Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

If they are bringing him back just to show his death or to ruin him as a character (as I suspect they might be) I won't be a happy customer

BANNED

I don't know whether to be either Happy, scared or both.

I mean lets hope that Rich died a Noble and worthy death and that also his former friends and allies are told the truth as well, but then again given Bendis history....the term "Noble and worthy" are questionable at best.

Plus he may not even mention the New Warriors in this tie in as well.

Also, why isn't the NEW NOVA concern about this, even if his father is a former Nova, he should at least been told the full story of Rich Rider instead of bits and pieces of the truth, right ?

The fact that it's an Original Sin tie-in, where every character is supposed to reveal his dirty little secret, doesn't fill me with hope that Rich will recieve a fair shake.

Peace

So Bendis finally got around to reading The Thanos Imperative?

BANNED

He's dead. I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    I love your optimism.

Peace

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Given we have GoTG coming out with the Nova corps, I don't think they'd kill of Richard. Two main reasons.

1. You need a good strong lead for Nova if it gets a movie. Richard stands out more as the better choice due to his longer time in comics so people will know him better.

2. The new Nova (I can't recall his name right now), mostly exists to act as a bridging gap in the whole Ulitmate Spideman tv show. He's going to be considered too young by most to be used as a lead for a movie, at least as far as Marvel is concerned. You'd more likely see him as a member of Young Avengers than in a Nova movie.

So no I don't think Bendis will be doing anything terrifically bad to him. I think you'll have some info, but I don't see him winding up DOA.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

He better return, if he dies in this I will rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    I like the optimism!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Definitely the latter.

Rider's gonna be infected by cancerosity and become the new Nova villain of the millennium.
    I'm going to have to agree with you there. Even Thanos (when he returned) didn't want to speak about it, the events that lead to his return affecting him to.

All-New Member

I really want to be hopeful for this but. Ever since Quill went directly to Thanos in this most recent volume of GOTG (issue 6 I believe?) I've just had a bad feeling that the Rider reveal will involve Quill betraying Rider and cutting a deal with Thanos that he survived at the expense of Rich's life...much like a few of you are already saying. It'd be nice to be wrong about this because finally confirming Rich's death would suck. I feel bad for Bendis as he has a very daunting task in front of him if he seeks to give us an answer in a satisfying manner so best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Rider's gonna be infected by cancerosity and become the new Nova villain of the millennium
    I really hope that they don't make him a villain. *cough* Parallax *cough*

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Richard Riker never appeared in a comic.
    Wasn't he Will Riker's twin created by a Holodeck accident? ;-)

Honestly, I'm at the stage where I couldn't care less. It took them three years to tell us what happened to Richard Rider, while trying to get us to warm up to Sam Alexander. Obviously he's not going to return as the main Nova, so who cares?

I won't be picking this up.

Since Death as a Concept doesn't exist in the "Cancerverse," the one thing that can be said for certain is that Richard Rider isn't dead. However, the fact that Thanos and Quill managed to escape what should have been an unescapable prison -- and that the story is being told in an ORIGINAL SIN tie-in -- says that something went very awry to explain why Ryder is in there and the others are out. Indeed, given that he went in during THE THANOS IMPERATIVE with the bulk of (if not the entirety of) the Nova Force and used that power to seal Thanos inside with him and Quill, the fact that that power is now also outside within the normal universe is a matter needing some explanation.

I've continued to wonder (and commented on the thread regarding the THE LEGENDARY STAR-LORD book before the board wipe), after seeing Quill previous bout of Annihilation-wave PTSD, if his roguish new personality of late was in fact him repressing what he experiencing in & escaping from the Cancerverse -- especially if he played a role in leaving his friend alone and powerless there. As much as Bendis gets rightful guff for how he rights character seemingly wrong and apparently ignores continuity, he will often go back and patch in events & happenings to the most minute detail after the fact (as seen in his various SECRET INVASION tie-ins), so I'm curious to see how he does end up detailing these events now in regards to Thanos, Quill, and Ryder...