, Tinman, That Time Burton, Wizard of Oz with Jonny Depp, Wicked, In sure I am missing a couple.
    Forgot the Marvel Comic adaptation of, I think, The Wiz, which got canned when the movie did poorly. Didn't the Wiz also have a tv series? I know there has been a tv mini-series and an animated version too.