Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default "Are the X-Men in trouble? Marvel teases an S.O.S. is coming January 2023"

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/19/ma...ry-2023-x-men/

"Marvel Comics has sent press a teaser that is incredibly cryptic but appears to be X-Men related.

Accompanying the graphic is the text below.

COMING IN JANUARY 2023… S.O.S.
    Stay tuned next week for more information about a new age for mutants coming to the X-Men books next year.
    Likely this means a new era for the X-Men will be announced. So far we’ve had Reign of X, Dawn of X, and Destiny of X. This may suggest the era of Destiny and her visions will wrap up by January.

Check out the teaser below."

Short, creepy clip tweeted by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This could surely be connected to what Jordan White said about Rogue in the last X-Men Monday:
    "You’ll see, there are specific plans for her, but we’re not ready to announce them yet. You’ll see them relatively soon. I don’t think it’ll be too, too long before we announce them. But what I’ll say is, for sure, comic books featuring Rogue extremely heavily are being written as we speak."

Fantastic Member

This could be the first of those Nimrod Extinction Events Destiney saw in Immortal X-Men# 3 they seemed to start shortly after Judgment Day

To me this kind of kills the excitement of Judgement day event. I’m like can we just skip AXE and go to to SOS?

Sometimes I feel we’re always 3-4 months away from the important stuff even though we’re a month into an event now.
    Last edited by Romy134; 08-19-2022 at 12:27 PM.

The S.O.S. is Marvel comics.

I wish I could say the nature of the teaser was a hint to good plans for Lorna in the coming future, but honestly right now strongest odds are her thrown into limbo for at least two years, followed closely by a minor role promoting other characters the X-Office likes and respects more. And of course there's always the chance of Marvel forcing Havok on Lorna again to satisfy their nostalgia. They only had Lorna on X-Men for half a year, didn't even have her on the cover of the issue focused on her, and they keep acting like Genosha never happened for her, so that's my conclusion.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I wonder if that SOS thing is a sign that the Krakoa era is ending? The resurrection thing is known now, so we do seem to be heading for the endgame.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    This could be the first of those Nimrod Extinction Events Destiney saw in Immortal X-Men# 3 they seemed to start shortly after Judgment Day
    And Jordan did also say,

AIPT: Finally, X-Fan KingdomX asked if you could describe the status quo of the X-books post-Judgement Day in three words.

Jordan: Sinister, Sinister, Sinister.

Let's get right to his timeline stuff then and end him once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    To me this kind of kills the excitement of Judgement day event. I’m like can we just skip AXE and go to to SOS?

Sometimes I feel we’re always 3-4 months away from the important stuff even though we’re a month into an event now.
    Hopefully whatever they announce next week will lend itself to making Judgement Day more intriguing? Maybe? *crickets*

Salarta, your first sentence made me laugh out loud.

Speaking of Nimrod and Orchis, I just remembered Kang's predictions from last year's Timeless one shot.

Perhaps mutants end up having to evacuate to Arakko.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Gawds! I hate those teaser crap so much. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sinister may have programed a kill switch into all the mutants that've been resurrected. It'd be a No More Mutants all over again, now with a fully dysfunctional society.

Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-19-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if that SOS thing is a sign that the Krakoa era is ending? The resurrection thing is known now, so we do seem to be heading for the endgame.
    This too, which connects to Dizzystarr's Nimrod Extinction Event theory. With this coming on the heels of JD and if the protocols are taken offline, Orchis would be smart to strike immediately.

EDIT: I think the SOS is perhaps related to the protocols, not necessarily the end of Krakoa.
    Last edited by JB; 08-19-2022 at 01:55 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    Exac-fockin-tatiously...to all of this.
    So fucking tired.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, Hickman left exactly because the writers and editors wanted to keep it going.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Poor Mutants....they can NEVER catch a Break.

It's giving: "Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire" sheesh.