Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

and why is this happening in Guardians and not in Nova?
    anyway, I bet he's amnesic on some god forgotten planet out there...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    Because this is Peters Original Sin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stelson View Post
    I just want Rich to come back and take the role of Nova Prime and restart the Nova Corps proper, then end current Nova series and relaunch it as a "Nova Corps" title with Rich, Sam, and other members from the DnA run + some new characters.
    I think it's probably within reason to expect the Nova Corp will soon be reinstated at least in part due to their appearence in the upcoming Guardians movie. It would also make sense if Rich is at the helm & becomes a mentor/father/father-figure or whatever to Sam.

However, I kinda hope this new version of the corp takes it's cue from what I've seen in Guardians trailers. Less Green Lantern Corps & more space cops (I can't think of the anime I want to use as an example here).

BANNED

I just want Rich to come back and take the role of Nova Prime and restart the Nova Corps proper, then end current Nova series and relaunch it as a "Nova Corps" title with Rich, Sam, and other members from the DnA run + some new characters.
    Why not have both titles?
    If GL can do it, so can Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Why not have both titles?
    If GL can do it, so can Nova.
    That would be nice but I don't believe Marvel would run two Nova titles at the same time. Also Nova is approaching the deep end where sales are concerned so the whole relaunch thing that Marvel likes so much would be easy to do.

BANNED

That would be nice but I don't believe Marvel would run two Nova titles at the same time
    Nova and Nova Corps.
    It's worth the risk IMO.

and if Nova ever gets a movie it's an even bigger likelihood.

BANNED

Nova and Nova Corps.
    It's worth the risk IMO.
    That's kinda easy for you to say don't ya' think?

It's unlikely the current Nova title will survive much longer, it's been limping along for some time. It doesn't make much fiscal sense to continue it let alone add another Nova title.

I doubt there will ever be a solo movie for any Nova but a TV (or Netflix) show like MAOS doesn't seem totally implausible if the Guardians movie is hugely successful.

Also, like I eluded to before, it would be nice if the new direction of the Nova Corps seperates itself from the obvious Green Lantern Corps comparisons. Whatever DC does with GL should be exactly what Marvel shouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    It does not strike me as odd as long as they match up...which has not been happwning (example_ Nowhere)

Its rough counting on Bendis to tie up a continuity loose end.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of All Nerds View Post
    That's kinda easy for you to say don't ya' think?

It's unlikely the current Nova title will survive much longer, it's been limping along for some time. It doesn't make much fiscal sense to continue it let alone add another Nova title.

I doubt there will ever be a solo movie for any Nova but a TV (or Netflix) show like MAOS doesn't seem totally implausible if the Guardians movie is hugely successful.

Also, like I eluded to before, it would be nice if the new direction of the Nova Corps seperates itself from the obvious Green Lantern Corps comparisons. Whatever DC does with GL should be exactly what Marvel shouldn't do.
    Agreed but it would be tough for marvel to cut and run on a book that theyve bet so much on. Ill bet this books could get months planning for a post movie spike. Their stubborn, but its hard to see why they wouldnt at leasr lower the books price?

My first choice would be to have Waid take over with a reboot and Rider as star. Sam can switch to a supporting character and kid nova in new warriors.

A big nova corps book is another title id love to see Kurt Busiek or Giffen retuen to marvel for.

Clearly with the corps in the GOTG movie..movie potential is in play here..which adds to some big name attractiveness.

Nova and Nova Corps.
    It's worth the risk IMO.

and if Nova ever gets a movie it's an even bigger likelihood.
    The problem with running 2 Nova titles at the same time is that it opens up the door more for people to say they're GL clones. If anything a relaunch of the book as Nova Corps would be better and potentially allow both Sam and Richard to be in the title.

I would also be down for a Champions of Xandar type format as well...maybe instead of a full corps have an all star cast of xandars finest..aka Rich, Sam , Robbie, Firelord, Air Walker, Saal..Adora and Moondragon..and of coursr my Ko Rel ..a smaller cast than a full blown corps book.

Id personally stick with the corps though..stick to the more quasi military sci fi vibe the war of kings DnA corps stuff had.

