Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Choice Scenerio

You are transported to an empty waiting room. A sign informs you that, once you pass through the door you will enter a new world (but it doesn't say which new world).

Before you can open the door, you get to make a choice:

1. Remain as you are
    2. Be transformed into a Vampire [type of your choosing] but without the standard, traditional weaknesses of sunlight or daytime.
    3. Be transformed into a Werewolf [type of your choosing]
    4. Be transformed into an Android or Cyborg [type of your choosing]
    5. Be transformed into whatever sentient alien life form lives on this world
    6. Be transformed into a magic user [you choose what type of magic and/or what type of magic user]
    7. Be transformed into shapeshifting Dragon [your choice as to what type of dragon]

You have no advanced knowledge of what lies ahead, except that it has an environment similar enough to Earth's so that you don't die as soon as you step out. Also, it does have sentient life, but no idea what kind or what kind of civilization they have if any.

So, what do you choose? if you decide to stay in the waiting area for more than a day, you will find yourself floating in space as room needs to be made for the next person.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I choose to transform into a Lightning magic user.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So I leave my reality behind, and everything I care about. This is a lousy deal.

[Interdimensional Grapple Gun] *choof*

I guess go with Anima Mage, Creation Path to start with, then use the IGG to go home.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So I leave my reality behind, and everything I care about. This is a lousy deal.

[Interdimensional Grapple Gun] *choof*

I guess go with Anima Mage, Creation Path to start with, then use the IGG to go home.
    Hey, it wouldn't be fun if it made every involuntary participant happy.

Also, good plan. But you know what they say about best-laid plans.....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    6. Be transformed into a magic user [you choose what type of magic and/or what type of magic user]
    This would be a problem because I don't know what level I would be. If I choose to be a Potterverse mage, am I at 1st year student level? Severus Snape level?

7. Be transformed into shapeshifting Dragon [your choice as to what type of dragon]
    A Gold Dragon from D&D would not be bad, but I'm not sure I want to be in a D&D world. But this is probably the safest choice, as it comes ready-to-rumble.

Techno-organic being from the MU? Humanoid Cylon from Battlestar Galactica remake?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 08-18-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

You are transported to an empty waiting room. A sign informs you that, once you pass through the door you will enter a new world (but it doesn't say which new world).

I got my own interdimensional escape shenanigans, but I don't got much going on, so let's see where this goes.

1. Remain as you are
    That's a death sentence.

2. Be transformed into a Vampire [type of your choosing] but without the standard, traditional weaknesses of sunlight or daytime.
    You know what, I'm going to go with one of Deus's "phenomenon" vampires, where I'd feed off some element of emotion or physics or some other thing that gives me crazy-insane meta powers, on top of all the high-tier typical vampire advantages they get (if I'm remembering them right). That'll carry me a fair ways, I think.

Hmmm, werewolves are pretty cool. I'll choose my own brand of werewolf/elemental crossbreeds just for the added advantages that brings.

Nah, the problem with tech stuff like this is the body is great to start with, but once one thing breaks, you're completely fucked if you don't end up in a world with compatible technology. And since we're playing Russian Roulette with the Multiverse here, I don't trust I'd be able to repair myself when shit starts going wrong, or not end up in a place where a tech body would be a liability.

Curiosity would compel, and since there's a chance we'll end up on an inhuman planet, being able to blend in might be an advantage, but honestly, it probably wouldn't be much better than being my normal self. Likely, there's a chance I'm either just human anyway, or if I'm in a non-human body, but still myself, they're going to think I'm insane or possessed or having some kind of mental condition, and who knows what they'll do to me then.

I'd go with the highest possible end Concept Mage I could possibly fenagle (Universe Mage? Multiverse Mage? Dimension Witch?) and just ditch the world I end up on to go make one of my own and go do whatever it is cosmically powerful sorcerers get up to. Unless it's sufficiently Earth like I feel I can make a home there, maybe I'll stick around in my own fortress of solitude, while having pocket dimension retreats.

