Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

Psylocke and polaris have never been in a team together and it kinda hurts… oh wait they were in the disassembled team but ir kind doesn’t count

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Do we count Emma as a member of the Marauders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If you count the SF/Utopia era, they were, but then again the X-men were one giant team with a lot of people.
    Yeah, it gets difficult even deciding if it is a team or not in many X-Men comics of the 2000s. In a lot of eras like the Utopia era, Disassembled era, Post-schism, and the Krakoan era(to a lesser extent), it is more of a whoever is available kind of system and tons of support cast members rather than official teams. Some of it is just- "You a mutant?" "Yes." "Then you are an X-Man." I personally don't like the Utopia era especially since I didn't like everyone being made an X-Man and not having more concrete line-ups.

And in regards to the first quote, I wouldn't really consider Emma Frost as a member of the Marauders, as she seemed to serve more in the Professor X role of old. But everyone could interpret it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I miss that part, how about Gambit with Forge or Banshee?
    Like was said by someone else, they worked together during the Jim Lee Shi'ar story and the Muir Island Saga. Whether you would consider it an official team is more up to interpretation given it was kind of thrown together by chance and they were thrown into two crises with no room to breath.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yes and this is why. Fever dream era.
    I will never understand the disdain the late 90s X-Men comics get(or the 90s comics in general). I do think things started getting kind of bad when it started into The Twelve storyline, but that was early 2000s, and even that era and the also lackluster Claremont Revolution era were still no worse than some of the more mediocre modern X-Men comics that bloat the line every single year these days. I honestly love those 1998 and 1999 comics! Super great art from the likes of Alan Davis, Chris Bachalo, Steve Skroce, German Garcia, Adam Kubert, and Leinil Francis Yu. Marrow, Maggott, and Cecilia Reyes short-lived stint on the team was great, and was no shorter than a lot of line-ups get in more modern X-Men comics with the constant reshuffling of teams and constant relaunches and creative team changes. The return of Nightcrawler and Kitty to the X-Men was exciting and fresh and long overdue, and as a Gambit super fan I of course loved him returning to the team and getting his own solo series. I think Magneto War and The Hunt for Xavier are underrated and enjoyable, and this time period had one of my favorite X-Men Christmas stories(Uncanny X-Men #365). In fact, I absolutely love the more quiet and lower stakes, one or two issue story arcs, that were littered throughout this period, and I wish we still got these kinds of stories these days instead of everything having to be in service of the plot of the overall line or latest event, and decompressed, made for the trade writing styles taking over the storytelling in every title. The O5 hanging in an Alaskan cabin for a couple issues. Miscellaneous X-Men and related characters relaxing by a lake before Sauron crashed the party. Storm, Gambit, Kitty on a fun thieving adventure. A cool and fun N’garai gate one-shot issue with new team members and the few old guard left interacting and struggling to be a team. A rag-tag group of X-Men at one of their lowest points facing the Shadow King. I enjoy those kinds of issues so much! Was there untapped potential and heavy-handed editorial mandates? Yeah, but how is that different from any other era after the original Claremont run? I read the comics in the following image and just have fun-

Last edited by thjan; 08-20-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Psylocke and polaris have never been in a team together and it kinda hurts… oh wait they were in the disassembled team but ir kind doesn’t count
    Which era is the disassembled team? I always thought that was after the outback era when they went through the Siege Perilous.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Which era is the disassembled team? I always thought that was after the outback era when they went through the Siege Perilous.
    I think people are referring to “X-Men Disassembled”, which was less an era but a 10-issue weekly event that led into Age of X-Man and the brief Rosenberg run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine and Bishop
    They’ve served together a few times, notable Uncanny #300 as pointed out and also Astonishing X-men, albeit it was Old Man Logan and not 616 Logan.

Wolverine and Cable
    They were briefly on X-Force together when Cable suited up in his black/red/gray outfit and went into the future with them. That was pretty awesome, and it felt like Logan deferred to him as the leader too, which really made me want to see them both on an X-Force squad together for a longer period…

6CF8E26F-C4B0-49FB-AD3C-A78B3CE6884F.jpg AA65E008-E709-4D32-B736-BD2451E03C36.jpg D8C82947-4C43-4259-A5AE-F741C0C2B55D.jpg

Bishop and Cable
    This is the one I’m most interested in seeing, especially after Bishop was shoe-horned into being the villain of the Duane Swiercynski/Ariel Olivetti Cable series and committed mass genocide in order to try and kill Hope. Such awful character assassination that was unnecessary really, as they could’ve easily had it be Fitzroy or someone else from Bishop’s time rather than ruin him like that.

