Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, announcing them is good, but what will the end products be like?
    You have to have some hope.
    Otherwise, everything's just doomed to fail before even seeing print.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You have to have some hope.
    Otherwise, everything's just doomed to fail before even seeing print.
    Hope died after DC Universe: Rebirth was suppose to bring it back to DC Comics.

There is a few books that look good but A lot that I am unenthusiastic for.
    Last edited by KC; 08-22-2022 at 01:44 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's a double-edged sword based on the market. If you want non-trinity characters you're going to have to have a Jim Lee or Geoff Johns on it or it probably won't sell.

At this point the only person I'm seeing able to take non A-list characters and have them sell is Tom King based off the success of books like Mister Miracle and Strange Adventures. But those are always extremely divisive outside of his fanbase.
    I don't agree with that. There have been non trinity titles that have done well without Geoff Johns (Jim Lee isn't writing the WILDCAT stuff, he just created them)

Take in mind that a lot of the trinity stuff doesn't sell either. Superman has been slumping for decades now, and Wonder Woman has never been a big sales draw comic wise.

Hopefully they let Chip Zdarsky, Ram V, Williamson, Kennedy Johnson, Jeremy Adams continue to, or allow them to pick writing titles outside the top 6. A good writer and the fans will come, a bad writer and they won't

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love the fact that Jaime is heading to college. It's a nice he's being allowed to grow up a bit. He'll still be the younger hero but not the rookie high school kid.

Maybe he'll eventually get into dental school

As long as they don't turn him into a Peter Parker clone it's all good. I think it would be cool if he got an ongoing and they began to develop a rogues gallery for him.

It's too bad that Jaime missed meeting the original Ronnie Raymond/Martin Stein Firestorm. They could've been a great duo like Booster and Ted.

It's also too bad they couldn't have just named him Silver Scarab, since Hector isn't using that name anymore.
    Of course, I would settle for Ted being renamed Silver Scarab, also, if it meant we could keep both Ted and Jaime.
    (Then Booster and Ted could be 'Silver & Gold' )

Weren't both of them used in Rebirth title?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Weren't both of them used in Rebirth title?
    I think Ted was his Alfred or Hank Pym or something like that.

I mean each having their own title, separate from each other.
    There is some overlap, but I think they appeal to somewhat different audiences.

Yeah, Jaime was the lead of that book, but Ted still appeared and did become active again as Blue Beetle. Hank Pym is a good analogy, as he existed as a superhero for quite some time alongside his successor Scott Lang - though Hank never went back to being Ant-Man, he was Giant-Man or Yellowjacket.

An even better example would be the Unstoppable Wasp book, which starred the teenage Nadia Van Dyne, Hank's daughter. Hank had been killed off, so her mentor was her stepmother Janet, the classic Wasp. She ends up adopting the orphan (her real mother was Hank's first wife who's been dead since before Ant-Man's origin), and Nadia chooses to take Janet's name (she was originally marketed as Nadia Pym, but never actually called herself that). The book featured both Wasps, even though the younger one was the star. Blue Beetle was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Otherwise there is some okay stuff for fans. I'm happy for Jamie Reyes fans, but as I'm a Ted Kord fan it doesn't do much for me. John Stewart isn't my first choice for GL, but I like him enough that I will probably give Gregory Thorne another go. Hopefully the title takes a supernatural turn with his new powers.
    His name is Geoffrey Thorne. Known to us on this forum as Redjack.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Blue Beetle's finally heading to college.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Look, Taylor, just, do slice of life okay. It's clear that you're better at that. I mean when the new villain that's been teased since the beginning get overshadowed by freaking Bitewing Year One...
    I wouldn't mind if Kal El is just slice-of-life college shenanigans + monster of the week enemies after Clark returns.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

His name is Geoffrey Thorne. Known to us on this forum as Redjack.
    Gregory, Geoffrey, when he starts writing as good as his contemporaries I'll probably remember his name.

Good God please tell me your being facetious.....one of the most pompous posters on this forum; Redjack is a DC writer???

Surrey you jest?