Go with one of those apocalyptically powerful god-dragons, and basically repeat option 6.

You have no advanced knowledge of what lies ahead, except that it has an environment similar enough to Earth's so that you don't die as soon as you step out. Also, it does have sentient life, but no idea what kind or what kind of civilization they have if any.
    If I just end up back on Earth as my same self somehow, I'm going to be very annoyed.

So, what do you choose? if you decide to stay in the waiting area for more than a day, you will find yourself floating in space as room needs to be made for the next person.
    Oh, I dunno, just for the sheer absolute hax of it, probably Option 6. If it turns out I can't actually hax it that far, then Option 7. Then Option 2, I suppose, if I can't have a hax dragon. If that ends up being a dud, Option 3.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 08-18-2022 at 04:53 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

1. Remain as you are
    The KING of Munch IS always a solid pick.

Mandareas. Eh, not really selling me.

Maybe White Wolf if I got to be a top-tier vamp.

Fenris is a BIT better admittedly.

Fang on the other hand is so forgettable I had to go Google the werewolf guy from FFV just to find out he was so boring he named himself "Fang". Come on.

These guys were pretty wack. Even a Genocider has only 105% Aptitude.

Ooooh, wait! Does this include Biomechs? Because The MunchKING's fighting powers and abilities in a Super-Sayin beating Dr. Gero Special like 18 or 19 would be a pretty big step up. Especially for those annoying cutscenes.

Psh. "Blending in" is for people who are scared of the locals. Or who don't have D-hopping.

THERE we go!! Scion 2nd Edition defines all it's cool powers as kinds of "magic". So Cosmic-God Munchy will be happy to go whatever world you've got there.

One of the ones that can shapeshifter at will probably.

Cosmic God for the win please.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    That's a death sentence.

Hasn't killed you yet.

You know what, I'm going to go with one of Deus's "phenomenon" vampires, where I'd feed off some element of emotion or physics or some other thing that gives me crazy-insane meta powers, on top of all the high-tier typical vampire advantages they get (if I'm remembering them right). That'll carry me a fair ways, I think.
    Oooh, I didn't think of Marcalining it.

I wonder what other wacky powersets call themselves vampires...

Nah, the problem with tech stuff like this is the body is great to start with, but once one thing breaks, you're completely fucked if you don't end up in a world with compatible technology. And since we're playing Russian Roulette with the Multiverse here, I don't trust I'd be able to repair myself when shit starts going wrong, or not end up in a place where a tech body would be a liability.
    Hense Bio-units. Preferably with high end self healing.

I'd go with the highest possible end Concept Mage I could possibly fenagle (Universe Mage? Multiverse Mage? Dimension Witch?) and just ditch the world I end up on to go make one of my own and go do whatever it is cosmically powerful sorcerers get up to. Unless it's sufficiently Earth like I feel I can make a home there, maybe I'll stick around in my own fortress of solitude, while having pocket dimension retreats.
    Mage: The Ascension gets pretty bonkers at higher power levels if you can subvert Paradox. "Reality warping as you see fit" and all that at higher levels.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Hey, it wouldn't be fun if it made every involuntary participant happy.

Also, good plan. But you know what they say about best-laid plans.....
    It's not a plan, it's a response. ^_^ I mean, this is involuntary. Darn right I'm going to react in a way that gets me back home - the absolute WORST thing about this situation, the 100% intolerable part, is that part. Honestly? I give no craps about the vast supernatural powers in comparison to being able to stay here with everything I love - if they had given me a choice, I would have said 'Naw, just leave me at home.'

But they didn't, I'm forced into the situation, so darned tootin' I'm going to abuse the crap out of it before firing off the Interdimensional Grapple Gun. Khazan Arena Approved™, purchased from the Khazan store (You Can Buy One Item At The Khazan Store thread, lo these many years ago!); that thing has been thwarting the Plot Gods since about 2006. ^_^

As always, Anima Creation mage gives me immortality, the capacity to learn stupid amounts of other magic, and the capacity for me to grant the same to anyone I want. And I have zero worries about the Anima Inquisition or all of the other checks and balances that hold people back on Gaia.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Hasn't killed you yet.
    Not for lack of trying! :V

But that's because I'm in a fairly safe position in life.

