Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why should I take this seriously if the characters aren't? ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice use of Iceman's powers and great art tho.

6/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    And yet it's going into November.
    Wow even in X-men. I never realized it would eat up a quarter of it's "Year" team. wow.

I'm glad new mutants and Vita escaped because unfortunately for Duggan and the other writers they are the ones that are going to take the hit for these stories. I mean from my perspective the story, reading the review sounds fun but from reality, the context of it makes me want nothing to do with it and i'm seeing most of the stuff i'm reading isn't blaming the situation it's blaming the writing. But not everyone gets to be a ewing who not only as a writer is just that good, the event essentially closed itself off from mars while it happens so that in a sense gave those writers back full control to clean up and adjust it back into their own narrative.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-17-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I love Big Omega Bobby (BOB) and I feel like Duggan did more with him here than in the entirety of his Marauders. He was shown as very powerful, adaptable and fun.

Magik calling the shots, Forge was funny, Firestar being judgy, Scott and Jean the parents holding it down back at home (Jean taking out that Hex in short order)... it felt right. That letter to Emma from her father was interesting and I'm curious where all of that is going.
    I liked (BOB) as well, but I don't think Duggan did all that much of showing him how powerful he was when he kinda undersold Iceman with having Synch help him Generate Large amounts of Cold and then reference his Large feat with Mars. I felt Duggan really sold him short there.

I like Magik, but I don't think she should be leading, I thought that was Scotts Job and Synch being Co-Captain. Now we got 4 Captains Barking Orders.(Jean included)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wow even in X-men. I never realized it would eat up a quarter of it's "Year" team. wow.

I'm glad new mutants and Vita escaped because unfortunately for Duggan and the other writers they are the ones that are going to take the hit for these stories. I mean from my perspective the story, reading the review sounds fun but from reality, the context of it makes me want nothing to do with it and i'm seeing most of the stuff i'm reading isn't blaming the situation it's blaming the writing. But not everyone gets to be a ewing who not only as a writer is just that good, the event essentially closed itself off from mars while it happens so that in a sense gave those writers back full control to clean up and adjust it back into their own narrative.
    X-Men only ties in for issues 13-14. Issue 15 will kick off the COTV arc and I for one will be glad when this book doesn't have to be dragged down by this nonsense of a event.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    X-Men only ties in for issues 13-14. Issue 15 will kick off the COTV arc and I for one will be glad when this book doesn't have to be dragged down by this nonsense of a event.
    Thanks! that's what i thought. I had made peace with two issues. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I liked (BOB) as well, but I don't think Duggan did all that much of showing him how powerful he was when he kinda undersold Iceman with having Synch help him Generate Large amounts of Cold and then reference his Large feat with Mars. I felt Duggan really sold him short there.

I like Magik, but I don't think she should be leading, I thought that was Scotts Job and Synch being Co-Captain. Now we got 4 Captains Barking Orders.(Jean included)
    I think perhaps it was about the amount of time they had to freeze everything, which wasn't much. But I liked him being able to make himself skyscraper size quickly and how his face would appear in the ice globe, despite getting chopped in half and all that. He's pretty much invincible and that was also displayed nicely when Synch lost his arm but then shrugged it off. LOL!

Hopefully we'll see a nice blend of leading like year one. I mean we had a team of almost all former leaders and uber experienced Synch and it worked well. I liked that Synch told Magik "be ready for a quick exit." I do think heads will bump with the likes of Forge and Havok on the squad but so far drama free!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This may be just my storytelling preferences but I found this issue…and many like it quite boring. Yeah the feats of power look impressive but they lack substance for me.
    Everything gets solved so quickly and efficiently that you can barely consider what they face a problem, everything goes according to plan, there’s no struggle, clash of personalities/ideas or conflict. Even moments that should be impactful like Synch losing an arm meant nothing to me. Sure it’s cool he can walk off the injury I guess, but I didn’t have time to blink, let alone feel any type of worry about what’s going to happen now. He literally grew an ice arm in the next panel and then punched with it, never mind the excruciating pain that must have caused. I don’t mind the characters being cool, but I’d like a little more realistic reactions to things that happen to them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm conflicted.
    I liked: Seeing the new team in action, together.
    I hated: That it's just filling in the gaps of this boring AF event.
    The art: Was...serviceably alright-ish. If I couldn't have Larraz they could have at least given me Javier Pina.

I really wanted to care about this but AfockinXcuddersmuntE ...ugh!
    5/10
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-17-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    This may be just my storytelling preferences but I found this issue…and many like it quite boring. Yeah the feats of power look impressive but they lack substance for me.
    Everything gets solved so quickly and efficiently that you can barely consider what they face a problem, everything goes according to plan, there’s no struggle, clash of personalities/ideas or conflict. Even moments that should be impactful like Synch losing an arm meant nothing to me. Sure it’s cool he can walk off the injury I guess, but I didn’t have time to blink, let alone feel any type of worry about what’s going to happen now. He literally grew an ice arm in the next panel and then punched with it, never mind the excruciating pain that must have caused. I don’t mind the characters being cool, but I’d like a little more realistic reactions to things that happen to them.
    Your avatar made me think of Amazing X-Men which made me think of the last time Firestar was on the X-Men. I hope Duggan has at least skimmed it because the whole "first time on the X-Men" vibe was already done.

To your point, that scene with her and Bobby trapped in hell did feel more high stakes than today's issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think perhaps it was about the amount of time they had to freeze everything, which wasn't much. But I liked him being able to make himself skyscraper size quickly and how his face would appear in the ice globe, despite getting chopped in half and all that. He's pretty much invincible and that was also displayed nicely when Synch lost his arm but then shrugged it off. LOL!

Hopefully we'll see a nice blend of leading like year one. I mean we had a team of almost all former leaders and uber experienced Synch and it worked well. I liked that Synch told Magik "be ready for a quick exit." I do think heads will bump with the likes of Forge and Havok on the squad but so far drama free!
    In regards to that I can agree with you. I guess I didn't like that Iceman needed help, but I do like Synch So I can get over it.

True, but it just pushed the MAIN Leader(Scott) to background status and that kinda sucked. But, we have a lot more Comics to go so i'll wait. Forge and Havok bump heads? Nah, I think Firestar and Havok are going to be at each other throats.

I know we are getting some new looks soon but this book highlighted that this new team desperately needs new costumes. Synch, Firestar, Magik, Forge and Havok all look so dated. Quite honestly, Scott could use one too

Perfect example of event slog.

What a waste of a debut for the new team. This was boring.

Honestly does anyone actually like this event?
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 08-17-2022 at 01:52 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know...I could see Forge refusing to get a new official costume just out spite for being "drafted" and just showing up in grey sweats and a wife-beater or bathrobe over boxers and slippers just to piss off Scott. That would be hilarious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know...I could see Forge refusing to get a new official costume just out spite for being "drafted" and just showing up in grey sweats and a wife-beater or bathrobe over boxers and slippers just to piss off Scott. That would be hilarious.
    It certainly would. I know the visual has me dying. Add some B.O and him always wrapping his arm around scott when he talks and it would be must see. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Is it just me, or does the physical copy of this feel extremely thin of flimsy?
    Mutant and Proud!