Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thinking about Venomverse, this dumb line from Gwenpool where she basically calls Eddie the generic guy of the Venoms

She specifically refers to him as "sort of a plain Jane" and "the boring friend who gets invited to the party out of pity"
    I think she confused Eddie with Angelo Fortunato .

Really Gwen, you're gonna go there? Its not plain, the right term is classic, the perfect mix of sleekness and simplicity in design. Everyone else though looks fucking ridiculous.

I mean Rocket Raccoon Venom, its a stupid as Hell composite character like something Jason Aaron would come up with

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/p...ges/venroc.jpg

Or X-23 and Old Man Logan Venoms. Do you have any idea how redundant a concept that is? The symbiote already has claws and regen factor, the Wolverine's add nothing to the mix. And thats ignoring how flat-out hideous Logan Venom is.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/p..._man_venom.png
    Man I wonder how fucking long has Marvel been mixing up characters like this? Lol.

And of course Gwen herself is one to talk, she looks like an idiot.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/p...es/gwenven.jpg
    What is this costume of hers'? Her top half and legs are covered by the symbiote, but her tighs seem to be using normal clothing, and she has pouches, and something else to hold the swords.

She's wearing a fucking symbiote, why need additional clothing? Lol.

Either way, she's saying he's boring because he's not some weird gimmick, since he's just a "normal" Venom in a dumb story that has the Venom symbiote being used by a bunch of random super-powered people, she's just being a bitch and the reader isn't supposed to agree with her, specially since she said this as a "Poison", meaning she's one of the villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Man I wonder how fucking long has Marvel been mixing up characters like this? Lol.

What is this costume of hers'? Her top half and legs are covered by the symbiote, but her tighs seem to be using normal clothing, and she has pouches, and something else to hold the swords.

Either way, she's saying he's boring because he's not some weird gimmick, since he's just a "normal" Venom in a dumb story that has the Venom symbiote being used by a bunch of random super-powered people, she's just being a bitch and the reader isn't supposed to agree with her, specially since she said this as a "Poison", meaning she's one of the villains.
    Indeed she is intended to be in the wrong, its regardless still a really dumb thing to say when you think about it. Gwen is such a poser.

I'm reminded that Venomverse was originally intended to feature more symbiote characters according to Cullen Bunn and proven by early promotional material but executive influence changed it that it became all about composite characters because they wanted to repeat the success they found with Spider-Gwen.

So aside form Venom himself, Carnage was the only symbiote who appeared. Also meant that aside from an alternate Symbiote-Peter and as well a symbiote MJ from the Renew Your Vow universe were the only prior existing Venom characters to appear, the event comprising of mostly original characters. So no OG Venom 2099, Pork Grind from Spider-Ham's setting, Earth-X Venom, Mangaverse Venom, Poison from the What-If Other one-shot, or Dusk from the Spider-Girl universe.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It still shouldn't affect every symbiote ever, specially the ones who aren't part of the hivemind and were born not connected with it, plus Knull doesn't even mention a hive mind and just says "the weaker of my creations carry the scars of their progenitor's birth inside of them", doesn't say it's related to a hive mind.

Nor should symbiotes collectively have PTSD over that, it's just silly.

It gets worse when Knull says that back then, when he was making symbiotes, he said he wasn't that good yet, that by itself could be used to explain why the usual symbiote weak points are there, but the symbiote dragons lack 'em once Knull improved, but Cates just had to say it was some ancient PTSD lol.

I'd be more okay with it if Knull overall didn't feel as suffocating about what he was doing with symbiotes, or if he was an interesting character, but he wasn't either one, and he certainly looks worse when compared with TOBA in Immortal Hulk, since they both retcon stuff related to these characters by being the cosmic force behind them, but Knull is behind everything symbiote while TOBA is the explanation of the more supernatural angle Gamma radiation has, it felt like it expanded Gamma radiation stuff while Knull actively suffocated the symbiotes.

I don't know that much about Necrosword so I can't comment on how well the retcon works with Thor's stuff, I just find it silly that Knull is behind the usual symbiote weakness in such a goofy way.
    Fair enough.

Indeed she is intended to be in the wrong, its regardless still a really dumb thing to say when you think about it. Gwen is such a poser.

I'm reminded that Venomverse was originally intended to feature more symbiote characters according to Cullen Bunn and proven by early promotional material but executive influence changed it that it became all about composite characters because they wanted to repeat the success they found with Spider-Gwen.

So aside form Venom himself, Carnage was the only symbiote who appeared. Also meant that aside from an alternate Symbiote-Peter and as well a symbiote MJ from the Renew Your Vow universe were the only prior existing Venom characters to appear, the event comprising of mostly original characters. So no OG Venom 2099, Pork Grind from Spider-Ham's setting, Earth-X Venom, Mangaverse Venom, Poison from the What-If Other one-shot, or Dusk from the Spider-Girl universe.
    A real disappointment, to be frank. I'd have loved to see all those previous alternate Venom incarnations show up in Venomverse, and let's not forget Mayhem/April Parker from the MC2/Spider-Girl universe, given that she was a clone of Mayday/Spider-Girl spliced with the Venom symbiote. Could have had some interesting interactions with Earth X Venom, as well as with VenoMJ/Spinneret from Renew Your Vows.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

I'm reminded that Venomverse was originally intended to feature more symbiote characters according to Cullen Bunn and proven by early promotional material but executive influence changed it that it became all about composite characters because they wanted to repeat the success they found with Spider-Gwen.So aside form Venom himself, Carnage was the only symbiote who appeared. Also meant that aside from an alternate Symbiote-Peter and as well a symbiote MJ from the Renew Your Vow universe were the only prior existing Venom characters to appear, the event comprising of mostly original characters.