Realistically, if you just tossed real me with nothing but the clothes on my back and whatever's in my pockets, into any number of incredibly dangerous realities, I don't think I'd survive very long.

Poster Persona me, though, I'd be okay as long as I could get some pants to wield. V:

Hense Bio-units. Preferably with high end self healing.
    Aw, I didn't even think of that! Yeah, a DBZ Android body would be pretty great, especially if it was a Cell-type unit.

Mage: The Ascension gets pretty bonkers at higher power levels if you can subvert Paradox. "Reality warping as you see fit" and all that at higher levels.
    Sold! As long as I don't have to worry about Paradox too much. :P

Not for lack of trying! :V

But that's because I'm in a fairly safe position in life.

Realistically, if you just tossed real me with nothing but the clothes on my back and whatever's in my pockets, into any number of incredibly dangerous realities, I don't think I'd survive very long.

Poster Persona me, though, I'd be okay as long as I could get some pants to wield. V:
    People wonder why I chose the IGG lo, these many years ago. ^_^

Sold! As long as I don't have to worry about Paradox too much. :P
    Either the world needs to not have consensual reality (and frankly? I would argue that any world where it isn't specifically noted that it has it, doesn't) or you need to have a REALLY high Prime sphere.

I think the odds are good that you'll be fine and not have any Paradox with which to deal. It just makes me wonder how powerful you would start - starting Mages suck. But looking at the other choices, I imagine you could start as an Archmage or Oracle.
    Why are we here?

People wonder why I chose the IGG lo, these many years ago. ^_^
    It's been a great investment!

Either the world needs to not have consensual reality (and frankly? I would argue that any world where it isn't specifically noted that it has it, doesn't) or you need to have a REALLY high Prime sphere.

I think the odds are good that you'll be fine and not have any Paradox with which to deal. It just makes me wonder how powerful you would start - starting Mages suck. But looking at the other choices, I imagine you could start as an Archmage or Oracle.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, if it doesn't say Paradox is a problem on the tin, I'm probably fine. Hopefully I'd end up high enough where I'm not just starting out as real me with a couple paltry party tricks, though, I'd need something that'd make basic survival easier.

Would this include becoming a Voyager Witch from Umineko no Naku Koro, like Bernkastel and Lamdadelta?

If yes, then that's my pick.

Even if I didn't start as high-level as those two, it's still extremely cosmic.

It's been a great investment!
    Beats the free Death Star On A Stick everyone got about the same time. ^_^ Khazan store was a crazy place.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, if it doesn't say Paradox is a problem on the tin, I'm probably fine. Hopefully I'd end up high enough where I'm not just starting out as real me with a couple paltry party tricks, though, I'd need something that'd make basic survival easier.
    Again, I'm looking at the other choices.

1. Any vampire you want. Could be Lestat-level. Could be Dimitri Darkstalkers level. Could be Vampire Hunter D Dracula. Etc.
    2. Werewolves...okay, I got nothing here.
    3. Android or Cyborg. As others have noted...*looks at Dragonball Super*
    4. Shapeshifting Dragon. I don't know a lot of them off-hand, but 'Dragons' includes beings like Grougaloragran (Wakfu) and Dragons of C'iel or Gaira (Anima, mile-high draconic demi-god level beings).

I think saying 'Mage The Ascension with high-level Spheres' isn't an overpowered ask. ^_^
    Why are we here?

4. Shapeshifting Dragon. I don't know a lot of them off-hand, but 'Dragons' includes beings like Grougaloragran (Wakfu) and Dragons of C'iel or Gaira (Anima, mile-high draconic demi-god level beings).
    Bahamut, the god of good dragons, from 3.0 D&D Deities & Demigiods?