Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Wells gravitates toward villains and morally dark gray characters, so his heroes are mostly blank slates. He can only apparently write Peter if Peter is angry/sad, and Wells put Peter in a mystery box so he doesn't have to worry about diving into Peter's internal life (because if he does, the mystery box will be blown wide open as Peter should know full well what happened and why Peter is angry/sad). Wells can't write female characters who aren't villainous at all. All the other writers of Beyond managed to write a kick a$$, sympathetic and likeable MJ, only Wells fell down and wrote her OOC and as a "wring hands and worry" stereotype.

He's a technically proficient writer, far better than Slott, but he can't get out of his own way and write to the characters.
    Explains the Osborn as the only friend left angle

Vulture knows about the webshooters? Peter needs to fix them up with some anti-tampering tech from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Vulture knows about the webshooters? Peter needs to fix them up with some anti-tampering tech from now on.
    he slice them off unless web shooters are made with adamantium expect them to break honestly im more surprise that it doesnt break more often
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I know, but it seems Marvel's way to make money out of Spidey is by torturing him.
    So what your saying is that Peter is in an abusive relationship with Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So what your saying is that Peter is in an abusive relationship with Marvel?
    It's a way to describe it.

Otherwise, Marvel would cease being idiot and let the Spider-Marriage be restored and Peter have officially a kid.

Extraordinary Member

Otherwise, Marvel would cease being idiot and let the Spider-Marriage be restored and Peter have officially a kid.
    Don't forget a decent job.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he survived on his own nice
    Exactly. Nice to see Spider-Man figure out a problem on his own instead of needing some other hero save him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Don't forget a decent job[/B].
    I think if there was "one wish" I could have with Spider-Man, it'll be this.

Actually it'll be the complete removal of what we have all come to term as "Parker Luck" but don't think that will ever happen.

BANNED

Parker Luck doesn't even exist in most other comic continuations. It's a very recent invention that blights only 616.

Astonishing Member

Peter's been using that phrase in the comics for decades. He's been bemoaning how situations turn out for him since the beginning. It's not a new concept.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    Exactly. Nice to see Spider-Man figure out a problem on his own instead of needing some other hero save him.
    That could still come later in the issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Peter's been using that phrase in the comics for decades. He's been bemoaning how situations turn out for him since the beginning. It's not a new concept.
    The flanderisation of it is a new concept.

Peter or MJ used to always refer to it in a joking fashion, not in a karmic way, until post-OMD

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he slice them off unless web shooters are made with adamantium expect them to break honestly im more surprise that it doesnt break more often
    I expect Norman to show up a few pages later with the new costume and to mention that its web shooters can't be broken the way Toomes did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I expect Norman to show up a few pages later with the new costume and to mention that its web shooters can't be broken the way Toomes did.
    i agree plus the ability to fly is always nice to have. shame peter isnt really upgrading himself after a decade plus of fights
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Might as well make end his entire story and stop the spider-man franchise then XD.