Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default X-Force #30 review

The issue is kind of a epilogue to the previous arc and the Wolverine/Deadpool/Danger one as well as a prologue to the showdown with Kraven teased in the solicits.

Act 1 - Logan is confronting a tree with Krakoa's face on it, asking what happened to Quire after he beat the f*cking helmet.

Logan: >:{
    Krakoa: >:[

The "altercation" ends with Logan taking his claws to the tree with Charles showing up at the aftermath telling Logan that's he just accomplishing nothing. Logan tells him that he believes in Charles but for now he's done with believing in Krakoa.

Act 2 - Kraven is monologuing his adventure in some icy lands which turns out to be Siberia where he kills a seal for its meat to lure out a giant polar bear. He talks about apex predators and why he hunts them. He finally kills the bear and when he guts it, he finds Deadpool's head inside.

Act 3 - Flashback. This is the part from the review where Deadpool is being his usual ass self around the island then he gets beaten up by Omega Red at the X-Force meeting for his prank. Red apologises cuz he believes it's his fault that Logan is ditching the X-Force meeting but Sage says it's not him. Tom points out they don't have Quire and Logan but Beast says they'll just adapt.

Act 4- Apparently, Angel's dumb ass got kidnapped by anti-resurrection flatscans (thanks, Ben) so Domino and Tom go to bail him out.
    Omega Red and Deadpool are sent to Serbia cuz those ****ing Russians are trafficking mutants for the ****ing umpteenth time. Sage tells Beast he should've gone with them but Beast is like "you tripping, gurl" and says if they fail they can write it off as a rogue operation.
    Deadpool pranks Red again so Red beats him up again, chops off his arms and pins him to the ice with his own katanas (which was badass). Red goes to beat up the Russian flatscans by himself while the bear Kraven was hunting finds Deadpool's body.

Act 5 - Kraven and Deadpool's head arrive at a local Serbian bar where some drunk flatscan dude is talking about how mutants being immortal now makes them the apex predators of mankind. Kraven hears this and has a "ya don't say" moment. End of book.
    "Cable was right!"

This was pretty “meh” to me, but not totally unenjoyable. It had its moments, and the art was solid.

Enjoying Deadpool and Omega Red on this squad more than I thought I would, and now kind of want a 90s-tastic X-Force team written by Al Ewing with a kickass artist with a more 90s aesthetic. I mean… give me Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Bishop, Omega Red, Gambit, Kwannon and Sage all on one team please. Maybe Archangel and X-23 too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

So nothing about Pete being used by his brother? Why start this and never mention it all?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Before heading into a 4 months Kraven story, could we not have the Peackock Man being revealed first?

Or is that going the same way as the Tattooed Man who was after Colossus a few years back who saw for a long time and then the story never was ended.
    I wanna know who Peackock Man is and why he started Xeno Cult.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So nothing about Pete being used by his brother? Why start this and never mention it all?
    Surprisingly this got brought up in New Mutants and we finally kind of understand how Peter is experiencing the mind control. It could be a plot point that Gillen is going to cover, but who knows atp.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    That plot hasn't been touched since Piotr killed his new gf.
    "Cable was right!"

The Peackock Man appears in the Ms. Marvel & Moon Knight one shot XD

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Surprisingly this got brought up in New Mutants and we finally kind of understand how Peter is experiencing the mind control. It could be a plot point that Gillen is going to cover, but who knows atp.
    How is Piotr experience the mind control in New Mutants??

I’m sorry I’m not reading New Mutants nor do I plan too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    How is Piotr experience the mind control in New Mutants??

I’m sorry I’m not reading New Mutants nor do I plan too.
    He finds himself having gaps in his memory and missing time as well as appearing in places strangely.

The way he frames it, kinda gives off the fear that he might be personally developing Alzheimers.

I find it shocking how Percy was able to make issues so dense and interesting and now is only doing these 90s knock off issues. It must be on purpose, but I lost the interest, not for me.

It was enjoyable for what it was, but very mediocre. The book focusing on Deadpool with Omega Red is not the path I was hoping to see. I honestly want more of Beast, Sage and Domino. And let's see how they'll make more 3 issues of Kraven vs X-Force believable.

Gill is a very solid artist, but he is not as exciting as I wish. Maybe with more vibrant colors the art would pop more.

Art was dope in this book, and I enjoyed the 90s style straight-forward beat em up story. If the X-Books need one of those, I'd prefer it be this title.

I thought it was a nice issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    He finds himself having gaps in his memory and missing time as well as appearing in places strangely.

The way he frames it, kinda gives off the fear that he might be personally developing Alzheimers.
    AH! ok. Interesting, hopefully he goes and ask any of the Telepaths to dive into his mind. Thank You.

Astonishing Member

I think following the Wolverine angle with wanting to know what happened to Quentin would have been more interesting than the Deadpool show. And the whole Kraven now interested in hunting mutants? I mean is that even really a threat? Any mid tier mutant could obliterate him.

Astonishing Member

I get that not every writer keeps up with every one else's books, but damn editors, what kind of editorial notes do you even GIVE writers on your scripts if you're not even aware enough of your own characters to be like "hey maybe don't base a whole plot conflict around humans capturing and tying up Warren on the basis 'this dude only has wings, he's not so tough' when actually its 'for the past several years this dude has been able to consciously turn into Archangel and kill people (also cut ropes probably) with metal wings that can literally slice off heads,' and that poses problems for certain key elements of your story."

So much for the changing of the guard shaking up this book and maybe addressing some of its problems. Putting more thought into the logistics of his plots clearly didn't make the list. Ah well, gave it another shot and I'm out again.