Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know we are getting some new looks soon but this book highlighted that this new team desperately needs new costumes. Synch, Firestar, Magik, Forge and Havok all look so dated. Quite honestly, Scott could use one too
    Well, good new costumes (side-eyes Firestar).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The superhero paradox: the more that is happening and the higher the stakes, the more boring it is to read.
    Yeah, that is sadly true. There is another take on the superhero paradox, though, from TV Tropes --- "Ironically, the superheroes who are supposed to be protecting us all may be drawing the very dangers and threats that come our way in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    And yet it's going into November.
    And then after November, Dark Web is an X-Men/Spider-Man-centric event with everyone's favorite mistreated clones (Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen and The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly) teaming up to mess with Spidey and getting the X-Men dragged into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Does this forum actually like any comic?
    It happens. Don't let the naysayers and doomsayers get you too down.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Forum was pretty lit with excitement before the x of and before this event. So yeah this forum does/did/do quite enjoy a lot of stuff. At that point it was mainly just the extreme haters talking mainly about story that didn't happen, the dream is dead with no context, and counting down and explaining why the "status quo " had to change back. We went from the dawn of x to the reign of x to the destiny of the eternals.
    I don't remember this forum being excited about anything. It's always a contest of "My favorite character wasn't the main character of this comic so it's trash". But anyway.

I don't remember this forum being excited about anything. It's always a contest of "My favorite character wasn't the main character of this comic so it's trash". But anyway.
    It really wasn't and sales were up for a reason people were having fun. I'm sure the 2020 and 2021 threads must still exist somewhere if one wishes to explore then and now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

X-Men Red consistently gets praise, as did Hellions. Every book that isn't X-Corp or Fallen Angels has/had a dedicated fanbase. This place is a lot more positive and optimistic than the other communities I'm in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I know we are getting some new looks soon but this book highlighted that this new team desperately needs new costumes. Synch, Firestar, Magik, Forge and Havok all look so dated. Quite honestly, Scott could use one too
    Havok's costume is my bane. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked it. I'd take ANY of his other ones, including his Goblin Prince rags. Unfortunately it seems like the current batch of writers are in love with his classic look.

EDIT: Forgot about the issue, lol. It was fine. I give Duggan a lot of leeway since he's in the middle of someone else's event. I thought Bobby had a good showing, so that made me happy. I'm glad there are only two tie-in issues, though. I want to see the new team get into their own story.
    Last edited by Til; 08-17-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Havok's costume is my bane. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked it. I'd take ANY of his other ones, including his Goblin Prince rags. Unfortunately it seems like the current batch of writers are in love with his classic look.
    Id rather they give him his HG as his new uni like they eventually did with Jean

Id rather they give him his HG as his new uni like they eventually did with Jean

I'd happily take that as his costume.

100% this. Such a great amalgamation of his original and X-Factor looks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that is sadly true. There is another take on the superhero paradox, though, from TV Tropes --- "Ironically, the superheroes who are supposed to be protecting us all may be drawing the very dangers and threats that come our way in the first place."

And then after November, Dark Web is an X-Men/Spider-Man-centric event with everyone's favorite mistreated clones (Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen and The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly) teaming up to mess with Spidey and getting the X-Men dragged into it.

It happens. Don't let the naysayers and doomsayers get you too down.
    But with Dark web at least it's not solicitated as taking over all the books and putting a stop to them which was like for me trying to send a false narrative to a favored writer on top of the quality just not being there. You stop all of your books that still have an at least steady base and x-books were topping most marvel stuff on the charts people love to produce so much to force everyone to choose the writer you dain to be the next big thing or the one we should be putting our time and money into because that's the one showing the vision "we" want for it, but yet both times those visions took out the diversity we were enjoying. I mean Wells is using his own book, in his own franchise and maybe a stand alone mini sort of like curse of the mutants etc which didn't interrupt any book direcctly and explore with an x-character. In a shared universe i'm surprised it's such a far out idea. But where it becomes a problem is when you do it as i've stated, you've robbed other of what they were actually enjoying to give them what you want them to want, not even what you think or know they do. That's a lot of hubris. JMHO.

And just because i'm a little salty about it still and the Cancelled guardians of the galaxy which had a growing audience. make it make sense.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-17-2022 at 06:46 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But with Dark web at least it's not solicitated as taking over all the books and putting a stop to them which was like for me trying to send a false narrative to a favored writer on top of the quality just not being there. You stop all of your books that still have an at least steady base and x-books were topping most marvel stuff on the charts people love to produce so much to force everyone to choose the writer you dain to be the next big thing or the one we should be putting our time and money into because that's the one showing the vision "we" want for it, but yet both times those visions took out the diversity we were enjoying. I mean Wells is using his own book, in his own franchise and maybe a stand alone mini sort of like curse of the mutants etc which didn't interrupt any book direcctly and explore with an x-character. In a shared universe i'm surprised it's such a far out idea. But where it becomes a problem is when you do it as i've stated, you've robbed other of what they were actually enjoying to give them what you want them to want, not even what you think or know they do. That's a lot of hubris. JMHO.

And just because i'm a little salty about it still and the Cancelled guardians of the galaxy which had a growing audience. make it make sense.
    You raise very good points. And yeah, while I'm glad Rich Rider/Nova is still showing up in Al Ewing's space-related works and has proven a valuable ally to the mutants of Arrako, I can definitely commiserate with your disappointment that Marvel axed Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy series. For what, I don't know, either, though I do have a few suspicions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

People seemed to like the actual event itself, at least the execution of the story if not the base concept. And the Red tie in was very well recieved.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm shocked that they aren't using Havok's HG look.

Is Iceman in the new solo Infinity comic look?

I am bummed this jumps right into the event. And echo that having to Captains on a team with both Cyclops and Jean Grey seems... awkward. Lets get a Commander X series exploring the roles of the Captains. They were security for the QC at one point, at least to human functions.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

personally, don't really get what's the big difference between this issue and the X-men red issue. Given they're both just big fight issues that doesn't really say anything about the characters.

I suppose Red has a lot of pomp and circumstance, but at the end of the day, it's just as much a fight issue as this one is, but I never really got the overwhelming adoration that issue got over all the other X-men Red issues.

Idk go check the front page and you'll find your answer.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!