Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i want to say i liked this issue and on some level i do but i am starting to see what people are saying about the villains being written as more capable and more well rounded than peter himself. two moments took me out of the story, Peter's desperation to get to osborn suit didn't feel like Peter to me and the flying scene. I didn't get it as peter has flown many times and he's not like 15. But the little moments and the dialogue and the villains were spot on. The art was just AMAZING, pun intended.
    Yeah, that was the one aspect of the issue that got to me. Spider-Man begging and seemingly on the verge of whining to Norman when Norman just explained that Spidey was the one who said to leave him alone. At that point, I expected Peter to say "I'm sorry, I was in the wrong, now Norman please help me." But no. He just keeps saying come help me, come help me. Where was the responsibility? Okay, Wells has had Peter go through some stuff so the responsibility isn't as strong as before. However, that felt off.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this issue. Vulture's motivation was understandable as was Norman's response about not wanting to use a glider. Plus, I like this suit which is a combination of Spider-Man and Green Goblin.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker working with Norman Osborn after all Norman's done to him. BS. Glad I dumped the book. Spider-Man is having a **** 60th Birthday.

Astonishing Member

Weird how in the span of a few years, Spider-Man went from being able to fight Morlun for several days to needing tech to take down the Vulture who has been around since Lee/Ditko.

It felt like a Wells contrivance just to make the Peter/Norman team up happen and to get Peter in the new suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Otherwise, I enjoyed this issue. Vulture's motivation was understandable as was Norman's response about not wanting to use a glider. Plus, I like this suit which is a combination of Spider-Man and Green Goblin.
    It just seems kind of tacky to me. Mixing Spidey and the Goblin given how much the Goblins have hurt Spidey, the glowing that doesn't really serve a purpose, and the clunky armor bits...

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Weird how in the span of a few years, Spider-Man went from being able to fight Morlun for several days to needing tech to take down the Vulture who has been around since Lee/Ditko.

It felt like a Wells contrivance just to make the Peter/Norman team up happen and to get Peter in the new suit.
    Oddly enough, I was reminded of Peter's first fight with Morlun, where he went to Ezekiel for help and was told he couldn't help him, but later on comes to the rescue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see the appeal/need for the new suit.
    That blue social media suit in Spencer's run seemed so dumb that I never read anything until it was gone. I wonder how similar that resolution will be compared to when this one goes away?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Later this year: Ox and Fancy Dan from the Enforcers break Spidey's back? He can't fight any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Later this year: Ox and Fancy Dan from the Enforcers break Spidey's back? He can't fight any more.
    Molten Man burns his hands...Spidey can't fight with his hands anymore!

Spectacular Member

This may not be She Hulk or Defenders Beyond, the best titles Marvel is publish right now, but it’s certainly better than the previous two runs and despite a slow start is promising for the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    it’s certainly better than the previous two runs.
    Entirely subjective, in my opinion it's not better than Spencer's run at it's best or worst at the moment.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 08-26-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

Even when he first encountered the Vulture Spider-Man needed technological help to defeat the Vulture, and in the last issue he came upon him after he had an encounter with Norman and he was angry and caught off guard. With Vulture looking to kill him he had him bouncing around and while planning to put a web on him he had his web shooters slashed, leaving him helpless. After saving himself he was able to cleverly lead the VUlture to the building where the new prototype was waiting for him. So, Peter Parker was pretty clever when given a chance, imo. Sometimes it seems like some of you can't bear to look at something new positively, and this goes to fans of both companies

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Even when he first encountered the Vulture Spider-Man needed technological help to defeat the Vulture, and in the last issue he came upon him after he had an encounter with Norman and he was angry and caught off guard. With Vulture looking to kill him he had him bouncing around and while planning to put a web on him he had his web shooters slashed, leaving him helpless. After saving himself he was able to cleverly lead the VUlture to the building where the new prototype was waiting for him. So, Peter Parker was pretty clever when given a chance, imo. Sometimes it seems like some of you can't bear to look at something new positively, and this goes to fans of both companies
    You do raise a fair point in your last sentence.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Personally I prefer Spidey winning through ingenuity and his own skills than through a less than stellar new costume courtesy of Norman Osborn.

Astonishing Member

I thought Spidey begging Norman for help was… not ideal. But besides that, I liked the issue enough. Vulture was on-point as the menace he should be (instead of a joke as some lazy writers make him out to be), and we got a flash of the real Norman when he crushed that phone which gives me hope “cleansed Norman” won’t be around too much longer.

Thank you for this post.