Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Robin #17 Preview

Robin #17 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Roger Cruz

Man I'm going to miss this title and the group of pals. hopefully this Robin run isn't ending and we get to see the dynamic4 ride again.

Astonishing Member

To be honest, I have a bad feeling about Damian's cast, well, except Connor, who's probably becoming Green Arrow next year. This issue obviously will end on a bad note, since Damian is probably possesed by Nezha, and considering, that there's no mention of Flatline in Batman vs Robin solicits, I hope Williamson doesn't use her for some tragic twist that leads to Batman vs Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be honest, I have a bad feeling about Damian's cast, well, except Connor, who's probably becoming Green Arrow next year. This issue obviously will end on a bad note, since Damian is probably possesed by Nezha, and considering, that there's no mention of Flatline in Batman vs Robin solicits, I hope Williamson doesn't use her for some tragic twist that leads to Batman vs Robin.
    I'm not sure why Flatline would have ever featured in batman v Robin.

The Batman v Robin previews indicates that the leadin to story [what motivates Damian] is Alfred.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm really hoping Flatline makes it out fine as well, and we see her again down the line. She did appear on the first teaser art for Batman vs. Robin, so I'm hoping she'll appear, even if it's a minor role.

This is the last issue, right?
    I'm enjoyed this run for the most part, but it lost me a little by the middle.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm really hoping Flatline makes it out fine as well, and we see her again down the line. She did appear on the first teaser art for Batman vs. Robin, so I'm hoping she'll appear, even if it's a minor role.

Oh I forgot about that cover. I'm not sure why she'd be here but I hope going forward that she sticks around.

What a short-lived villain hookup.

The end of one era...

and the last things that I am watching about Batman vs Robin look like a bad signal

DC enjoys making Damian fans suffer.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This is a shame, I have been really enjoying this book.

Great set of supporting characters (I only gave this a go because of Connor Hawke). I was hoping to see more of Damian and his eclectic group of young martial artists getting into crazy adventures. This fit him so much more than a structured legacy team like Teen Titans.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Great set of supporting characters (I only gave this a go because of Connor Hawke). I was hoping to see more of Damian and his eclectic group of young martial artists getting into crazy adventures. This fit him so much more than a structured legacy team like Teen Titans.

I would have been more excited by this young team, than Damian on Justice League Dark. A young team growing together, making mistakes, but growing towards the light, mystic over tones, but still teens/young adults using their skills and brains.....and given their dark pasts always a subtle tension of will they make the right choice, and when they fail, can they recover....yeah, I would enjoy that book, and so would Kiddo who relates so much to Damian. The wild child everyone is a little scared of but has that core desire to do right.

BTW, that's why I always viewed Jon as more likely to turn dark than Damian. Damian has to decide everyday who he is, Jon has never had to learn how to make those choices.
    Last edited by OOPS; 08-22-2022 at 05:15 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I gave this a go for Connor too, and I am happy. It was among the best books every month.
    Again agreed on the great set of supporting characters. It's a shame it has to end now.
    This title along with the previous solo run Robin Son of the Bat should've last longer.
    At the end of both series Damian was starting to show his hidden tender side, he had his supporting group of characters settled and, just when you want more, it ended.
    Probably back to basic Damian in this new fight(?) against Bruce. My only hope is in Waid writing but I wouldn't have changed this road. I've heard it will be centered in magic and this generally keeps me away. I'll give it a try anyway.

Anyone knows if and where Connor adventures will going on?

Probably a new Green Arrow book. He said he was going to find his father.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Agreed.
    Absolutely loved the start, but once it got to the crossover, things went downhill.
    The crossover itself was terrible and the later issues have been just ok. I think the book had way more potential than what we ultimately got.

Plus I hope we never see Respawn again, it’s one of the worst (and most derivative) concepts of the whole run. Hated that little teaser about him.