Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    It was a very fun issue. I will say the 1st fight was one of the best fights I've seen in awhile in a DC comic. It was well executed and Nubia/Canary/GA worked well together to take down a flying threat when they cant fly. Made it more fun when you have people who cant do everything.

    Nubia's interactions with the League was also fun, I think they went a bit overboard with the praise though and I with Nubia commenting on how she's not necessarily used to working with a team would've been a little bit nice to see her adjusting to that. But overall it's refreshing to see JL in their downtime as its something I feel like we need more in comics nowadays.

    And we end with Nubia wanting to split her time between Mans World and the Island which is fine but it brings us back to why exactly Hippolyta had to give up the crown apart from them needing to find a way to give it up to Nubia.

  2. #47
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    94,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    And we end with Nubia wanting to split her time between Mans World and the Island which is fine but it brings us back to why exactly Hippolyta had to give up the crown apart from them needing to find a way to give it up to Nubia.
    What do we even need Diana for then?

  3. #48
    Mighty Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Honestly, I think Diana should be Queen! She could run the island and help mansworld with no problem!

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Hades
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Let Nubia have Diana's spot on the league. It does her nothing but harm at this point.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What do we even need Diana for then?
    Same reason why we have 3 fully powered Kryptonians in 1 world. But if anything they should set her up on JSA or a different team if they want to put her on a team. 2 Amazons with weapons that can allow them to feel the truth (or force it) is a bit much.

  6. #51
    Spectacular Member Garrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Reading this I feel bad. Like, I have the feeling that this will be the last issue of the wonderfam outside the main series for a very long time.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a very fun issue. I will say the 1st fight was one of the best fights I've seen in awhile in a DC comic. It was well executed and Nubia/Canary/GA worked well together to take down a flying threat when they cant fly. Made it more fun when you have people who cant do everything.

    Nubia's interactions with the League was also fun, I think they went a bit overboard with the praise though and I with Nubia commenting on how she's not necessarily used to working with a team would've been a little bit nice to see her adjusting to that. But overall it's refreshing to see JL in their downtime as its something I feel like we need more in comics nowadays.

    And we end with Nubia wanting to split her time between Mans World and the Island which is fine but it brings us back to why exactly Hippolyta had to give up the crown apart from them needing to find a way to give it up to Nubia.
    Nubia one of the most powerful heroes according to DC. Can't handle Firefly or anybody else by herself. Sigh.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Reading this I feel bad. Like, I have the feeling that this will be the last issue of the wonderfam outside the main series for a very long time.
    Considering how underwhelming most Wonderfam interactions have been. I don't think it is a bad thiong.

  9. #54
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Thought the writing on this was generally good but thought the art was only kind of OK. In fact it was a bit rough in places.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,074

    Default

    Fun issue and I liked Nubia’s reflections and interactions with the Leaguers.

    I’d really like to see an expanded roster for the League in the future and I hope Nubia is a member. Remixing different groups of characters on JL missions really gives creatives opportunities to find the “magic” between characters and their relationships that sometimes don’t occur until they’re brought together.

    I like that Nubia is wary of Black Adam and put him, somewhat, on notice. I’d love to see Arthur, Adam and Nubia really get into what it means to be a head of state and leader of a nation(s) and culture. But, I’ve always found the political side of characters, within their fantastical world, interesting and intriguing. Part of reason I’ve enjoyed the animated series Young Justice. The political intrigues and subplots make the backdrop to their world more interesting.

  11. #56
    Spectacular Member Garrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Considering how underwhelming most Wonderfam interactions have been. I don't think it is a bad thiong.
    I liked everything so far

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •