Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I know DC nowadays are FAR from perfect, but can we at least acknowledge the huge improvement that having the JSA back and new non-Batman ongoings announced is?
    For once DC’s solicits seem to offer a little more variety, yet people can only focus on the negatives.
    It is not like this is a new development. As far as I remember we always had people complaining about their favorite character not having a book or someone getting too many books or too many chances. Only real difference in last year was that we had a bit more complaints due to there being less diversity than usual.

Extraordinary Member

I know DC nowadays are FAR from perfect, but can we at least acknowledge the huge improvement that having the JSA back and new non-Batman ongoings announced is?
    For once DC’s solicits seem to offer a little more variety, yet people can only focus on the negatives.

I for one am very excited about JSA, Stargirl, Black Adam, Green Lantern (even if it does look like they’re only wrapping up loose threads), Nubia etc.
    Can’t wait for the Legion announcement.
    Only becuase of the movies

If the sales don’t reflect expect a quick return

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was rather hoping that with some time off Johns would come back somewhat freshened up. But Mime and Marrionette? He's still not over his Watchmen-in-DC fascination?
    I mean, those are his original characters and no one else seemed to care to use them, so it's understandable..

Well, announcing them is good, but what will the end products be like?

I for one am very excited about JSA, Stargirl, Black Adam, Green Lantern (even if it does look like they’re only wrapping up loose threads), Nubia etc.
    Can’t wait for the Legion announcement.
    Well, if people are negative, it's probably because they're bummed out that they don't see anything that really excites them, I'm glad you have though.

Legion announcement? Are they finally flushing Bendis's turd of a reboot down the toilet?

Now that is something to get excited about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, those are his original characters and no one else seemed to care to use them, so it's understandable..
    I have no problem with him using them, but the connection between the worlds just didn't work. If he wants to continue writing within the Watchmen world I just wish he'd pitch something within there and stop trying to connect it to the DCU.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Historically yes, not so much in the modern sense, though I listed Sandman & Power Girl as well.....I just pretty much rolled my eyes when I saw Stargirl again.

I found it annoying to see 4 titles that are all Jim Lee creations when so many popular heroes have been shelved for so long.

Whatever, it's one month. I'm over it.
    Dude, honestly, it just seems like you are looking for something to be upset over. And I think the fact that Dr. Fate's helmet and Hawkman are literally on the JSA cover is a sign that they're probably gonna be in the book.

And what is wrong with Stargirl? She's actually a really strong character. And it's nice to see a non-Batman family character getting a push from DC, regardless of who created her.

And, again, there's actually a few here that are not Jim Lee/Geoff Johns creations, unless they also secretly created Static and Sgt. Rock.

Well, if people are negative, it's probably because they're bummed out that they don't see anything that really excites them, I'm glad you have though.

Legion announcement? Are they finally flushing Bendis's turd of a reboot down the toilet?

Now that is something to get excited about!!!
    Uhm, did you read the solicits you were complaining about?
    The New Golden Age one hints at a Legion return and Johns has also been teasing a new LOSH book in Flashpoint Beyond.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if their book gets announced for December.

So, it looks like post-Dark Crisis starts in November with some new launches.
    Finally a new JSA ongoing!
    And Legion is just around the corner!!

Things are starting to look up.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Uhm, did you read the solicits you were complaining about?
    The New Golden Age one hints at a Legion return and Johns has also been teasing a new LOSH book in Flashpoint Beyond.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if their book gets announced for December.
    Well my good Factor that is excellent news indeed.

I wasn't complaining about the solicits specifically, but just rather that Jim Lee characters (4 titles for Nov) & the JSA (3 titles for Nov) seemed to be hogging all the DCU space.....That was my complaint.

I am very happy that we are finally getting a JSA title, but I have concerns that my favourites outside of Allan Scott may be sidelined from the team.

Otherwise there is some okay stuff for fans. I'm happy for Jamie Reyes fans, but as I'm a Ted Kord fan it doesn't do much for me. John Stewart isn't my first choice for GL, but I like him enough that I will probably give Gregory Thorne another go. Hopefully the title takes a supernatural turn with his new powers.

Well my good Factor that is excellent news indeed.

I wasn't complaining about the solicits specifically, but just rather that Jim Lee characters (4 titles for Nov) & the JSA (3 titles for Nov) seemed to be hogging all the DCU space.....That was my complaint.

I am very happy that we are finally getting a JSA title, but I have concerns that my favourites outside of Allan Scott may be sidelined from the team.

Otherwise there is some okay stuff for fans. I'm happy for Jamie Reyes fans, but as I'm a Ted Kord fan it doesn't do much for me. John Stewart isn't my first choice for GL, but I like him enough that I will probably give Gregory Thorne another go. Hopefully the title takes a supernatural turn with his new powers.
    About the Jim Lee thing, I think the push for his own concepts is way more subdued than it was during the New 52.
    Plus I don’t expect there to be that much more new comics about them.
    I mean, WildC.A.T.S. used to be pretty popular, so I can’t fault DC for giving them another try, even if I dislike their choice of writer.
    And the Waller vs. Wildstorm mini is unexpected but at least it’s something different. It actually looks to have major Ostrander Suicide Squad vibes, which is pretty damn great.

