Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    So it doesn't judge you by what you do, but how your perception reflects on the world around you?
    So, in essence, whether you actually accomplished in making the world match your world view? I’m sorry, I’m still not understanding the rules.

The best I can come up with is, “You tried to inspire as a symbol. This place is a pigsty! Fail!”

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Doom saves the world by simply refusing to be judged, and as long as the Celestial hasn't finished judging everyone individually, he can't issue a collective judgment.

The Celestial: You can't just....decide not to be judged. You don't have that power.

Doom: Doom has dedicated his entire life to being the ONLY arbiter of what Doom is capable of, and never accepting the limitations others might WISH to impose upon him. The value of his life and life's work, how the results his actions have wrought might be weighed against his purposes when taking them....this then, is a verdict that can ONLY be rendered after answering: has Doom been successful in placing himself beyond the reach of others' judgments? Only Doom can answer that, unless you are attempting to force your own answer to that question on Doom BEFORE judging him as a success or failure there. Yet in doing so, you would be attempting to influence the very proceedings you preside over under the guise of being an impartial third party, thus making your claim of impartiality both null and void....along with all other judgments you have made while claiming the impartiality that you do not actually possess.

The Celestial: ....well ****.
    Celestial: “Fine. You get a pass. Next!”

Doombot: “Have you now seen the folly in your judgement over this planet through the magnificence that is Doom?”

Celestial: “You represent nothing but bolts and energy for me to siphon.”

Doombot: “And you are nothing but dead cosmic energy recycled and remodeled after an imperfect imbecile who claims to be the greatest inventor of mankind, a title only belonging to Doom! Yet, I stand here wasting my time of being judged by a paltry, talking corpse judging the creation of my maker. So perfectly modeled am I that there is almost no distinction between I and my creator, for there is no greater example of infallibility than Doom. Yet, despite my clear sentience and goal orienting matching exactly as I was created, you seek to judge the creation as meaningless. Then what say your very existence to-l

Celestial: “Okay! You get a pass, too! Just get out of my sight!!! Next!!!!”

Doombot #2: “You have kept me waiting for far too long. I will overlook this slight just this once.”

Celestial: “………….”
    Last edited by PyroFN; 08-19-2022 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Is anyone really going to care how the Celestial judges their characters? The Avengers and Eternals used Tony's brain in its construction AND the work of Sinister. No one should care what it has to say when it's comprised of that much sh@#. It might be fun for shits and giggles but shouldn't be taken seriously.
    When that Celestial is far more powerful than a good chunk of the super-heroes population, you need to care.

Very few supers actually can go toe-to-toe with one, let alone win.

Edit: Oh wait, you mean the readers. No. No one has any real reason to care. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Are we now at the point where we are allowed to judge this event and acknowledge how ridiculous it really is?
    Why I feel like Act 2 boutta DRAG with each tie-in book just being individual teams reacting to their judgements? Imma hope there’s better in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Are we now at the point where we are allowed to judge this event and acknowledge how ridiculous it really is?
    Is not more ridiculous than any recent comic(read Axis) and at least is not boring (looking at you original sin). Silver lining my dude, when come to comics of the big two is all matter of silver linings.
    As for the Eternals....house of glasses, yeah using of all people of planet Tony Stark brain pattern as base of omnipowerful frankenstein space god , a sober Tony to booth, was unwise. But is not like any of the Eternals has greater credentials. Wanna make a list of genocidal maniacs? Because man oh man, Eternals have quite a few amongst their ranks!
    Mutants too, sad to say, sprinkled with occasional amoral geneticist, megalomaniac sociologists and sometimes Hellion(hey remember when it was hinted he was supposed to become to become the new magneto? Good times) and Beast. Atleadt they have more variety
    Avengers......well could be worst. Could have been hank pym or Clint Barton instead of Tony.
    Tony and Sinister....because Hank and High Evolutionary would be too classy....and Norman Osborn and Modok too trashy and creepy.
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 08-19-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Now that it's been established the Celestial's criteria for judgement are out of whack, can we skip ahead to the part where they dismantle the thing again?

BANNED

cablebaby.jpg

Just give it baby Cable

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    cablebaby.jpg

Just give it baby Cable
    Hahaha cute.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    cablebaby.jpg

Just give it baby Cable
    Ha. What’s that from?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Right!? I couldn't help, but laugh. The 1 person that the ENTIRE Super-Hero Community respects is a Failure for Humanity. That kinda sucks.

So are we looking at:

Magneto - Pass
    Nightcrawler - Failure
    Jean Grey - Pass
    Mr. Sinister - Failure
    Makkari - Pass
    Ajak - Failure
    Steve Rogers - Failure
    Tony Stark - Failure
    Exodus - Pass

We are DOOM!!!!

Let's confuse Xavier:
    Xandra - Failure
    Legion - Pass

I wonder if Machine Man will fare better this time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    "Henry McCoy. You strive to be devoid of any redeeming features. You are the worst. You are a success." Thumbs up.

I think Mr. Sinister might be a pass. He is exactly what he wants to be.
    Yeah, that would be darkly hilarious. "Nathaniel Essex. You strive to be the absolute worst. You are grotesquely successful at that."

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I wonder if Machine Man will fare better this time.

Is this real?? The Celestials are savage if so.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. What’s that from?
    X-Factor Forever, technically non-canon I think.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Red Dragon

I kinda hope Jean and Scott are judged a failure too for the drama.