Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Could do that in the JSA miniseries.

I expect the Bendis Legion to be demoted and the 3boot not used at all, unless they all appear in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re tossing out pretty much everything Bendis did, just got revealed they’re re-establishing Clark’s secret identity again, I’m sure Johns will continue that via replacing the Bendis Legion with his Retroboot Legion. First will come a “War of the Four Legions” mini and that will end with the Retroboot restored.

I will believe it only when I see it published.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I will believe it only when I see it published.
    A good mindset to have when it comes to waiting for Johns to deliver on things he set up
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

A good mindset to have when it comes to waiting for Johns to deliver on things he set up
    A good mindset for everything in general. Also, at least, Johns delivers and when he told a six issue story, he told a six issue story and not a empty tale where four issues can be eliminated and the story would be exactly the same.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

They’re tossing out pretty much everything Bendis did, just got revealed they’re re-establishing Clark’s secret identity again, I’m sure Johns will continue that via replacing the Bendis Legion with his Retroboot Legion. First will come a “War of the Four Legions” mini and that will end with the Retroboot restored.
    Now I think about iit, I wonder what the war will be about: if will be the Legions against a common threat or the Legions fighting among themselves. Maybe against an evil Legion.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is also what I'm expecting. I can see Johns writing War of the Four Legions and reestablishing the Retroboot team but probably not committing to writing an ongoing Legion series afterwards, if an ongoing indeed follows. I don't know how busy he is these days on the movies/TV side but he has a Geiger show coming up where he'll be EP, showrunner and writer so I can't see Johns taking on much ongoing comics work. Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is also what I'm expecting. I can see Johns writing War of the Four Legions and reestablishing the Retroboot team but probably not committing to writing an ongoing Legion series afterwards, if an ongoing indeed follows. I don't know how busy he is these days on the movies/TV side but he has a Geiger show coming up where he'll be EP, showrunner and writer so I can't see Johns taking on much ongoing comics work. Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon...
    Hopefully. Anyway if other person outside Johns would be the one who writes a potential Legion series after a potential "Legion of four worlds" or "War of the Legions", at least I hope a writer who could follow his potential directions. But I would prefered if Johns handles a proper Legion series at least for one year. Johns never had had write a proper Legion series, even if he had the chance to write their destinies for a short term.

Hopefully. Anyway if other person outside Johns would be the one who writes a potential Legion series after a potential "Legion of four worlds" or "War of the Legions", at least I hope a writer who could follow his potential directions. But I would prefered if Johns handles a proper Legion series at least for one year. Johns never had had write a proper Legion series, even if he had the chance to write their destinies for a short term.
    Agreed, having Johns write an ongoing Legion book for at least a year would give it more of a commercial push and a fighting chance. Even the pretty high-profile combo of Bendis and Sook only managed to get about a year's worth of issues, although there were certainly other factors at play there.

But Johns already tried the approach of setting the table and then handing off the writing chores to someone else with Superman and the Legion so here's hoping he commits to directly writing more this time around.

Agreed, having Johns write an ongoing Legion book for at least a year would give it more of a commercial push and a fighting chance. Even the pretty high-profile combo of Bendis and Sook only managed to get about a year's worth of issues, although there were certainly other factors at play there.
    High profile combo than it was a big dissapointment. Do you noted than in all the time he was in charge Bendis only wrote tthree and half Legion stories? Johns, without having a proper Legion book wrote more in less time and in a better quality.

But Johns already tried the approach of setting the table and then handing off the writing chores to someone else with Superman and the Legion so here's hoping he commits to directly writing more this time around.
    That would be the ideal way. But definitely, avoid to give it to any previous writer, after Johns. Specialy, to authors like Giffen and Levitz, except for specials or anniversary issues.

AIPT: I think it’s also interesting that this “journey” comes at the end or so of Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is very much about the new age or era of heroes. Is this series at all a reaction to some of that?

GJ: We started talking with our editor, Andrew Marino, about The New Golden Age, I’d noted that Batman has a group of books and Superman has a group of books — and that’s all great. But back in the day, there was a group of books that was part of the bigger DC universe but also told stories all on their own.

And so the goal here was to create this new Golden Age, like there’s a sub-group of books, and JSA and Stargirl are just the first two. And there’s others that are coming, and the hope would be that these characters deserve their own little sub-universe. There’s a lot of different characters in here that can have series and mini-series, and so to curate and kind of figure out a new little corner, it felt like the right time, especially with the exposure the JSA has gotten between Stargirl and Black Adam. Hopefully more people will give the characters a chance.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/29/ju...ica-return-qa/

Hm looks like those other books are still in the works, even though Johns has other TV work coming. Time will tell if one of them is Legion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

That would be the ideal way. But definitely, avoid to give it to any previous writer, after Johns. Specialy, to authors like Giffen and Levitz, except for specials or anniversary issues.
    Amen! That last Legion series was a disaster and bringing in Giffen towards the end resulted in an absolute shambles! Maybe he they gotten Phil Jimenez as artist and co-writer -- he could have helped steer the book in a more exciting direction.

Hm looks like those other books are still in the works, even though Johns has other TV work coming. Time will tell if one of them is Legion.
    Those seems to be good news. But I still wait to see the official confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Amen! That last Legion series was a disaster and bringing in Giffen towards the end resulted in an absolute shambles! Maybe he they gotten Phil Jimenez as artist and co-writer -- he could have helped steer the book in a more exciting direction.
    Dunno, Jimenez has a good visual style in the line of Perez, but it can be narratively very excessive. He wants to tell too much in little space... He could handle visually a big cast, undoubtly. In that aspect, he is among the best. But he can make you lost with all the words he puts on the page, explaining everything. Storywise, he can have good ideas, but on the words, he can overload you.
    For sure than with Jimenez, visually would had been stunning. Maybe if someone else is doing the dialogues, it could work better with Jimenez.

I think Johns name-dropped the Legion a couple of times before so I have no doubt something is coming up with them. Definitely that War of the Legions story he alluded to in his comics. The real question for me is if he's writing it / if an ongoing follows and if so, who's writing it. Fingers crossed we'll find out early next year at the latest.

Those seems to be good news. But I still wait to see the official confirmation.

Dunno, Jimenez has a good visual style in the line of Perez, but it can be narratively very excessive. He wants to tell too much in little space... He could handle visually a big cast, undoubtly. In that aspect, he is among the best. But he can make you lost with all the words he puts on the page, explaining everything. Storywise, he can have good ideas, but on the words, he can overload you.
    For sure than with Jimenez, visually would had been stunning. Maybe if someone else is doing the dialogues, it could work better with Jimenez.
    I'll take Johns writing and Jiminez on co-writing and art, thanks very much

I'll take Johns writing and Jiminez on co-writing and art, thanks very much
    That is a combo I can support, if Johns is who leads.