Regardless, I’d love to see Bish get some redemption and he and Nathan on a team together, having buried the hatchet and working side by side as colleagues and eventually becoming close friends.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I was wondering for a long time if there are any of the regular X-Men that were never on the same team. With regular X-Men I mean X-Men that are regularly on X-Men roosters, not the ones who joined once or twice.

So including the O5, ANAD team, Betsy, Rachel, Gambit, Rogue, Xavier, Magneto, Bishop, Havok etc
    Not including Sunspot, Sage, Maggot, Firestar, Cece Reyes etc.
    Are we counting only teams called "X-Men"? Cuz there is a distinction as Rachel is now on an X-team with Gambit, but they are not called "the X-Men". I'm going with sanctioned X-teams so here is my list or thoughts:

Thunderbird - almost every X-Man except Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Sunfire, Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee
    Lorna has never been on a team with Psylocke, Storm, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Banshee, Colossus, Bishop
    Rachel has never been on a team with Jean, Angel, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Banshee, Dazzler, Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How often have Jean and Rachel been on the same team?
    There's also Cable and Havok.
    Technically never. They have appeared together in books but never on an actual team together.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Are we counting only teams called "X-Men"? Cuz there is a distinction as Rachel is now on an X-team with Gambit, but they are not called "the X-Men". I'm going with sanctioned X-teams so here is my list or thoughts:

Thunderbird - almost every X-Man except Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Sunfire, Wolverine, Colossus, Banshee
    Lorna has never been on a team with Psylocke, Storm, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Banshee, Colossus, Bishop
    Rachel has never been on a team with Jean, Angel, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Banshee, Dazzler, Jubilee

Technically never. They have appeared together in books but never on an actual team together.
    Does the X-Men team on Muir Island during the post Outback era count as a sanctioned X-team ? Lorna and Banshee were both on it
    And Lorna and Sunfire were both on Krakoa's first X-Men team
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 08-21-2022 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Logan never teamed up with X-Factor and Generation X characters except for Jubilee, Havok and maybe Polaris. Which is to say that I don't count her teaming up during Claremonts run because she was either brainwashed or mindwiped

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Logan never teamed up with X-Factor and Generation X characters except for Jubilee, Havok and maybe Polaris. Which is to say that I don't count her teaming up during Claremonts run because she was either brainwashed or mindwiped
    Generation X members are not regular X-Men my friend
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, it gets difficult even deciding if it is a team or not in many X-Men comics of the 2000s. In a lot of eras like the Utopia era, Disassembled era, Post-schism, and the Krakoan era(to a lesser extent), it is more of a whoever is available kind of system and tons of support cast members rather than official teams. Some of it is just- "You a mutant?" "Yes." "Then you are an X-Man." I personally don't like the Utopia era especially since I didn't like everyone being made an X-Man and not having more concrete line-ups.

And in regards to the first quote, I wouldn't really consider Emma Frost as a member of the Marauders, as she seemed to serve more in the Professor X role of old. But everyone could interpret it differently.

Like was said by someone else, they worked together during the Jim Lee Shi'ar story and the Muir Island Saga. Whether you would consider it an official team is more up to interpretation given it was kind of thrown together by chance and they were thrown into two crises with no room to breath.

