Phillip Kennedy Johnson

Kurt Busiek
    Devin Grayson
    Ram V
    NK Jemisin
    Al Ewing
    Tini Howard (on Artemis)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Kelly Sue DeConnick would be a great choice.
    Are we only talking Diana-fronted books here? Because she's already writing what's shaping up to be the best Wonder-verse book of all time.

Anyway I'd say:

NK Jemisin
    Neil Gaiman (we can dream...)
    Kelly Thompson (would be very surprised if she didn't take on WW at some point)
    Ram V
    Marc Andreyko on the main book
    Al Ewing

Tbh if you'd asked me before I read their WW books I would've said Grant Morrison, G. Willow Wilson, and Mariko Tamaki...

My list:

Phil Jimenez - He deserves a 2nd shot after the raw deal he got last time.

Geoff Johns - He's done so many good things with the Justice Society, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Shazam over the years that I'd like to see him do something similar with WW.

Charles Soule - I like how he wrote Diana during his Superman/Wonder Woman run and I think he would do some great work with Diana.
    Your list is my list too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Diana needs more women to write her, so I'm only going to list talented, female writers I think would do a great job with her.

Kelly Thompson
    Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Eve Ewing
    N.K. Jemisin
    Marguerite Bennett

Leah Williams would be great on a book starring Cassie or Donna as well, since her writing tends to be super youthful.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd also like to see Jason Badower do a run on Wonder Woman. I still love that story he did for Sensation Comics not too long ago.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Are we only talking Diana-fronted books here? Because she's already writing what's shaping up to be the best Wonder-verse book of all time.

Anyway I'd say:

NK Jemisin
    Neil Gaiman (we can dream...)
    Kelly Thompson (would be very surprised if she didn't take on WW at some point)
    Ram V
    Marc Andreyko on the main book
    Al Ewing

Tbh if you'd asked me before I read their WW books I would've said Grant Morrison, G. Willow Wilson, and Mariko Tamaki...
    I always found strange that Tamaki and Wilson's run felt so generic. They had their good parts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I always found strange that Tamaki and Wilson's run felt so generic. They had their good parts, though.
    Weird thing about Wilson's run to me was on paper it did a lot of stuff I'd have liked to see; continuing Rucka's plot point of Ares no longer being a villain, picking up on Cale's hatred of WW, using villains like Giganta.

Just didn't click for me though.

I'd also like to see Jason Badower do a run on Wonder Woman. I still love that story he did for Sensation Comics not too long ago.
    He's PHENOMENAL! He's been contributing for a very long time too! I seem to recall his name popping up in various specials and one-shots of the past

Incredible Member

Marjorie M. Liu along with Sana Takeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    heavy amounts of executive meddling behind the scenes lead to a heavy amount of rewrites and editorially controlled storytelling which limited things

If we are talking "Even If This Writer Wouldn't Want It..."?

- Hickman
    - China Mieville

Extraordinary Member

Rainbow Rowell would be fun.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Kelly Thompson
    Al Ewing
    Ram V
    James Tynion IV
    And for sales numbers: Scott Snyder with Greg Capullo on art (this would probs be edgy and over the top and overly pretentious and operatic, but screw it, let's see where it gooooes)

Also Geoff Johns needs to get a one shot to bring back Myrna or at least give us a one-shot set before she died...such a fascinating tease of a character....and we got left with Grail lol. In fact, Johns skill at reinventing/reconfiguring villains could be desperately used on many many of Diana's Golden and Silver Age villains.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Rainbow Rowell would be fun.
    Oh yeah that could be a great idea! I've only read a bit of her work but seems like someone that could bring in an audience. She definitely feels like ths type of writer whose readers would easily be interested in a comic book written by her