Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A few thoughts:

• I am honestly shocked we're finally seeing the Silvestri Batman project that was first teased by Bleeding Cool all the way back in 2014. I had also completely forgotten that DC actually announced it at SDCC back in 2018.
    • Glad to see the JSA back and I think Johns will tell a solid story but man I wish we had a new voice on this book.
    • Similar to the above I hope Johns is not writing the LoSH that is being teased in The New Golden Age one-shot solicit
    • I hope the Blue Beetle mini does well, it may encourage DC to release the other round robin runners up in some form or another.
    • I'm not a huge Wildstorm fan but I hope the new books do well, the entire DC slate could do with some diversity in terms of ideas.
    • I am very interested in the Waller vs. Wildstorm series given Ackerman's day job as a national security reporter.
    • What do people is more likely, the John Stewart one-shot serving as a spring board to another series by Thorne? Or it wrapping up his run?
    • Dark Crisis continues to be a series I am neither excited for nor am I dying for it to end - it's just kind of there.
    • Bitewing: Year One should be a miniseries.
    • Nice to see our streak of Nubia content continue.
    • Has Michael Cho done interiors before? Looking forward to his story in Urban Legends.
    • Honestly shocked that Deathstroke Inc. is continuing to survive.
    • Jace vs. Sinestro is a very off match up.
    • With Multiversity: Teen Justice wrapping up I hope that 1) this isn't the last we see these characters and 2) to see more books with the Multiversity branding.
    • Did not realize that The New Champion of Shazam mini was only 4 issues - hopefully we see more from this creative team.
    • Covers I like:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And here's CBR's version of the November solicitations:https://www.cbr.com/dc-november-soli...-races-finale/

CBR, fix this please.
    DARK CRISIS: YOUNG JUSTICE #6
    Written by SIMON SPURRIER and MEGHAN FITZMARTIN
    Art by RYAN SOOK, DAN JURGENS, and NORM RAPMUND
    Cover by RYAN SOOK
    Variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    1:25 variant cover by ARIEL COLON
    1:50 foil variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    $4.99 | 40 pages | One-shot (all covers are card stock)
    ON SALE 11/15/22
    When Pariah and his forces of the Great Darkness laid waste to the most powerful superheroes of all time, all hope was lost… until now. To power his weapons of war, Pariah has captured each member of the Justice League and trapped them on worlds suited to their every dream and desire…while the planets themselves slowly eat away at their respective inhabitants. Batman is stuck in a loop wherein the greatest detective must solve the mystery of his own existence! Plus, unravel the secrets of Zatanna's world in this final epic chapter of the WORLDS WITHOUT A JUSTICE LEAGUE saga!
    That's the wrong solicit - it's the solicit for Worlds Without a Justice League: Batman. GamesRadar's version is correct.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not a lot interesting going on this month, quite frankly.
    What exactly are you looking for with DC?

I was rather hoping that with some time off Johns would come back somewhat freshened up. But Mime and Marrionette? He's still not over his Watchmen-in-DC fascination?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-20-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was rather hoping that with some time off Johns would come back somewhat freshened up. But Mime and Marrionette? He's still not over his Watchmen-in-DC fascination?
    It seems you were expecting a lot from Johns . . .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    It's interesting the facsimile offerings are increasing, plus Superman #75 (which might as well be another facsimile edition). My preference is for DC to stick with normal sized Silver and Bronze Age books at $4 rather than fat Golden Age books at $7.
    I'm hoping facsimiles continue. Would love to see more reprints of 80 Page Giants and the 100 Page Super Spectacular.

==jthree

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, I haven't been this excited by DC books in literally years. There's still a shit ton of Batman but there's thankfully a wider variety.

The return of the JSA, a new Blue Beetle mini series, the New Golden Age, Stargirl and the forgotten Golden Age sidekicks, WildCATs, Waller vs Stormwatch!

DC has seemingly been in neutral since Doomsday Clock. So it's great to see the return of classic characters and some change in direction.
    I didn't even realize that Waller vs. Stormwatch was something that I wanted. And yet, now that's it's here....

I'm also all over WILDC.A.T.s, Blue Beetle, Sgt. Rock, and the Nubia & The Justice League special.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-20-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If there’s one thing Johns is going to do it’s make sure he pushes the stuff that nets him royalties lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Look, Taylor, just, do slice of life okay. It's clear that you're better at that. I mean when the new villain that's been teased since the beginning get overshadowed by freaking Bitewing Year One...

I am so not interested in Heartless. I used to be interested, but it's just gone now. Bitewing Year One on the other hand is something I'll actually buy, and Nite-Mite is adorable too.

It's clear that you excel in cute so just do cute. Forget the villains. Nightwing has the whole Batfam and Titans on his back no one in Bludhaven is a threat anyway.

