Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I get that not every writer keeps up with every one else's books, but damn editors, what kind of editorial notes do you even GIVE writers on your scripts if you're not even aware enough of your own characters to be like "hey maybe don't base a whole plot conflict around humans capturing and tying up Warren on the basis 'this dude only has wings, he's not so tough' when actually its 'for the past several years this dude has been able to consciously turn into Archangel and kill people (also cut ropes probably) with metal wings that can literally slice off heads,' and that poses problems for certain key elements of your story."

So much for the changing of the guard shaking up this book and maybe addressing some of its problems. Putting more thought into the logistics of his plots clearly didn't make the list. Ah well, gave it another shot and I'm out again.
    Yeah. Kidnapping Warren doesn't work since he still has his Archangel buffs. There were plenty of fodder characters they could've used. However it's not surprising since Percy had a bunch of pros get eaten by a hentai tentacle helmet demon.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

The Peacock Man showed up in Ms Marvel and Moon Knight #1 if I'm not mistaken. I haven't fully read the issue yet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    So nothing about Pete being used by his brother? Why start this and never mention it all?
    The Biggest Colossus Arc of All Time is so big it couldn't fit in this issue?

Fantastic Member

So, if I tell Kraven anything is the biggest apex predator, he'll get insecure and try to kill that?
    "Hey, Kraven, Dr. Doom is the world's apex predator!"
    RIP Krave

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Lmaooo this plot thread has moved at a glacial pace for the past what almost 4 years now? I'm just waiting for this Chekovs gun to be fired already so that we can get Colossus back as a character because jeez this is the slowest of burns.

In all likelihood I don't think Percy had any intention of dragging this plot out as long as he did but circumstances has kept him from resolving it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That’s funny. I was just in a bar where guys were sitting around talking about apex predators. I like it when a book has such completely natural and not-at-all-contrived scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Came in here to make the same type of comment. There's annoying hype and then there's hyping that's sad bad it's a bad joke. This is the second of those two. This book is a meandering mess. They can't even stick to the hooks they use to draw us in. Dropped as of this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That’s funny. I was just in a bar where guys were sitting around talking about apex predators. I like it when a book has such completely natural and not-at-all-contrived scenes.
    Dude was drunk. Let me not defend Percy but…actually I am, people talk about really stupid things they aren’t drunk. People talk about really stupid things they are drunk. I have seen perfectly sober people have half hour arguments over the color of the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Dude was drunk. Let me not defend Percy but…actually I am, people talk about really stupid things they aren’t drunk. People talk about really stupid things they are drunk. I have seen perfectly sober people have half hour arguments over the color of the sky!
    And I definitely have a couple of friends who would indeed talk about apex predators, and whether or not they could take one in a fight, when they are inebriated. LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Surprisingly this got brought up in New Mutants and we finally kind of understand how Peter is experiencing the mind control. It could be a plot point that Gillen is going to cover, but who knows atp.
    I haven’t picked up this or new mutants and I saw it was mentioned there. Odd that it’s a plot point dropped here and touched upon like it’s been addressed before.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I'm lost. How is this a tie-in to AXE?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I haven’t picked up this or new mutants and I saw it was mentioned there. Odd that it’s a plot point dropped here and touched upon like it’s been addressed before.
    Well I’m glad someone remembered that Magik and Colossus are siblings, cause it was certainly forgotten when Beast was rounding up “all the Russian mutants” in earlier X-Force.

If Kraven wants to make a nice new fur coat out of Beast, I say they should let him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I'm lost. How is this a tie-in to AXE?
    Mostly, it's fallout from the Hellfire Gala and the revelation to the human general public that mutants are effectively immortal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So was the excuse for Warren not being able to escape that Kill No Man law?