Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That is a combo I can support, if Johns is who leads.
    Me too. I think that they would make a perfect creative team for a new Legion ongoing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm catching up with Johns' more recent works at DC. He is back to retcon everything he can, lol. For sure he'll not leave the Superman franchise untouched if he'll write the Legion.

Astonishing Member

Dunno, Jimenez has a good visual style in the line of Perez, but it can be narratively very excessive. He wants to tell too much in little space... He could handle visually a big cast, undoubtly. In that aspect, he is among the best. But he can make you lost with all the words he puts on the page, explaining everything. Storywise, he can have good ideas, but on the words, he can overload you.
    For sure than with Jimenez, visually would had been stunning. Maybe if someone else is doing the dialogues, it could work better with Jimenez.
    Oh, I agree. I meant using him as a co-plotter with Levitz. I think that's how they worked in those Legion stories that appeared in Adventure Comics before new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh, I agree. I meant using him as a co-plotter with Levitz. I think that's how they worked in those Legion stories that appeared in Adventure Comics before new 52.
    And those issues were amazing. My favorite Legion related stories from that era hands down. I saw Phil talking on social media about how he was taken off that book. He didn't leave and wasn't taken off because he was too slow or anything. He was saying DC took him off because he gets paid too much to be used on a book with such low sales. So ridiculous. Maybe the sales would have gone up had they left him on the book longer. I think this is one of the problems with DC regarding the Legion. They don't want to put A list talent on it because of the cost.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. Levtiz's stories even seemed fresh. The best they had been since he was teamed with A artists like Giffen and Lightle. I think the top artists always brought out the best in him. Adventure Comics, though, wasn't really ideal for the Legion. Not sure why Levitz and Jimenez weren't given a Legion #1 as they should have been. The guy assigned to the new ongoing was decent, but nothing that was going to bring in new readers.

The Legion's worst enemy isn't Mordru or the Fatal Five. It's DC.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah. Levtiz's stories even seemed fresh. The best they had been since he was teamed with A artists like Giffen and Lightle. I think the top artists always brought out the best in him. Adventure Comics, though, wasn't really ideal for the Legion. Not sure why Levitz and Jimenez weren't given a Legion #1 as they should have been. The guy assigned to the new ongoing was decent, but nothing that was going to bring in new readers.

The Legion's worst enemy isn't Mordru or the Fatal Five. It's DC.
    Levitz was goiven the Legion book. And that was the mistake.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Retroboot apparently showed up in JSA today (I dropped JSA after all the delays so I got this from Twitter):

Safe bet that if Johns doesn’t bail (again) that one of his “New Golden Age” books is a Legion book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I guess we'll get this Legion fully back by, say, 2026 give or take all of the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess we'll get this Legion fully back by, say, 2026 give or take all of the delays.
    Expect no less than three more cock teases about them returning which Johns may or may not actually deliver on

Seriously I wonder if part of the reason for all the delays was because John’s fighting with editorial over continuity. Did they want him to use the Bendis Legion like Williamson is doing and he didn’t want to do that? Would explain the delays.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Expect no less than three more cock teases about them returning which Johns may or may not actually deliver on

Seriously I wonder if part of the reason for all the delays was because John’s fighting with editorial over continuity. Did they want him to use the Bendis Legion like Williamson is doing and he didn’t want to do that? Would explain the delays.
    The mystery of who is Golden Age Legionnaire for one.

Could be there is an internal fight. If you look closely in the Legion panel you will note something (absence or miscolouring?) than can explain the reason on why someone in editorial office would push for the Bendisboot.
    I think more will be revealed in the next issue of Green Arrow. The presence of that Parallax could explain a lot.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Could be there is an internal fight. If you look closely in the Legion panel you will note something (absence or miscolouring?) than can explain the reason on why someone in editorial office would push for the Bendisboot.
    I think more will be revealed in the next issue of Green Arrow. The presence of that Parallax could explain a lot.
    I genuinely don’t know what you’re referring to, unless you mean Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy being white again

To be honest I think like editorial telling Leah Williams she can do whatever with PG’s backstory, editorial has given up on coordinating with regards to the Legion and are just letting people do whatever.

Retroboot apparently showed up in JSA today (I dropped JSA after all the delays so I got this from Twitter):

Safe bet that if Johns doesn’t bail (again) that one of his “New Golden Age” books is a Legion book.
    That’s the Johns/Gary Frank LoS right?

I genuinely don’t know what you’re referring to, unless you mean Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy being white again
    If you look closely, you will notice than Lightning Lad isn't in that image. Not exactly In the image there is Invisible Kid 2 (Jacques Foccart). Look the design, zoom the image and forget the color. In black and white you would see Invisible Kid. He has no lightnings lines, but the black "V" of the costume of Jacques. Even the white strip of his hair can be identified. But he is colored like Lightning Lad.

What means that? Miscommunication in the artistic team? Conflicted orders from one office or the other? A simple mistake? For sure is clear than Jerry Ordway draw jacques, but the colorist colored Garth. Could mean nothing but is curious than it is precisely Lightning Lad the one "absent" in the page.

To be honest I think like editorial telling Leah Williams she can do whatever with PG’s backstory, editorial has given up on coordinating with regards to the Legion and are just letting people do whatever.
    Honest the whole Paige bussiness sounds more like something the editor would had "suggested" to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s the Johns/Gary Frank LoS right?
    Correct: