Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I was just thinking that same thing!!!!! In what world is he heroic? He went on a freakin murder spree!!!!
    In the world where The Rock has enough power to change his status quo?

The heroification of Black Adam predates the Rock by at least a decade.

Along with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, he's one of those villains who are no longer villains.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Along with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, he's one of those villains who are no longer villains.
    I did not know, just out of curiosity, it is not that I am interested in reading anything about Black Adam, but where did his redemption begin, did he have his own series or in any of those events?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I did not know, just out of curiosity, it is not that I am interested in reading anything about Black Adam, but where did his redemption begin, did he have his own series or in any of those events?
    Geoff Johns' JSA run from the early 2000s and then in the 52 Weekly series.

He was an anti-hero early on in Johns/Goyer JSA run. Then in Johns Black Reign arc (which the movie is based off of) he allies with Atom Smasher, resigns from the JSA and starts killing villains and enacts a coup on Khandaq. This brings him into conflict with Hawkman and JSA.

52 is the series where one of the sub plots was Adam going berserk, murdering an entire country and thus resulting in WW3. There is also 3 part 52: WW3 mini series dealing with other heroes fighting him and the human effect of the war. He's beaten at the tail end of the 52 and left de powered.

He re appeared again in JSA but I don't recall the details of that arc. Then the Nu52 hit and I stopped following DC stuff too closely. I have no idea what his kill count and overall what is and isn't canon to his history in Nu52 and Rebirth era.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Ivy's back to being a villain again. She's straight up killing people and I think plotting to wipe out humanity?

thanks, it still seems immoral to me that he's in the league, but hey I just found out that Harley is in the league of the son of kal el in the dark crisis, so...

It seems that the Parasite will be the villain in Nubia & The Justice League

https://twitter.com/amancay_art/stat...67489918271488
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 10-09-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It seems that the Parasite will be the villain in Nubia & The Justice League

https://twitter.com/amancay_art/stat...67489918271488
    Beautiful art!

I’d really like to see Nubia get together with some other Black heroes (Black Lightning, Vixen, Rocket, etc.) and be part of a team. While she understands racism and it’s history and current effects to POC in Patriarch’s World, she could be an interesting POV character for not having experienced it as other characters have, coming from Themyscira. It’s somewhat unclear of how much an Amazon remembers from their past life after emerging from the Well of Souls. That could make my point about what she’s experienced moot.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Beautiful art!

I’d really like to see Nubia get together with some other Black heroes (Black Lightning, Vixen, Rocket, etc.) and be part of a team. While she understands racism and it’s history and current effects to POC in Patriarch’s World, she could be an interesting POV character for not having experienced it as other characters have, coming from Themyscira. It’s somewhat unclear of how much an Amazon remembers from their past life after emerging from the Well of Souls. That could make my point about what she’s experienced moot.
    I think she wouldn't really add to it, from what we've seen, she remembers her past life now, she's been to Mans World off/on hunting those that escaped DD. I think Phllipus would add a lot in that area though since she hasn't been off the island since Hercules days

Extraordinary Member

Nubia & the Justice League Special #1 Preview
    Writers: Michael W. Conrad, Becky Cloonan and Stephanie Williams
    Artists: Amancay Nahuelpan and Alitha Martinez

Does it need to take three of them to fight Firefly...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does it need to take three of them to fight Firefly...?
    Maybe not, but it’s fun to read their interactions and Nubia’s internal dialogue about the characters.

Cloonrad give us a beautiful story full of adventures and reflections, where Nubia's voice shines along with her interaction with the other members of the League, even with that character that I hate to see in the League.
    Cloonrad have already shown us capable of writing a team very well and I wouldn't mind seeing them behind a Trinity series or even the League itself, or even better a Wonderteam series where we see the entire Wonderfamily in joint adventures :P
    The second story didn't impress me as much, but we owe Williams and Martinez those wonderful miniseries that have given me so much pleasure this past year.

It was ok! I thought the league seemed a bit off in terms of personality.