Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

WTF is even going on in Legion of Zzzzzz?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Prayer circle that this NM shake-up is really just paving the way for Ayala to be launching a new book about the mutant magic school.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Who are these new people? I see Wolfsbane, Cerebra and that new character but who are the other two?
    I think the one in the red shirt is Hellion.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Why leave out both Synch and Forge from X-men’s cover? That team is whiter than the O5.
    Plus I still don’t get why give Magik a New Mutants outfit just as she leaves the team to join the X-men. They should have created something more unique for her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    The U-Men returning as villains in New Mutants is pretty cool tbh. They haven’t been used since the Morrison years, right?
    They appeared as bad guys in the last 2 issues of Children of the Atom, capturing them to harvest their organs and joining the ranks of characters/organizations too stupid to recognize that a bunch of teenagers were obviously using technology while claiming to be mutants.

Because you know. Nobody has ever developed any alternative to cerebro in order to scan people for mutant genes and never spread said technology around the globe... oh wait they did. Multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    (...)*LMAO at Marauders...what the hell does that even mean?
    I just understood "It's time travel y'all.".

Who are these new people? I see Wolfsbane, Cerebra and that new character but who are the other two?
    If i recall right the two guys in the back are the supporting cast of the woman with the blue dyed hair tips, who in turn appeared in that Marvel Pride comic a while back. So don't get too used to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post

Loving how dynamic the covers are. Most excited for Cable issue of Red, Xtreme Xmen, Gambit, and Sabretooth. Not sure about the rest yet. oh and deadpool.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    WTF is even going on in Legion of Zzzzzz?
    Nothing I’m looking forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for posting!

Betsy is lost in limbo forever. *intentional melodramatics*

This sounds dope though! Jackraow21 get in here.

X-MEN RED #8
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD FARM!
    CABLE springs his trap for ABIGAIL BRAND – but are her plans too big for even the Askani'son to handle alone? To foil a scheme stretching from the Sol System to the Shi'ar Empire and beyond, the Soldier of Tomorrow's going to need all the help he can get…from his very own X-MEN RED!

Oh god!!! Hell yes!!! Not sure what I did to deserve this, but thanks be to Ewing and to Dauterman for this sublime Askani’son cover. I’m not worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    AW Damn IT Jbenito you beat me too it.

LOL yeah Jackraow21 get it in here!! It's your time to SHINE!!!! It's CABLE TIME!!! I can't wait for him just utterly destroy Abigail. And I think we already know his XMR Team.
    I am shining, my friend… and smiling from ear to ear. So happy Cable was chosen for this book, with this creative team. Really, really exciting. And November is my birth month too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

I think is Leo one of Vita creations from Prisoner X, and Rat King the son of Piper from the Morlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh god!!! Hell yes!!! Not sure what I did to deserve this, but thanks be to Ewing and to Dauterman for this sublime Askani’son cover. I’m not worthy.

I am shining, my friend… and smiling from ear to ear. So happy Cable was chosen for this book, with this creative team. Really, really exciting. And November is my birth month too.
    Mine is this month and they bout trounced all over this loyal fan. LMAO. But i'm glad things are shaping up for cable i smiled from ear to ear at the "Soldier of Tomorrow"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The one on the right with the sweater vest is Morgan Red, Escapade's best friend and tech support. I don't know who the kid with the glasses is.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Mine is this month and they bout trounced all over this loyal fan. LMAO. But i'm glad things are shaping up for cable i smiled from ear to ear at the "Soldier of Tomorrow"
    Thanks, jwatson. Fingers crossed for a better month for you next month.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

X-Men Red is carrying the line for me, the rest of the books range from adequate to mediocre.

I've mostly been enjoying Immortal but I really don't care for Sherlock Holmes stories.

New Mutants sounds okay and I liked Anders' story in the Pride issue. Shela and Morgan were pretty firmly anti-Krakoa in that story, it will be interesting to see if their views change in the issue.

I wish LaValle nothing but the best, but I have no interest in Sabretooth as a protagonist.

Seeing the X-Men cover I really don't like any of the new costumes. Duggan's writing bores me, so unless I hear really good things about the next few issues, this one is a pass.

Percy needs to go. Marauders needs a rehaul. Deadpool is not an X-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I'm excited for your excitement, and for the issue! New avatar on point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The covers for New Mutants, Marauders, Worse-Than-Logan & the Exiles, and Legion of X are a pleasure for the eyes.
    After all those years of boring, basic line-ups, I'm still astonished by what the current X-line offers.

If I didn't know better, the 3 latest covers of X-Men Red would look more like "same old crap" to me.
    This book should have more covers featuring more than 2 or 3 characters.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 08-18-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way