Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Thor 28 is out turns out Eddie was meridius in disguise

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh now that I think about it, furthering a Venomverse story centering on an ultimate battle of destiny between Eddie/Venom and Peter/Venom, why not go all the way and have Spider's Shadow Venom also be a King in Black and create his own version of Meridus

A universe where a version of Spider's Shadow didn't end with Peter separating from the symbiote, and eventually encountered and defeated Knull becoming a KIB. You can maybe do a thing where Eddie and Peter are prolly the only Venom's in the multiverse to successfully ascend Knull.

Got all this from a concept image I thought of Venom and Spider's Shadow Venom getting in a versus pose staring at each other while Gargan Venom is in the back looking at the 2 about to come to blows with a ****-eating grin. With obvious contrast on Venom's snarling maw and Spider's Shadow Venom's more understand spider face look.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Thor 28 is out turns out Eddie was meridius in disguise
    Well, s***. That explains a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh now that I think about it, furthering a Venomverse story centering on an ultimate battle of destiny between Eddie/Venom and Peter/Venom, why not go all the way and have Spider's Shadow Venom also be a King in Black and create his own version of Meridus

A universe where a version of Spider's Shadow didn't end with Peter separating from the symbiote, and eventually encountered and defeated Knull becoming a KIB. You can maybe do a thing where Eddie and Peter are prolly the only Venom's in the multiverse to successfully ascend Knull.

Got all this from a concept image I thought of Venom and Spider's Shadow Venom getting in a versus pose staring at each other while Gargan Venom is in the back looking at the 2 about to come to blows with a ****-eating grin. With obvious contrast on Venom's snarling maw and Spider's Shadow Venom's more understand spider face look.
    Sounds good to me. And speaking of Spider's Shadow Venom ascending to King in Black and then spinning off his own version of Meridius, kind of reminds me of future Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Edge of Time turning out to be the Alchemax CEO in 2099 and the true villain of the story.

Thanks for sharing. This is definitely going to be brutal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Did marvel do anything with venom when the films came out and any of the characters in them in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Did marvel do anything with venom when the films came out and any of the characters in them in the comics?
    I don't think so, but Venom did have an ongoing written by Donny Cates and Dylan Brock, who is now Venom himself, turned out to be Ann Weying's son with Eddie by way of the Venom symbiote surreptitiously impregnating her with Eddie's DNA when she was bonded with it as She-Venom in the 90s comics. However, the Life Foundation and Carlton Drake made their big return in the current Venom ongoing, so maybe . . .

We haven't really done any direct synergy with the Venom movies I think. Though I think we're getting best possible benefits we can from the films.

They aren't the best movies but they are successful and thus the Venom brand benefits from their success. If the movies were to bomb Marvel would prolly take it out on the comics in some way. So the movies doing well eases any possible culling with the character and helps with character expansion.

The fact we aren't suffering from any forced synergy is a boon. The Venom writers have a freedom to do what they want with the character unlike say the Guardians of the Galaxy where their movies success has unfortunately locked them into copycat advertising for the films at times.

Mighty Member

Venom 12 is out now

I love spoilers:
    Sleeper beating Carson's ass like it was nothing.

Especially since Carson up to this point hasn't lost a fight yet so it was a great humbling moment for the smug bastard seeing Sleeper nullify everything he threw at him
    end of spoilers

Venom 12 is out now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I love spoilers:
    Sleeper beating Carson's ass like it was nothing.

Especially since Carson up to this point hasn't lost a fight yet so it was a great humbling moment for the smug bastard seeing Sleeper nullify everything he threw at him
    end of spoilers
    Indeed. That was very cathartic, but I could see him coming back even more dangerous. As for that ending . . .

Spectacular Member

So I’m assuming that he has his powers back?

Mighty Member

Next issue is the start of dark web

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    So I’m assuming that he has his powers back?
    Probably.

Next issue is the start of dark web
    Actually, we still have issue 13 to resolve this current arc of Venom before the Dark Web tie-ins begin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably.

Actually, we still have issue 13 to resolve this current arc of Venom before the Dark Web tie-ins begin.
    Oh right venomworld