Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh yeah that could be a great idea! I've only read a bit of her work but seems like someone that could bring in an audience. She definitely feels like ths type of writer whose readers would easily be interested in a comic book written by her
    Her YA novels are great and I've liked what she's done on Runaways and She-Hulk so far.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I've enjoyed Rowell's arc but I can only imagine people would complain about it being a WW run where barely anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've enjoyed Rowell's arc but I can only imagine people would complain about it being a WW run where barely anything happens.
    Based on previews, it does seem to have a lot of powerful action

Extraordinary Member

Powerful and smart women, too. I loved the way Shulkie shut down the conflict between her and Titania. Absolutely brilliant.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Depending on the issue .

Extraordinary Member

Depending on the issue .
    I mean, regardless, people are always going to complain. I remember when people were complaining about Rucka's first run on WW.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, regardless, people are always going to complain. I remember when people were complaining about Rucka's first run on WW.
    True, but I think complaints about pacing can be valid, although it probably depends on what you expect/want to see in the title.

I know I was really enjoying Rowell's Runaways until it felt like the cast was just really meandering around and there was no real direction until, like, the very last issue.

Extraordinary Member

True, but I think complaints about pacing can be valid, although it probably depends on what you expect/want to see in the title.

I know I was really enjoying Rowell's Runaways until it felt like the cast was just really meandering around and there was no real direction until, like, the very last issue.
    I was on board until that one fake hero dude gave them costumes. I loved everything before that.

As far as Rowell's pacing is concerned, I'm fine with it. She-Hulk has been especially great so far.

Kurt Busiek won me over with his Black & Gold story. I’ll vote for him…and Rucka is always welcome to come back.

I’d forgotten about Jason Badower on Sensation. Yeah, that was good stuff.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Kurt Busiek won me over with his Black & Gold story. I’ll vote for him…and Rucka is always welcome to come back.

I’d forgotten about Jason Badower on Sensation. Yeah, that was good stuff.
    He's (Busiek) handled her in Pre-Crisis JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA as well as in WW (one of the few times we see her use the lasso to traverse time and space). He handled her exceptionally well during his short run on Superman and during the TRINITY weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    He's (Busiek) handled her in Pre-Crisis JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA as well as in WW (one of the few times we see her use the lasso to traverse time and space). He handled her exceptionally well during his short run on Superman and during the TRINITY weekly.
    I didn’t know Busiek wrote any pre-Crisis Justice League. Which issues, if you don’t mind?

Didn’t realize he’d written Trinity either. I think Volume One of that title slipped by my notice.

Sure thing! Justice League of America #231 and #232
    JLA_v.1_232.jpg
    JLA_v.1_231.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I didn’t know Busiek wrote any pre-Crisis Justice League. Which issues, if you don’t mind?

Didn’t realize he’d written Trinity either. I think Volume One of that title slipped by my notice.
    Volume one is the main one of Trinity to acquire to see how he handles the standard versions of the characters. The remaining volumes are conceptual explorations or meditatipns

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Sure thing! Justice League of America #231 and #232
    JLA_v.1_232.jpg
    JLA_v.1_231.jpg
    Thanks a lot!

Extraordinary Member

Interesting. I had no idea Busiek wrote any pre-Crisis JLA. I might have to check them out!