Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks more like Jade to me. Hair, GL ring, etc.
    Hm that’s possible. Not loving her redesign if so, all those lines feel New 52-esque. The cape makes me doubt it’s her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm that’s possible. Not loving her redesign if so, all those lines feel New 52-esque. The cape makes me doubt it’s her.
    The tattered cape makes it look like she's from some kind of dark future.

I think if she was a Super equivalent she wouldn't have a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, as hopefully he'd restore Superman's connection to them. Again.
    Who do you think would steal that connection in a few years? .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Legion is a fun concept with a great cast of characters and a cool setting, but I'm already a fan of it so you'd need someone who can capture that for a new audience.
    The concept is fine, and Legion has the benefit of being able to ignore whatever continuity DC has going on, the problem is that they haven't been using Legion well for a while, a good concept is not compensating for lousy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded of the Legion cartoon and it handled itself well by just focusing on a specific core group of characters while having some guest-stars each arc or so to introduce the rest of the organizations.
    That's basically the DCAU approach, simple enough, but it's much better for short and long term, which's makes it more surprising when they don't do this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, what? An ACTUAL teenager?
    Yep, I was baffled when I learned of that too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

I'm sure just this first brief look isn't enough to properly judge whatever Johns' LoSH will be like, but it already looks like he's replacing the mainly Superman connections of the Legion to mainly JSA connections. I'm sure connecting The Past and The Future like that could yield to some interesting stories... but I'm sorry, I just can't take that Green Lantern design seriously.

Johns had an interview a couple weeks ago where he talked about how important he thought it was that Clark had the Legion as his childhood friends, mainly in the context of him “bringing that back” for Doomsday Clock (New 52 Superman had a Legion but Johns couldn’t seem to have bothered actually reading Morrison’s Action run), no way will he be breaking that connection. This is just him trying to reestablish the importance of the JSA by showing they have legacy characters in the 31st century, and also I think it’s just a way for him to start building up to whatever plans he’s got for the Legion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Honestly I don't expect these characters to be that involved in the new Legion anyways.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its an interesting idea, never thought of it before.

The JSA are basically the first superheroes. While Superman is the singular greatest hero ever, those guys are the torchbearers where it all began. So the Legion are in a sense an evolution of an idea that began with them in the 1900s.

At this point I think that everyone has legacy characters in 31th century. I'm not really a fan of Legion in general, but making it less connected to Superman feels even worse. Yes, technically Superman is still connected to Legion, but now everyone is and this makes Superman's connection less special than it was before Crisis or for a time during Didio's reign.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Its an interesting idea, never thought of it before.

The JSA are basically the first superheroes. While Superman is the singular greatest hero ever, those guys are the torchbearers where it all began. So the Legion are in a sense an evolution of an idea that began with them in the 1900s.
    Isn't Diana the first superhero in the DCU? Or, do you mean in real life?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Isn't Diana the first superhero in the DCU? Or, do you mean in real life?
    Uh depends when she left the island I guess.

Like she was technically born first out of everyone but didn't become a superhero until after a lot of them.

So, Johns is pushing the JSA into the Legion of Superheroes? Why not just do a JSA in the future? Why stuff everyone into the Legion? Doesn't the Legion of Superheroes have enough characters that doesn't get little to no spotlight? Secondly, How are these so-called legacies surviving this long?

Uh depends when she left the island I guess.

Like she was technically born first out of everyone but didn't become a superhero until after a lot of them.
    No, I'm confident it was retconned she was the first.

Secondly, How are these so-called legacies surviving this long?
    Because everyone is as important as Superman.

Jeez, when did DC comics become about rebooting the reboot rather than telling stories about established characters in stories with a beginning, middle, and ending?

I love super hero comics but not sure what would motivate me to read a modern DC comic.

No, I'm confident it was retconned she was the first.
    Originally she was going to be the first as part of the 5G reboot, but they’ve waffled on that since. Right now it’s as unclear as the rest of DC continuity.