Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Your avatar made me think of Amazing X-Men which made me think of the last time Firestar was on the X-Men. I hope Duggan has at least skimmed it because the whole "first time on the X-Men" vibe was already done.

To your point, that scene with her and Bobby trapped in hell did feel more high stakes than today's issue.
    Yeah… I think the last official team Angela was on was literally the X-Men and she wasn’t just a passive member. Homegirl applied for a teaching job and was IN IT. So her whole “Avengers this, Avengers that,” shtick rang false to me. Pls writers just do a Google search.

Other thoughts on the issue. Jean was the MVP and Synch killed it as per usual with this book. Out of the new additions not named Angela: Magik was fine but it doesn’t help that she’s better written in NM imo; Bobby was also fine but Duggan’s done Giant Iceman before and I can’t get excited about this whole situation cause Duggan just had him for a near 30 issue run and did nothing; Forge was fun but that peyote joke seemed kinda stereotypical; and I need Havok to stand up and be written with some brain calls.

While I understand the approach of having the tie-ins zoom out and provide context to the main Judgement Day issues, it also means that we essentially know everything of consequence that’s going to happen. Hopefully in Act 2 of the event the books start having individual plots and stakes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It certainly would. I know the visual has me dying. Add some B.O and him always wrapping his arm around scott when he talks and it would be must see. lmao.
    And each clothing item would be official X-merch having its own X insignia printed or monogrammed all over it. So Scott won't be able to say he's not representing the brand. And then you have regular bystanders seeing it and wanting their own and it becomes its own lucrative revenue stream.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And each clothing item would be official X-merch having its own X insignia printed or monogrammed all over it. So Scott won't be able to say he's not representing the brand. And then you have regular bystanders seeing it and wanting their own and it becomes its own lucrative revenue stream.
    ahhaha that would be hilarious and also lead to a monet cameo. "Leave him alone, Scott, right now those items are funding a whole research wing at x-corp!" lmao
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Is it just me, or does the physical copy of this feel extremely thin of flimsy?
    It reflects its contents.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ahhaha that would be hilarious and also lead to a monet cameo. "Leave him alone, Scott, right now those items are funding a whole research wing at x-corp!" lmao
    Exactatiously.
    And Monet actually shows up more and more often in story to "protect her interests"...until she actually becomes an unofficial X-Man in the book. LOLOLOL
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The story reminded m3 of everything that happened in the last 12 issues. The whole team engages a (giant) enemy, split into teams, Synch synches with most of the other characters, instead of Sunfire‘s inferno we had iceman’s winter wonderland against the enemy. At the end they all stand together.

And I can’t wait for more: When I was with the Avengers… The Avengers have..
    Last edited by Aeon; 08-17-2022 at 03:04 PM.

The most mid issue that's ever midded.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Reading this comic with Angelica Jones going "Avenger this, Avenger that" makes me want to puke.
    I get that she was an Avenger but she WAS in New Warriors too (and longer than her Avenger stint) and yet she's completely forgetting about her old team, New Warriors. I am tired of writers erasing Angelica's history with the New Warriors whenever she appears in any comic. And I am so sick of any mention or reference of Amazing Friends thing in the comics even though Angelica barely interacted with Iceman in the 90s and yet she acts like Iceman is her best friend without acknowledging her old friends (New Warriors) and her former boyfriend (Vance Astrovik a.k.a Justice).
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Reading this comic with Angelica Jones going "Avenger this, Avenger that" makes me want to puke.
    I get that she was an Avenger but she WAS in New Warriors too (and longer than her Avenger stint) and yet she's completely forgetting about her old team, New Warriors. I am tired of writers erasing Angelica's history with the New Warriors whenever she appears in any comic. And I am so sick of any mention or reference of Amazing Friends thing in the comics even though Angelica barely interacted with Iceman in the 90s and yet she acts like Iceman is her best friend without acknowledging her old friends (New Warriors) and her former boyfriend (Vance Astrovik a.k.a Justice).
    Heh, if Duggan can't even acknowledge she was in the X-men before, do you think he'll mention the New Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    She literally said Avengers twice.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ohgawdyeseh! Wha de actual fock? Dat was twice too many.
    Duggan needs tuh do something about she **** attitude and fast becau nobody enh ha no time fuh she mess.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The art is definitely going to be something tough to adjust to. I thought Villa did well with the bigger scenes like Iceman and Synch freezing the engine but the characters themselves, especially compared to Larraz, were rough.

I also agree that the Magik/Havok moment was forced but I'm willing to let it slide as I thought the voices otherwise were good. Hopefully he cleans that up for Alex.
    Havok's general attitude may be informed by having a cracked mind badly repaired then nearly getting put in the hole for losing it at the outset of Hellions but instead getting put through the ringer on that team: brainwashed/mouth-erased by Maddie, Maddie killed in front of him after she realized he was cracked but not by her, getting his eye yanked out, his hands cut off, then killed, then mindwiped for the twentieth time, then making friends with mutant-killing robots who then get killed in front of him, what else happened -- brainwashed into sleeping with a Maddie mannequin, then manipulated into losing his **** and killing the dna of Kwannon's daughter after being made to remember the eye-yank/hands-cut/killed by Sinister trifecta. I think it makes sense that he'd want to have a drink at the bar after a successful mission, but Magik is probably going to have to get used to his sense of humor. She could consult John Proudstar though.

Part of the problem with this issue is that the last issue of the main event appears to radically shift what the actual event is going to be about, on top of a huge shift in stakes. So going back to the war against the mutants kind of feels like missing the boat. Its not really a bad issue or even a bad story (except maybe the way Firestar and Havok are being used), just not very interesting or important.

Personally, I'm tired of Omega mutants even being a concept and being brought up all the time. Because we get silly nonsense like this, where Iceman talks himself up but then needs help doing the kind of thing he should easily be able to handle on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Perfect example of event slog.

What a waste of a debut for the new team. This was boring.

Honestly does anyone actually like this event?
    Does this forum actually like any comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Does this forum actually like any comic?
    Forum was pretty lit with excitement before the x of and before this event. So yeah this forum does/did/do quite enjoy a lot of stuff. At that point it was mainly just the extreme haters talking mainly about story that didn't happen, the dream is dead with no context, and counting down and explaining why the "status quo " had to change back. We went from the dawn of x to the reign of x to the destiny of the eternals.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-17-2022 at 05:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/