Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Carnage appreciation thread 2022

Here is some appreciation of carnage one of spider-man’s vicious enemies and offspring of venom

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds good. What do you think of the Carnage symbiote's quest to become the "King in Red," basically the Symbiote Anti-God to Eddie Brock's King in Black, the new Symbiote God? And how do you think Cletus Kasady's remnants will mess with that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds good. What do you think of the Carnage symbiote's quest to become the "King in Red," basically the Symbiote Anti-God to Eddie Brock's King in Black, the new Symbiote God? And how do you think Cletus Kasady's remnants will mess with that?
    I think it is a pretty neat idea but strange that Cletus and carnage parted ways with each other wonder what ram is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I think it is a pretty neat idea but strange that Cletus and carnage parted ways with each other wonder what ram is doing?
    We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Apparently Cletus and Carnage's sudden separation was an editorial screw up.

While Ram V was working on the script for Carnage, he was unaware of the specific details of Extreme Carnage's ending and wound up making assumptions on how it would end with editorial doing nothing to correct the continuity errors.

Leading Ram to accidentally flub the continuity, and from what I hear a similar thing happened over on Venom too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

While Ram V was working on the script for Carnage, he was unaware of the specific details of Extreme Carnage's ending and wound up making assumptions on how it would end with editorial doing nothing to correct the continuity errors.

Leading Ram to accidentally flub the continuity, and from what I hear a similar thing happened over on Venom too.
    Well, that's lame, though I'd pin more blame on editorial. Still an interesting tale being spun, albeit an inconsistent one for now.

upcoming authors gotta know what going on in the previous run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

V did of course write up the scenes showing why Cletus and Carnage separated and over in Venom why Sleeper isn't bonded to that friend of Flash from the end of Extreme Carnage.

But he hasn't actually gotten to showing those points yet and yeah it doesn't really change the continuity errors. Venom in particular suffered from this a bit hard since the start of the current run doesn't gel with how the last run ended, mostly in how it treats Dylan and Venom as never having bonded before despite Cates final issues showing the 2 formally becoming Venom with Eddie's blessing.

Well it goes to show you to always keep continuity in mind.

Mighty Member

Carnage 6-9 is gonna be malekith vs carnage

Carnage 6-9 is gonna be malekith vs carnage
    That's gonna be a fun one.

Its gonna be Carnage on a mythic scale

Its gonna be Carnage on a mythic scale
    Indeed, it will be.

Mighty Member

I like how carnage is having the time of his life aside from being separated from Cletus again while venom and Eddie go through a time loop of suffering with Dylan being hurt

I like how carnage is having the time of his life aside from being separated from Cletus again while venom and Eddie go through a time loop of suffering with Dylan being hurt
    Yeah, and aren't they both being written (or cowritten) by Ram V?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, and aren't they both being written (or cowritten) by Ram V?
    Ram v is the sole writer of the current carnage series he only conwrites with ewing for venom’s current series