So no OG Venom 2099, Pork Grind from Spider-Ham's setting, Earth-X Venom, Mangaverse Venom, Poison from the What-If Other one-shot, or Dusk from the Spider-Girl universe.
    A real disappointment, to be frank. I'd have loved to see all those previous alternate Venom incarnations show up in Venomverse, and let's not forget Mayhem/April Parker from the MC2/Spider-Girl universe, given that she was a clone of Mayday/Spider-Girl spliced with the Venom symbiote. Could have had some interesting interactions with Earth X Venom, as well as with VenoMJ/Spinneret from Renew Your Vows.
    I concur. Total missed opportunity. Earth X Venom has so much potential, and needs to be given a chance (IMHO):

Its really missed potential when you realize bringing in characters of actual substance would have been a genuine celebration of Venom as a character than just slapping symbiotes onto random characters.

Like it all could have tied and connected to Eddie that could have focused on interesting themes of redemption and trying to do better. As Eddie would have to grapple with the fact that a lot of his alternate universe versions are genuinely evil and vile people, and this could also be felt if he encountered characters like Earth-X Venom or VenoMJ.

While I'm not sure the status of Eddie in the Earth-X or Mayday universes, keep in mind that Eddie in the RNYV universe was killed by Peter as a last straw for going after his family. How would MJ react to meeting Eddie, and how would Eddie react with the knowledge that this is what he's like across the multiverse, interacting with characters like Peter's children who regard him with fear, hatred, and abhorrence?

Or recent addition like Spider's Shadow Venom. Imagine a universe where Peter never managed to separate from the symbiote and come to his senses, so he remained an increasingly violent and mad vigilante. The potential of Eddie meeting a Peter who fell so low due to the symbiote and wanting to save him as the ultimate sign of how much he has changed as a person.

And thats just Eddie of course, there's also potential with Flash, Andi, and just generally the various actual established symbiote users.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-27-2022 at 03:46 AM.

Its really missed potential when you realize bringing in characters of actual substance would have been a genuine celebration of Venom as a character than just slapping symbiotes onto random characters.

Like it all could have tied and connected to Eddie that could have focused on interesting themes of redemption and trying to do better. As Eddie would have to grapple with the fact that a lot of his alternate universe versions are genuinely evil and vile people, and this could also be felt if he encountered characters like Earth-X Venom or VenoMJ.

While I'm not sure the status of Eddie in the Earth-X or Mayday universes, keep in mind that Eddie in the RNYV universe was killed by Peter as a last straw for going after his family. How would MJ react to meeting Eddie, and how would Eddie react with the knowledge that this is what he's like across the multiverse, interacting with characters like Peter's children who regard him with fear, hatred, and abhorrence?

Or recent addition like Spider's Shadow Venom. Imagine a universe where Peter never managed to separate from the symbiote and come to his senses, so he remained an increasingly violent and mad vigilante. The potential of Eddie meeting a Peter who fell so low due to the symbiote and wanting to save him as the ultimate sign of how much he has changed as a person.

And thats just Eddie of course, there's also potential with Flash, Andi, and just generally the various actual established symbiote users.
    Oh, definitely. To be somewhat fair, Venomverse's first issue had VenoMJ/Spinneret and Symbiote Spider-Man openly distrusting Eddie because of what his counterparts in their universes did to them, with Symbiote Spider-Man having apparently taken the symbiote back after a particularly nasty battle, the implication being that his world's Eddie crossed some major lines, and for VenoMJ, what you mentioned before about Eddie's death in Renew Your Vows. Shame there wasn't much follow-up on that after Symbiote Spider-Man got turned by the Poisons.

Mighty Member

Hmm maybe meridius,bedlam,and the other kings in black are just variants of Eddie brock

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Hmm maybe meridius,bedlam,and the other kings in black are just variants of Eddie brock
    Could be . . .

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=181082097

Okay so we got confirmation that not only will Venom be involved in the Dark Web crossover but he will be on the antagonist side alongside Ben and Madeylne

And its Eddie Brock specifically so one wonders whats going on with Dylan

Also I checked and it turns out that due to the delays Venom will be shipped twice-monthly in October to catch up and line up issue 14 for the December release, with October getting issues 11 & 12

Man I was wondering when issue 10 was gonna come out. You never notice delays until you realize "Wait shouldn't this be out already?"

Astonishing Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=181082097

Okay so we got confirmation that not only will Venom be involved in the Dark Web crossover but he will be on the antagonist side alongside Ben and Madeylne
    Against his will, I reckon

Unwittingly turned into a slathering and terrifying monster you might recognize

Mighty Member

Just saw venom 10 plot twist was good

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Impressive turn of events in new issue.
    I prefer the Ewing written Eddie-centric stories at the minute, though. Still not warmed up to anything Dylan related.

Oooof so Eddie is trapped in a cycle of insanity due to his newfound Godhood. Hopefully he and Dylan can break the cycle cause its looking pretty hopeless.

Also haven't read it yet, but Dylan also appears in this weeks Ms. Marvel: Venom issue doing his first official team-up with Kamala. Which is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    You were right.

Oooof so Eddie is trapped in a cycle of insanity due to his newfound Godhood. Hopefully he and Dylan can break the cycle cause its looking pretty hopeless.

Also haven't read it yet, but Dylan also appears in this weeks Ms. Marvel: Venom issue doing his first official team-up with Kamala. Which is pretty cool.
    Yeah, it was, at least by my standards.

Mighty Member

According intro the preview solictions
    Something happened with Dylan and the seventh venom which is hand from free comic book day