Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spectacular Member

Even though I did vote for Firestar, I wish they'd switch to ranked choice voting. I feel that would lead to a result where the most people are satisfied if they didn't get their first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think I read someone speculating that they're the two that are mentioned in the solicits so maybe didn't want to spoil things that are happening to them. But then that brings up the issue of why you wouldn't highlight them if they're the focus AND the original problem of why did you only put 2 POC on the team in the first place.
    Which would make sense if covers actually reflected the comic as they used to, but nowadays we get such generic covers (such as this one) that it really makes no difference whether they are included, and yes, to me it is problematic that both of them were pretty much left out of the group cover, as it highlights just how little diversity this team has.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Same here. I'd like to think there's a plausible explanation for turning her into the female human torch!
    That's exactly what she was originally intended to be. I don't know why the comics people decided to make her powers microwave based, when she was created for Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends because they couldn't use Johnny (who also couldn't even be used in a FF cartoon, which used HERBIE the robot instead!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

here's something for immortal x-men 8.

Well that’s highly interesting…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

And Amanda is still alive and well in the current time - okay maybe not well so much as decrepit, thanks to her mutant power of longevity but not the kind that prevents aging into a lich-like being who looks like Selene when she's dieting.

Amanda_Mueller__28Earth-616_from_X-Men_Legacy_Vol_1_213_001.jpg

(She's definitely the 'looker' in the family).

I still don't know how likely it is they'll bring her into the Krakoa mix in the modern era, but the drama that could serve up for the Summers family is delicious to contemplate. Especially if they tie in her daughter, Fontanelle, who is basically Scott, Alex and Gabe's great-great-great-aunt, a mutant with dreamwalking powers....and a history with Gambit.

And of course if you REALLY want to make it messy, you could always also resurrect Jean's recently-deceased and several times removed maybe-grandmother, Fiona Knoblach, the Dark Priestess. She's a powerful telepath/telekinetic/precog combo platter who was born in the late 1600s along with her older brother and sister who were also both mutants. The oldest sister Gloria was killed as a witch, and Fiona was like yeah that was a mistake, I'm gonna have to take over the world and then maybe end it now, because vengeance, see. And so, given that she and her brother William both ALSO possess longevity as a mutant power (what is it with Summers-Grey ancestors being like 'yeah I just don't feel like dying this century'), well, Fiona dedicated the next four hundred years to having lots of descendants and then raising them all to want to take over the world and maybe end it too. Its nice when families do group activities together, isn't it? She claims that Jean is one of her descendants, and that pesky Xavier just got to her as a kid before Fiona could be like 'heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Gam-gam!' but she is a known liar, so like.....that could also be a lie.

Her most notable story is when she came into conflict with Cable and Rachel while trying to overthrow the US government by putting one of her mutant descendants in the White House. Apparently Cable and Rachel were the only two people at the time that could possibly foil her plans as her precognition couldn't 'see' them, and Fiona's like, I do not have much experience with these 'limitations' things that other people apparently struggle with, but turns out I'm not a fan so I guess I'm just gonna have to have these two killed, great-great-great-grandbabies or not. Sides, its fine, I have plenty of others. Cable and Rachel were like mmm, press 'x' to doubt about her claims of ancestry, but there is that whole thing about some mutant relatives being immune to some of each other's powers so who knows. They put her in a coma after a psychic battle so its not like family holidays were ever really in the cards anyway. But last we saw of Fiona, she was one of the targets Sinister's Marauders took out during Messiah Complex, since he wanted any and all precogs deader than that tiny little voice tasked with whispering 'hey what if you weren't evil' to him, so ironically despite being born almost half a millennia ago, she's only actually been gone for about five years.

Anyway, just when you thought the Grey-Summers family couldn't get any MORE complicated, right? Haha. Fools. And yes, all of that is ridiculously convoluted even by comic book standards, but I mean, 'Seriously, wtf' is pretty much the Grey-Summers family credo anyway, so its all relative.

I just think it'd literally be the funniest thing to have Scott and Jean's great-great-great-grandmothers constantly feuding over their competing (evil) plans for their most famous and influential descendants, while Scott, Jean, Alex, Cable, Rachel and Hope are like yeah you're both cray-cray and we're excluding ourselves from either of these narratives. Now seriously, STOP inviting yourselves over to our house.

Amanda and Fiona: This is why Gabriel and Madelyne are our favorites.

(Gabe and Maddie exchange glances of 'I want to object at being lumped in as 'family' with the rest of them but also I've never been the favorite before, help I don't know what to do here.')
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 08-22-2022 at 03:24 PM.

“ Something monstrous is afoot! Nightcrawler has developed some very uncanny physical features”

Lmao I can’t.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    “ Something monstrous is afoot! Nightcrawler has developed some very uncanny physical features”

Lmao I can’t.
    I predict the same thing as the last two arcs:
    One mutant stirring up trouble that’s supposed to be on a grand scale but only matters in this book
    Kurt meanders his way through the story as someone’s sidekick, a sad lost boy
    One side quest that means nothing and goes nowhere
    Legion saves the day at the end