Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Well, that's the trick then, right? I would never have Diana interacting with Clark or Bruce's universes; they don't provide anything that Diana doesn't already have, and their interactions have been mostly misses than hits. I also consider Diana's villain's more interesting, threating, and powerful tbh.
    I understand. Although how i wish we could see her destroying him like they have allowed him to do to her.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I understand. Although how i wish we could see her destroying him like they have allowed him to do to her.
    Superman and Batman aren't/wouldn't be worth my time writing. I really don't care what's happening in the Justice League or the DC universe at large, it's generally boring, predictable, and the people often writing it don't even seem to get too full of themselves while doing so. The farther away Diana is from it all the better.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Superman and Batman aren't/wouldn't be worth my time writing. I really don't care what's happening in the Justice League or the DC universe at large, it's generally boring, predictable, and the people often writing it don't even seem to get too full of themselves while doing so. The farther away Diana is from it all the better.
    I know. But one day we need somebody to do it. Lately i have been dealing with a lot of stress. It has made my desire for sm's suffering to raise lol. It will pass eventually.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm sure there are multiple writers willing to write what i said. Why limit the situation by dropping names?
    That's the point of the thread and question. If all you care about is a punch through the heart than not mucj conversation to be had in any topic

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's the point of the thread and question. If all you care about is a punch through the heart than not mucj conversation to be had in any topic
    Any writer that has WW killing superman with ease will have my attention and support.

I know. But one day we need somebody to do it. Lately i have been dealing with a lot of stress. It has made my desire for sm's suffering to raise lol. It will pass eventually.
    Well I wish you luck in your private life. Living can be hard. This should be a place for you to feel better, not feel worse.

Give us a writer, who can deliver the following:

1) SEVEN supervillains, with easily identifiable motivations, which threaten something important to WW ..and powerful enough to threaten other major superheroes

2) cast of regulars, with skills and backgrounds relevant to WW stories; who compliment/contrast with Diana's

3) narrative struggle for ex-ARGUS Col. Steve

4) cool, NEW weapons, vehicles

5) cool, NEW settings (Mars's new Martian Fortress, etc)

Is that Geof Johns? Before ChOGs, I might have thought James Robinson.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-22-2022 at 08:19 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Geoff Johns doesn't understand Diana nor the deeper and relevant themes the Wonderverse explores.

What about Brian K Vaughn? I haven't read much from him but seems like he would have a great time in this universe
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-22-2022 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Geoff Johns doesn't understand Diana nor the deeper and relevant themes the Wonderverse explores.

What about Brian K Vaughn? I haven't read much from him but seems like he would have a great time in this universe
    I think THAT is the problem, Alpha, plainly put.

For all those deep, lofty, relevant themes and the high-toned tones of some of our favorite WW stories, ..and all of our tireless speculation, ..this comic, until very recently, hasn't been able to do even the simplest things, that fans of other comics take for granted - regular cast, continuity, cool vehicles, cool places - plainly well. That's the problem in a nutshell, and we need a Geof Johns or some other creature of comic book publishing to create a WW comic, most fans would put down their JL, Green Lantern or X-Men for.

We can sit in our fan treehouse and look down on all the simple-minded folks, who just can't appreciate WW on our lofty level. We can do that. It doesn't change the fact that, in 2022, Wonder Woman has no real archenemy, Robin, Lois, Metropolis, Krypto, Wolverine, Batmobile and Fortress of Solitude or equivalents, thereto, ..and the best superhero comics' universes are built on these simple things.

You can argue WW doesn't those things, because she and her fans (us) are so high above all of that. I would argue that we need a writer, who understands why all of that is important and can incorporate those well-traveled elements into what's already here, into some WW comic, that more people want to read.

This is a DULL comic, most of the time. We need an Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, Marv Wolfman or Gardner Fox to make it, less so. I would love for some truly ingenious, modern comic writer to take WW back to the Fifties and give us the Gardner Foxish Silver Age, poor Robert Kanigher never delivered.

When I imagine Diana and her cast of loyalists - cowgirl coed Etta, ex-mil Col. Steve, Doc Julia, Siggy, Mala and I Ching - settling into Arizonesque Holliday City, after World War II, ..with Diana heading her own antiquities and expeditions company, whisking off to one weird dimension, epic timeline or exotic locale after another...stalked by JANUS and her minions, ..I'm always thinking of Gardner Fox and what kind of cool universe he'd have created for her, coming out of the Golden Age.

Who would be today's answer to Fox? That's who we need writing WW, after Cloonrad & Co leave.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-22-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I think THAT is the problem, Alpha, plainly put. For all those deep, lofty, relevant themes and the high-toned tones of some of our favorite WW stories, ..and all of our tireless speculation, ..this comic, until very recently, hasn't been able to do even the simplest things, that fans of other comics take for granted - regular cast, continuity, cool vehicles, cool places - plainly well. That's the problem in a nutshell, and we need a Geof Johns or some other creature of comic book publishing to create a WW comic, most fans would put down their JL, Green Lantern or X-Men for.
    I agree, but not Geoff Johns.

Making Diana "cool" also means making her relevant. All the unfulfilled potential from this character requires embracing what makes her different from others heroes, and in many ways more interesting.

The queer themes in her. The "Love yourself while Challenging yourself". The surrealistic and esoteric themes about ideologies and belief systems

This isn't enough to make her cool, but it's one of the necessary things along with everything you mentioned and more.

I think Rainbow Rowell and Brian K Vaughn would be great picks

DC has tried so hard to make WW safe for the straight dudes. That's why they changed her origin. And focus so much on her being allegedly the greatest fighter and the unstoppable killing machine. Well, if that's what they want. We should be seeing a far more competent and deadly Diana on the battlefield. If being the all time best war machine is her thing now according DC. We should see that being reflected on her perormances. So far, she looks like she hasn't trained a day in her life in most current appearances. In terms of both, h2h showings and the use of the sword. So once again, we see how incompetent DC is with WW. They can never truly put their money where their mouth is. Is there any writer that can change this? With the editors that work at DC, i doubt it.

Once again, this thread is for recommending professional writers. As many as you want

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Once again, this thread is for recommending professional writers. As many as you want
    I beg to differ. This thread is about specific writers that we want to see write Wonder Woman. So if I want to see someone that writes fanfiction very well, I would go with Hellacre13. I feel she gets her voice better than just about any of the current writers on her title or ancillary titles. Not sure if she is a professional writer, but I would pay to read what she would come up with in a Wonder Woman title. Of course, the author in question does SM/WW fanfiction, but she does write the two of them well.

another ruined thread... anyway
    Kelly Sue of course in the main series
    And I would love to see what Neil Gaiman would have to say in a black label or mini series.
    Kurt Busiek is also an interesting choice in exploring the Wonderverse's golden age in another seminal series.

Reading some of Johns' JL, I actually did think he got better with writing Diana herself compared to the instances in the 2000s. I can see a lot of his problems in WW84 but the Diana he wrote in the 2000s also wasn't really there either.

No, my main problem with with a possible Johns WW run would he would almost assuredly bring back Jason since that was his creation and he's always his own biggest mark for the stuff he creates. I'm fairly certain Max being in WW84 is because him and his involvement in Infinite Crisis.