Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    you know... if past writers who are no longer even alive were options... Alex Toth and Stan Lee.
    I'm not as as familiar with Toth as a writer, but his art is some of the best the medium has ever seen! Although I suspect that he may be a bit too much a product of his time than some modern day fans today would find acceptable.

As for Lee...

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm not as as familiar with Toth as a writer, but his art is some of the best the medium has ever seen! Although I suspect that he may be a bit too much a product of his time than some modern day fans today would find acceptable.
    Alex Toth was one of the guys responsible for the creation of Thundarr the Barbarian. But mostly the world setting, not the actual episode scripts.

As for Lee...
    Oh, neato!

I can't remember if I recommended Peter A. David, Jo Duffy, and Devin Grayson. But if I didn't please consider them as they have all demonstrated that they rocketh sockseths.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can't remember if I recommended Peter A. David, Jo Duffy, and Devin Grayson. But if I didn't please consider them as they have all demonstrated that they rocketh sockseths.
    Peter David's a great suggestion!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Somehow I just discovered that Steve Orlando wrote a whole additional arc beyond what I thought so I checked out his first one and wound up rereading everything. I have to say, I don't know why I looked past him. Enjoyed both of his arcs significantly more than anything else since Rucka Rebirth (including Cloonrad) and he clearly knows Diana and her world back to front. Kinda reminds me of Phil Jimenez in that he clearly really knows/loves the character and wanted to pull together loads of ideas from her history but got screwed over by editorial.

I'd love to see him come back for a proper, long run, but considering how he was treated by DC, I'm not sure if he would. It's a shame because it's so rare to come across a writer who knows and loves WW and her world like that.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Orlando was incredible on the title and I would love to see him return to the book when Cloonrad finish their run. (I'm actually enjoying their run if they could get a decent artist for more than two issues.)

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

If tom taylor had to write her title, with a clause that prevents him from using any other character outside her own mythos. Now i would pay to see that, i bet it would be super hard for the poor guy. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Mark Russell

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Mark Russell
    Hmm... plz.. tell me more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm... plz.. tell me more.
    I mean, he can spin an entertaining yarn and I have a feeling his politics is very close to Diana's, so it sounds like too good a opportunity to pass up.

Also, maybe he can actually give Cheetah a palpable personality.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 10-23-2022 at 11:33 AM.