Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Jean and Rachel

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    in the words of banshee. "BlasphemEEEEEEEEEEE!" lol. Generation X. I don't know i wasn't around in the 70s but i feel reading in the 90s i saw banshee around quite a bit but he was never a focal point character.
    Generation X was not really a X-men team, and he was a teacher, not a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Generation X was not really a X-men team, and he was a teacher, not a member.
    Wasn't he also on one of the New Xmen teams. I can't remember specifically but it was with iceman and them either during or right after the morrison era. When they were using that weird anime style and i say weird because the noses on the cover were such a turn off. during the leather days for sure.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm trying to remember and may be wrong here, but have Psylocke and Iceman ever been on the same team? I mean, I know there was some melding of the 90's Blue and Gold teams after Age of Apocalypse, and of course, both teams shared the mansion, so they had interactions, but I'm not sure they were ever specifically on the same team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Lots of forgetting the late 90s line-up, that lasted incredibly long by comic standards, of Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, and Marrow. I LOVED that line-up!
    In hindsight, i feel there was a lot of wasted opportunity by never having Rogue and Marrow interact with each other during this time. Like AT ALL.

A young woman, who was previously a ruthless villain, met with rejection and scepticism by her new team mates because of that, who has powers that are both harmfull to others and make it difficult for her to connect to people and who is filled with regret and self loathing burried under a tough exterior.

Clearly no similarities which could have been used to help progress Marrow's character from villain to atoning anti-hero right?

Instead she had interactions with everyone BUT Rogue on the team and tellingly her character also pretty much went nowhere.

Never confronting her past crimes or even showcasing open regret over them, never trying to make up for it and never actualy progressing as character in a meaningfull way.

Instead they increasingly focused on her appearance issues formost, as if it that was the true catalyst for all her anger, violence and crimes, until they threw her into some Skrull machine from which she came out more "pretty" looking and tamer in personality.

Because childhood trauma, being raised in a darwinian nightmare world and having her head filled with extremist mutant ideologies are all going to be overcome with a make-over...

And this bad trend for her character continued into the terrible Weapon X series where her entire motivation for betraying her fellow mutants and becomming an assassin for hire, was because the programm had made her pretty again.
    Afterwards it was 15 years of minimal appearances during which her character at best stagnated and at worst got the "crazy woman" gimick added, which still seems to linger on her character when she gets her brief bit appearances in the current era.

So in summary 3 years of wasted opportunity and nearly 20 years of only brief cameos or appearances that made her character worse. Was it all because she never interacted with Rogue? Obviously not. But i feel it's emblematic for what went wrong with the character and how the writers handled her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I miss that part, how about Gambit with Forge or Banshee?
    All three were X-Men in the post X-Tinction Agenda era.

I'm thinking that Arch/Angel and Emma have never been on a team together either.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm thinking that Arch/Angel and Emma have never been on a team together either.
    If you count the SF/Utopia era, they were, but then again the X-men were one giant team with a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm trying to remember and may be wrong here, but have Psylocke and Iceman ever been on the same team? I mean, I know there was some melding of the 90's Blue and Gold teams after Age of Apocalypse, and of course, both teams shared the mansion, so they had interactions, but I'm not sure they were ever specifically on the same team.
    Yeah I don't think they were on the same official roster until maybe X-Tremists. They were on the Legion Quest squad together before that and she once helped boost his powers after she returned from Exiles.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Have Longshot and Gambit ever served on the team together?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If you count the SF/Utopia era, they were, but then again the X-men were one giant team with a lot of people.
    True, but at the same time almost every X-Man mainstay that was alive was on those teams, except for Havok, Rachael, and Polaris who were in Shi'ar space. Given that as a criteria, I'd almost not count that huge group of 30+ mutants as a specified team, but as a population instead. But, I could see if some do count it as a team.

Can't figure out how to multi quote but jbenito that's a good catch with the X-tremist team. Totally forgot about that, probably because it was such a short run, and in an alternate reality, but it would still count I'd think.

Fantastic Member

Have Archangel and Nightcrawler ever been together, other than the San Fran super team?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Have Longshot and Gambit ever served on the team together?
    Longshot is not a regular X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Lots of forgetting the late 90s line-up, that lasted incredibly long by comic standards, of Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, and Marrow. I LOVED that line-up!
    Yes and this is why. Fever dream era.

but rip, I still do want to see Kurt and Rogue on more teams since it really doesn't seem like they interact even when on the same teams.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Have Archangel and Nightcrawler ever been together, other than the San Fran super team?
    It mentioned above, they are both with Anime style X-Men together with Stacy X, where Stacy X both seduce Angel/Kurt .