Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
Your avatar made me think of Amazing X-Men which made me think of the last time Firestar was on the X-Men. I hope Duggan has at least skimmed it because the whole "first time on the X-Men" vibe was already done.

To your point, that scene with her and Bobby trapped in hell did feel more high stakes than today's issue.
Yeah… I think the last official team Angela was on was literally the X-Men and she wasn’t just a passive member. Homegirl applied for a teaching job and was IN IT. So her whole “Avengers this, Avengers that,” shtick rang false to me. Pls writers just do a Google search.

Other thoughts on the issue. Jean was the MVP and Synch killed it as per usual with this book. Out of the new additions not named Angela: Magik was fine but it doesn’t help that she’s better written in NM imo; Bobby was also fine but Duggan’s done Giant Iceman before and I can’t get excited about this whole situation cause Duggan just had him for a near 30 issue run and did nothing; Forge was fun but that peyote joke seemed kinda stereotypical; and I need Havok to stand up and be written with some brain calls.

While I understand the approach of having the tie-ins zoom out and provide context to the main Judgement Day issues, it also means that we essentially know everything of consequence that’s going to happen. Hopefully in Act 2 of the event the books start having individual plots and stakes.