So just do a Nightwing Family Adventure. You're already 75% there.
    He actually admitted that he wanted to do a Clark Kent story. So knowing that, he is writing Dick alot like how he would write Clark Kent. So maybe not a slice of life story, but instead a Clark Kent superfamily story?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If there’s one thing Johns is going to do it’s make sure he pushes the stuff that nets him royalties lol
    Is this what this is about then.

Everyone has been complaining that the DCU has been crowded out by Batman titles.....we finally get some diversity, and it's the Geoff Johns and Jim Lee show.

Geoff Johns:

New Golden Age /JSA & Legion (God help us if it is Bendis's Legion)
    JSA
    Stargirl (JSA related; Geoff Johns baby)

Jim Lee creations:

WILDCATS (Created by Jim Lee)
    Waller vs Wildstorm (The latter created by Jim Lee)
    Wildstorm 30th anniversary (Created by Jim Lee)
    Grifter go run over by a reindeer (Created by Jim Lee)

I realize some of these are one shots, but ....

How about one of each of those and well I don't know....

Firestorm, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Birds of Prey, Red Tornado, Hawkman, The Atom, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Zatanna, Dr. Fate, The Phantom Stranger, The Specter, Black Lighting, Vixen, Booster Gold, Plastic Man, Outsiders, Infinity Inc, Doom Patrol, Global Guardians, Freedom Fighters, Omega Men, Metal Men, Constantine, The Demon, Deadman, El Diablo, The Creeper, STEEL, Arsenal, Cyborg, Captain Atom, The Question, Peacemaker, Bronze Tiger, Sandman, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Jonah Hex, Enlongated Man, Huntress, Power Girl, Vigilante. (Or a Legion or Titans that has not been....let's be kind....tampered with)

Now I don't care about half the heroes on this list, but.....a lot of people have been patiently waiting for a long time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Is this what this is about then.

Everyone has been complaining that the DCU has been crowded out by Batman titles.....we finally get some diversity, and it's the Geoff Johns and Jim Lee show.

Geoff Johns:

New Golden Age /JSA & Legion (God help us if it is Bendis's Legion)
    JSA
    Stargirl (JSA related; Geoff Johns baby)

Jim Lee creations:

WILDCATS (Created by Jim Lee)
    Waller vs Wildstorm (The latter created by Jim Lee)
    Wildstorm 30th anniversary (Created by Jim Lee)
    Grifter go run over by a reindeer (Created by Jim Lee)

I realize some of these are one shots, but ....

How about one of each of those and well I don't know....

Firestorm, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Birds of Prey, Red Tornado, Hawkman, The Atom, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Zatanna, Dr. Fate, The Phantom Stranger, The Specter, Black Lighting, Vixen, Booster Gold, Plastic Man, Outsiders, Infinity Inc, Doom Patrol, Global Guardians, Freedom Fighters, Omega Men, Metal Men, Constantine, The Demon, Deadman, El Diablo, The Creeper, STEEL, Arsenal, Cyborg, Captain Atom, The Question, Peacemaker, Bronze Tiger, Sandman, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Jonah Hex, Enlongated Man, Huntress, Power Girl, Vigilante. (Or a Legion or Titans that has not been....let's be kind....tampered with)

Now I don't care about half the heroes on this list, but.....a lot of people have been patiently waiting for a long time.
    I mean, there is also Sgt. Rock, Human Target, Static, Black Adam, and Mary Marvel titles coming out, among others. Also, aren't Hawkman and Dr. Fate both in the Justice Society?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    I'm hoping facsimiles continue. Would love to see more reprints of 80 Page Giants and the 100 Page Super Spectacular.

==jthree
    I'd be fine paying more for those kinds of extra sized reprints. Just not the old Action or Detective anthologies where you have one famous story along with a bunch of other uninteresting, unrelated stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I mean, there is also Sgt. Rock, Human Target, Static, Black Adam, and Mary Marvel titles coming out, among others. Also, aren't Hawkman and Dr. Fate both in the Justice Society?
    Historically yes, not so much in the modern sense, though I listed Sandman & Power Girl as well.....I just pretty much rolled my eyes when I saw Stargirl again.

I found it annoying to see 4 titles that are all Jim Lee creations when so many popular heroes have been shelved for so long.

Whatever, it's one month. I'm over it.

I know DC nowadays are FAR from perfect, but can we at least acknowledge the huge improvement that having the JSA back and new non-Batman ongoings announced is?
    For once DC’s solicits seem to offer a little more variety, yet people can only focus on the negatives.

I for one am very excited about JSA, Stargirl, Black Adam, Green Lantern (even if it does look like they’re only wrapping up loose threads), Nubia etc.
    Can’t wait for the Legion announcement.