The Blue Beetle mini does look good. I’m excited about that. And I get what you mean about Kord, but he did just finish his own limited series alongside Booster Gold, so it’s not like he’s been in limbo.

I really do hope DC can rebuild the GL franchise again. Their cosmic side could use a bit more focus.
    I’d also really love if they replaced Bendis’s uninspired United Order with Vril Dox’s L.E.G.I.O.N. as the United Planet’s agents.

. . . I wasn't complaining about the solicits specifically, but just rather that Jim Lee characters (4 titles for Nov) & the JSA (3 titles for Nov) seemed to be hogging all the DCU space.....That was my complaint.
    I thought the JSA-related solicitations were for a one-shot special that leads into the JSA on-going series, plus a six-issue series with Stargirl that (finally!) follows up on the one-shot Stargirl Spring Break Special from a year-and-a-half ago?

How is that contributing to "hogging all the DCU space"? Don't Batman and even Superman get all that attention EVERY MONTH?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought the JSA-related solicitations were for a one-shot special that leads into the JSA on-going series, plus a six-issue series with Stargirl that (finally!) follows up on the one-shot Stargirl Spring Break Special from a year-and-a-half ago?

How is that contributing to "hogging all the DCU space"? Don't Batman and even Superman get all that attention EVERY MONTH?
    It’s all good Major. Sometimes I like to go in a keyboard a blazing to spice thing up.

It was more of the optics that bothered me. We’ve been starved of anything else but the Trinity for quite a while (Mostly Batman) and then when we finally get something different it's the Jim Lee, Geoff Johns show. (The two bigwigs at DC)

Otherwise I’m excited that they are finally putting out a new JSA, but I’ve been a bit put off that Pieter Cross may not be on the team, Ted Grant may take a back seat, and as of yet....there is no Sandman....I buy super hero team comics to see my favourites on a team, so.....we will just have to wait and see.

About the Jim Lee thing, I think the push for his own concepts is way more subdued than it was during the New 52.
    Plus I don’t expect there to be that much more new comics about them.
    I mean, WildC.A.T.S. used to be pretty popular, so I can’t fault DC for giving them another try, even if I dislike their choice of writer.
    And the Waller vs. Wildstorm mini is unexpected but at least it’s something different. It actually looks to have major Ostrander Suicide Squad vibes, which is pretty damn great.

The Blue Beetle mini does look good. I’m excited about that. And I get what you mean about Kord, but he did just finish his own limited series alongside Booster Gold, so it’s not like he’s been in limbo.

I really do hope DC can rebuild the GL franchise again. Their cosmic side could use a bit more focus.
    I’d also really love if they replaced Bendis’s uninspired United Order with Vril Dox’s L.E.G.I.O.N. as the United Planet’s agents.
    Good ole Vril Dox, I like that idea, he’s always been an interesting character.

My only complaint about the Blue Beetle issue is that Jamie Reyes is still in high school. The character has been around a while now, so you think they would advance him in age bit.
    (Even though I have my favourite Blue Beetle and GL, I think DC should just go with the character that sells the most comics provided they're given decent writers)

I’m good with the Jim Lee titles now, I don’t mind Mathew Rosenberg, his Hawkeye wasn’t great, but he’s been co- writing DC vs Vampires with Tynion, and I’ve really enjoyed it. I haven’t read anything else by him yet though.

We’ve been starved of anything else but the Trinity for quite a while (Mostly Batman) and then when we finally get something different it's the Jim Lee, Geoff Johns show. (The two bigwigs at DC)
    It's a double-edged sword based on the market. If you want non-trinity characters you're going to have to have a Jim Lee or Geoff Johns on it or it probably won't sell.

At this point the only person I'm seeing able to take non A-list characters and have them sell is Tom King based off the success of books like Mister Miracle and Strange Adventures. But those are always extremely divisive outside of his fanbase.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

It’s all good Major. Sometimes I like to go in a keyboard a blazing to spice thing up.

It was more of the optics that bothered me. We’ve been starved of anything else but the Trinity for quite a while (Mostly Batman) and then when we finally get something different it's the Jim Lee, Geoff Johns show. (The two bigwigs at DC)

Otherwise I’m excited that they are finally putting out a new JSA, but I’ve been a bit put off that Pieter Cross may not be on the team, Ted Grant may take a back seat, and as of yet....there is no Sandman....I buy super hero team comics to see my favourites on a team, so.....we will just have to wait and see.

Good ole Vril Dox, I like that idea, he’s always been an interesting character.

My only complaint about the Blue Beetle issue is that Jamie Reyes is still in high school. The character has been around a while now, so you think they would advance him in age bit.
    (Even though I have my favourite Blue Beetle and GL, I think DC should just go with the character that sells the most comics provided they're given decent writers)

I’m good with the Jim Lee titles now, I don’t mind Mathew Rosenberg, his Hawkeye wasn’t great, but he’s been co- writing DC vs Vampires with Tynion, and I’ve really enjoyed it. I haven’t read anything else by him yet though.
    I love the fact that Jaime is heading to college. It's a nice he's being allowed to grow up a bit. He'll still be the younger hero but not the rookie high school kid.

Maybe he'll eventually get into dental school