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    When talking about the "clues" it's seemed there was clearly something bad tieing Star Lord, Thanos, and even Drax together.

-The first big clue about Rich we saw was in GotG #5 or 6 I beleive, we see images of things to come hitting Pete all at once due to the Age of Ultron time shenanigans. We see the Jean Grey Trial thing and Cpt. Marvel, etc., and you also see Richard Rider kind of reaching out to us and looking pretty danm panicked.

-Then in the GotG Infinity Tie-in the room goes quiet when Gamora asks Peter how he, Drax, Thanos are even back from the dead and that they mourned there loss...No direct mention of Richard Rider but the sad look on Drax's face in particular was kind of telling. Whatever happened, it wasn't pretty.

-Then again in NOVA the first Infinity tie-in issue Thanos says that Richard Rider the NOVA that caused him so much trouble in the past has long since been "dealt with" to one of his underlings.

However, Thanos is looking mighty smug and proud of Rich on this new cover.
    Could Rich have gone all dark after being in the Cancerverse so long? Could it have driven him mad?
    Maybe he ends up so out of his mind and even helped Thanos out of the Cancerverse, perhaps Pete isn't talking about it in order to salvage Rich's reputation as a hero. If so, Yikes! I would NOT like that as a fitting end to Rich.

When I talked about Thanos possibly merging with Rich in some way back in the old thread, I mentioned the similarity to Thanos' new costume to Rich's Nova Prime look and that if Pete (and Drax) know about this merge then it would explain why they haven't been as gun-ho' to kill Thanos at present as they should be. Because, killing Thanos would mean killing Rich. Pete and Thanos DID have a confrontation in that same issue that we never saw to conclusion, Pete clearly has SOME way of tracking down Thanos easily that nobody else has, it could be related. I'm thinking As of now they are looking to find some way of separating the two of them and perhaps that's a side-mission Drax and Pete are quietly working on that they don't want the other team members knowing about.

Of course, they could have simply abandoned Rich in the Cancerverse in which case screw everybody for not even TRYING to find him when they were there during The Avengers: Assemble arc.

You are one hell of an insightful man, let me tell you. I love it all and the thought of them somehow merging has crossed my mind before as well. The physical cues DO look similar. Very clever my man and if Bendis/Marvel has had him in plain sight all this time with it how mind blowing would that be?

I am so hyped for this it's not even funny. Heck, I even asked when we'd possibly see a return of Rich to Axel in the new topic for him lol

It took way too long as it was, but man anytime we get Rich is perfect for me. I just pray that Marvel/Bendis doesn't muck this up and they return the rightful Nova to the cosmos. Fingers crossed and naysayers be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    The problem with running 2 Nova titles at the same time is that it opens up the door more for people to say they're GL clones. If anything a relaunch of the book as Nova Corps would be better and potentially allow both Sam and Richard to be in the title.
    People have already been thinking that for years, who cares? Clones or not, a Nova Corps movie or book done right would kick ass.
    Last edited by Raphael Edwards; 05-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmc View Post
    if he's dead it would be a waste of a character that really grew and evolved as a top tier hero in my eyes (plus a waste of a great costume design). Personally, if marvel was trying to bank on the popularity of the upcoming movie, i would release a nova corps book with the return of nova as nova prime and how he is re-building the nova corps. I think him and sam can co-exist but i have a bad feeling none the less. I really like dna's take on nova and their whole cosmic run. Some of the best marvel has made in some time.
    nuff said!

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

We will finally get an answer - which should be good. I doubt we will learn Rich is dead. If that was the case, I think they would not be doing this story.

There are four things I am sorely missing from the DnA Nova:

1. A comic that feels more science fiction
    2. A more mature comic (no knock on Sam, I just really enjoy a hero who has grown)
    3. A hero who operates in space
    4. Richard Rider

Because this is Peters Original Sin.
    Yeah, in a lot of ways I'm thinking this is more a Starlord story than anything else.

And it's why Peter came back but has been silent about Rich. Something happened which Peter doesn't seem to eager to mention to anyone. And that has Original Sin written all over it.