Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Writers you wish DC Comics would sign

Whether it's a writer currently at another company, a fresh new writer in another industry (not comics), or a former DC writer who left the company...

...who are some writers you wish DC Comics would bring aboard. AND what book would you want them writing?

For a present writer:

I'd go with Donny Gates over at Marvel

For a past writer/writers:

I would like to see Greg Rucka or Brad Meltzer again.

Paul Dini

James Robinson

Si Spurrier

Paul Cornell

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Al Ewing and Jonathan Hickman

Gillen too if possible

Hickman of course.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Paul Dini

James Robinson

Si Spurrier

Paul Cornell
    Spurrier is at DC, he’s doing some back up stories here and there. Wish he’d get the chance to write one of the bigger titles however.

You want Robinson back? His WW and Tec runs sucked.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Hickman. They need this guy more, than anyone else. Also, I would like to see Ewing in DC someday, he might be a good choice for Superman or Green Lantern.
    Cates and Wells would be interesting options.

Bring Jeff Parker back.

Al Ewing, Jonathan Hickman, and Eve Ewing,

I would also love a Future State Duke Thomas webtoon series from Brent Bristol

oh and I would love a one-shot from any of the major shonen mangaka out right now; ideally horikoshi (even tho I believe he's more of a Marvel guy)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hickman of course.

Spurrier is at DC, he’s doing some back up stories here and there. Wish he’d get the chance to write one of the bigger titles however.

You want Robinson back? His WW and Tec runs sucked.
    Seconding Hickman.

Had no idea Spurrier was still doing stuff for DC after his Constantine ongoing got cancelled. I became familiar with him thanks to his Black Knight work.

Robinson is very hit or miss. He has some left over good will from me for his days of writing Starman and JSA. His Scarlet Witch ongoing was pretty good too.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Had no idea Spurrier was still doing stuff for DC after his Constantine ongoing got cancelled. I became familiar with him thanks to his Black Knight work.
    His Black Label Suicide Squad book just wrapped up a little while ago and he's currently doing the backups in Detective Comics. He'll also be doing the main story in Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman.

I can't say I'd be that excited to see anyone who has done any extensive work at DC before return - the exception being Morrison - since I think part of DC's problem these past few years is the lack of fresh ideas. A large part of that I think was their tendency to focus on established creators to the detriment of developing newer talent.

Anyways writers I think would tell some interesting stories: Hickman, Gillen, Kelly Thompson, Jed Mackay, David Avallone, Wyatt Kennedy, Patrick Kindlon, Emilia Cilento, Michael Walsh, Sas Milledge and Conor McCreery.

Michael Chabon on a Legion of Superheroes mini or OGN

Stephen King. Let him play with DC and see what he wants to do with it in a Black Label series. (I'd actually be most curious to see him tackle Superman)

Kurt Busiek on anything he wants.

Walt Simonson on Green Lantern.

Alan Davis on Justice League.

Scott McCloud on Shazam.

Vince Gilligan on Doom Patrol.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-19-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    His Black Label Suicide Squad book just wrapped up a little while ago and he's currently doing the backups in Detective Comics. He'll also be doing the main story in Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman.

I can't say I'd be that excited to see anyone who has done any extensive work at DC before return - the exception being Morrison - since I think part of DC's problem these past few years is the lack of fresh ideas. A large part of that I think was their tendency to focus on established creators to the detriment of developing newer talent.

Anyways writers I think would tell some interesting stories: Hickman, Gillen, Kelly Thompson, Jed Mackay, David Avallone, Wyatt Kennedy, Patrick Kindlon, Emilia Cilento, Michael Walsh, Sas Milledge and Conor McCreery.
    Didio definitely was not good about bringing in new blood, but the current regime has been nurturing a good group of up and comers: Ram V, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Dan Watters, Jeremy Adams, John Ridley, etc are just a couple of new names that I’ve enjoyed who have recently joined DC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    For a past writer/writers:

I would like to see Greg Rucka or Brad Meltzer again.
    Meltzer FTW! Nobody I'd rather see back on JLA.

Count me with Hickman.
    Al Ewing in something cosmic would be interesting to see too.
    Cantwell could be interesting too.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 08-19-2022 at 08:32 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Meltzer FTW! Nobody I'd rather see back on JLA.
    Yes his JLA was great! As was his Green Arrow.

I'd love to see him back at DC. His writing is masterclass!