I will never understand the disdain the late 90s X-Men comics get(or the 90s comics in general). I do think things started getting kind of bad when it started into The Twelve storyline, but that was early 2000s, and even that era and the also lackluster Claremont Revolution era were still no worse than some of the more mediocre modern X-Men comics that bloat the line every single year these days. I honestly love those 1998 and 1999 comics! Super great art from the likes of Alan Davis, Chris Bachalo, Steve Skroce, German Garcia, Adam Kubert, and Leinil Francis Yu. Marrow, Maggott, and Cecilia Reyes short-lived stint on the team was great, and was no shorter than a lot of line-ups get in more modern X-Men comics with the constant reshuffling of teams and constant relaunches and creative team changes. The return of Nightcrawler and Kitty to the X-Men was exciting and fresh and long overdue, and as a Gambit super fan I of course loved him returning to the team and getting his own solo series. I think Magneto War and The Hunt for Xavier are underrated and enjoyable, and this time period had one of my favorite X-Men Christmas stories(Uncanny X-Men #365). In fact, I absolutely love the more quiet and lower stakes, one or two issue story arcs, that were littered throughout this period, and I wish we still got these kinds of stories these days instead of everything having to be in service of the plot of the overall line or latest event, and decompressed, made for the trade writing styles taking over the storytelling in every title. The O5 hanging in an Alaskan cabin for a couple issues. Miscellaneous X-Men and related characters relaxing by a lake before Sauron crashed the party. Storm, Gambit, Kitty on a fun thieving adventure. A cool and fun N’garai gate one-shot issue with new team members and the few old guard left interacting and struggling to be a team. A rag-tag group of X-Men at one of their lowest points facing the Shadow King. I enjoy those kinds of issues so much! Was there untapped potential and heavy-handed editorial mandates? Yeah, but how is that different from any other era after the original Claremont run? I read the comics in the following image and just have fun-

i bought every last one of those issues at the time they released. Such a good time for comics.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The art was great, but the writing really wasn't. Both Seagle and Lodbell were hit n miss. some of those arcs above in particular were... not my favorites And stuff like this is just... no.

The 90s were definitely a different time.

Anyway, overall I definitely rate them than higher than some 00s writers like Austen / Milligan but also much lower than Carey, Morrison or even Whedon. I do think plenty of people hold a fondness for this era, but people are rightfully criticize it for lacking clear direction and missing the mark on some emotional beats. Also the teams were extremely fluid, which I wasn't a fan of; even worse than today's comics which added to the lack of consistency.

Astonishing Member

(...) I will never understand the disdain the late 90s X-Men comics get(or the 90s comics in general). I do think things started getting kind of bad when it started into The Twelve storyline, but that was early 2000s, and even that era and the also lackluster Claremont Revolution era were still no worse than some of the more mediocre modern X-Men comics that bloat the line every single year these days. I honestly love those 1998 and 1999 comics! Super great art from the likes of Alan Davis, Chris Bachalo, Steve Skroce, German Garcia, Adam Kubert, and Leinil Francis Yu. Marrow, Maggott, and Cecilia Reyes short-lived stint on the team was great, and was no shorter than a lot of line-ups get in more modern X-Men comics with the constant reshuffling of teams and constant relaunches and creative team changes. The return of Nightcrawler and Kitty to the X-Men was exciting and fresh and long overdue, and as a Gambit super fan I of course loved him returning to the team and getting his own solo series. I think Magneto War and The Hunt for Xavier are underrated and enjoyable, and this time period had one of my favorite X-Men Christmas stories(Uncanny X-Men #365). In fact, I absolutely love the more quiet and lower stakes, one or two issue story arcs, that were littered throughout this period, and I wish we still got these kinds of stories these days instead of everything having to be in service of the plot of the overall line or latest event, and decompressed, made for the trade writing styles taking over the storytelling in every title. The O5 hanging in an Alaskan cabin for a couple issues. Miscellaneous X-Men and related characters relaxing by a lake before Sauron crashed the party. Storm, Gambit, Kitty on a fun thieving adventure. A cool and fun N’garai gate one-shot issue with new team members and the few old guard left interacting and struggling to be a team. A rag-tag group of X-Men at one of their lowest points facing the Shadow King. I enjoy those kinds of issues so much! Was there untapped potential and heavy-handed editorial mandates? Yeah, but how is that different from any other era after the original Claremont run? I read the comics in the following image and just have fun-

*covers*
    Those covers bring back fond memories, which also make me totaly biased.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Rogue and Angel cuz they canon hate each other.

All-New Member

Has Kate Pryde ever been on same team with Jean Grey? I know often on different teams that join up, but on same team? I remember Kate (back then Kitty) has been on team(s) with the guys from the O5, but I can't remember a time with Jean.
    Has Pryde ever been on a team with Havok and/or Polaris?

I know Marauders was first time she was on a team with Bishop, pre-Krakoa, they've fought on same side in some fights but they were never on X-Men roll-call at same time.

I don't think Polaris been on regular X-Men team with Storm, Kwannon, Betsy, Kitty, Dazzler.