Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That could be an option but I don't know if using again the time trapper is the best idea, but he always seems to be the default villian for this troubles. Also, it will really depressing if the Bendis legion is the future of the Legion. In the 5YL the earth was destroyed and it was really depressing story. And having it again destroyed in the future is not the most motivating aspect neither then nor now.
    If the Earth is destroyed in both 5YL and the bendisboot, it seems a viable plan for any collection of Legions in a "war" would be to either save, or not destroy the planet. Two planets saved, history changed, new Legion pops out of the reboot machine. Add details and BAM! (as Emiril used to say).
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If the Earth is destroyed in both 5YL and the bendisboot, it seems a viable plan for any collection of Legions in a "war" would be to either save, or not destroy the planet. Two planets saved, history changed, new Legion pops out of the reboot machine. Add details and BAM! (as Emiril used to say).
    If after that Bendislboot Legion is send off forever to oblivion, you have my vote.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Having read the full issue...
    spoilers:
    Did it already happen? This issue ended on a fade to white - Vandal Savage just erased everyone! Maybe when they're restored they'll look different - having been changed into Geoff Johns' version?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I highly doubt it. I wish that to happen but it is no the way Bendis operates.

However I must admit the talents of Bendis here:
    He can make different characters sound the same.
    He can make apparent than something amazing is goin to happen and then.... conversation. Total let down.
    He can reuse the same trope or narrative strategy used by Levitz, Giffen, Abnett, Lannig in similar Legion books, and in someway make it less surprising and less spectacular and more Deus ex machina than any of the previous writers mentioned.
    And I admit I was wrong about Bendis. I thought he was going to deliver some fight in this issue to justify the VS title, but I suppose that was marketing (False advertising more like). But who knows? There still one issue still to go. And in one issue he must explain the why and how of the villian, how it relates to Gold Lantern, and how he will be defeated.
    Surely Bendis can do that, in one issue. Right?

Right???
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Having read the full issue...
    spoilers:
    Did it already happen? This issue ended on a fade to white - Vandal Savage just erased everyone! Maybe when they're restored they'll look different - having been changed into Geoff Johns' version?
    end of spoilers

I don't know how to use the Spoiler tag but semi spoilers below

[Spoiler]
    Yah whoa so this series is crazy cause it's dealing with the great darkness, seems directly connected to Williamson Dark Crisis but isn't mentioned in the essential reading list and now the big gun behind the great darkness is revealed and he wipes everyone out. Whoa wft is going on here?[/Spoiler]

Astonishing Member

Reminded me of Parallax from Zero Hour issue 1.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b2bd3521...43adcf0645.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I highly doubt it. I wish that to happen but it is no the way Bendis operates.

However I must admit the talents of Bendis here:
    He can make different characters sound the same.
    He can make apparent than something amazing is goin to happen and then.... conversation. Total let down.
    He can reuse the same trope or narrative strategy used by Levitz, Giffen, Abnett, Lannig in similar Legion books, and in someway make it less surprising and less spectacular and more Deus ex machina than any of the previous writers mentioned.
    And I admit I was wrong about Bendis. I thought he was going to deliver some fight in this issue to justify the VS title, but I suppose that was marketing (False advertising more like). But who knows? There still one issue still to go. And in one issue he must explain the why and how of the villian, how it relates to Gold Lantern, and how he will be defeated.
    Surely Bendis can do that, in one issue. Right?

Right???

Spoilers below

I'd argue that comic book presidency has been set long ago and Bendis really doesn't have to explain much... as long as he can build to a good cliffhanger ending and really grab the audience all that would need to happen would be "the story continues in Legion of Super-Heroes vs Vandal Savage!"

Honestly , I don't think the great darkness in this series have any ties to the greatesty darkness of the Dark crisis. From my perspective is more like Bendis wanted to do his own version of the Dark crisis with some big event and a villian from the present day appearing in the Legion era (same as Darkseid in the OG Legion and Ras Al Gul in the reboot era). However it was never seed or hinted than somethin like this could happen and the name came of something than triple girl saw... but she never revealed until now... Because to Bendis seems to be more interesting to speak the events instead of showing them.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Reminded me of Parallax from Zero Hour issue 1.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/b2bd3521...43adcf0645.png
    Visually, maybe. But in Zero Hour the reveal was for a mille far much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I don't know how to use the Spoiler tag but semi spoilers below

spoilers:

Yah whoa so this series is crazy cause it's dealing with the great darkness, seems directly connected to Williamson Dark Crisis but isn't mentioned in the essential reading list and now the big gun behind the great darkness is revealed and he wipes everyone out. Whoa wft is going on here?
    end of spoilers
    It's spoil, not spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

If I relaunched the Legion, I'd build it around the original versions, but bring in fan faves from other versions including XS, Kinetix, Shikari, Kid Quantum. I'd consider bringing in some Bendis's characters like Monster Boy and maybe even the new Ranzz twins -- but would rename them as not being new versions of Garth and Ayla. I don't mind change, but hate when they keep trying to deep six the original versions.

Note that reprints of the original Legion sells out again -- and again. That's because the classic version still has a big fanbase. Ignoring that was DC's and Bendis's biggest mistake.