Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    Well said bro. I would be more than happy if these series and teams were given room to breathe and get established.

Yeah I feel like I got there right after this last Destiny of X relaunch. Realizing some of these these writers are just milking the long form story telling. And then I got annoyed with how many tie-ins and how big they made Judgement Day. And then we're going to have to deal with Dark Web and whatever tie-ins thats going to have and NOW a teaser for SOS. I mean come on. Let the writers tell there own stories.

The current X-Slack writers are meandering and taking too long to get to the point of their stories. I can forgive Ewing and Gillen but the Dawn of X writers need to STEP T.F.U

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    Yup. And they all revolve around the SAME concept too, which makes them all seem even more pointless. Like over and over, the only beat they're mining is leaning into 'is this the event that destroys Krakoa' and its like, do you guys have literally ANY other pitches? There are other stakes for stories, I promise. I've seen them!

Its like, I've always accepted that while I might like the Krakoa era to last, that's not a given and it can go at any time.

Just sure would be nice if Marvel didn't make a point of teasing that every single chance they get, well past the point of 'just raising tensions/stakes' and more to the point of making readers go into each and every story arc of the Krakoa era half-wondering if this will end up being the last story that book tells before the end of this era, and judging it on THOSE parameters rather than just.....each story arc getting to be a story arc.

Like especially if Krakoa's not gonna be around forever, as someone who does enjoy it, I would at least like a chance TO enjoy it while it lasts, which is really fucking hard to do when eternally juxtaposed with an awareness the other shoe could drop at any time, and Marvel constantly whispering over our shoulders 'hey check it out, so we've got this really big fucking shoe over here, and we could drop it aaaaaaaaaaaany day now.'

We get it, now if you don't mind, I'd love to finish reading this story about this team of mutants having a comparatively lower stakes adventure since that's what was ACTUALLY solicited and I first started reading because I was drawn in by that story as is, and didn't actually need or want the eleventh hour emergence of a superbad who has absolutely **** all to do with the story until now, and is only here to kill characters I like before they ever get a chance to follow through on the story beats they seemed to be building towards up until that point. Also, protip, its really hard for readers to get invested in all these new ideas you keep introducing and throwing around all the time like buzzwords, when any excitement we might otherwise have for concepts like Bishop's War College and Illyana's magic school is overshadowed by you constantly stressing readers out that all of this is gonna go bye-bye before we ever get a chance to SEE any of those things come to fruition.

Its like, we know you think you've mastered the art of threading the needle and can eternally keep up this little dance of dangling completely contradictory futures in front of both the fans and the critics of the era, teasing each group with the possible fulfillment of their completely contradictory WANTS for the future...but honestly all you guys are really doing is trying to string along both groups without ever actually giving either of them what they want and that's not appetizing for either, so much as inevitably alienating to both.

Maybe try something new and just pick a freaking choice and commit to it, just to see what happens? Idk, idk, wild ideas are wild, don't listen to me I'm probably high.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 08-19-2022 at 02:52 PM.

we must not forget that in June 2023 there is another hellfire gala, I have trouble seeing mutants partying if there was a big problem for them.

Then I agree they need the mutants to breathe a little and let the scriptwriters tell their stories, it's been two years since x-force hasn't progressed (it's also percy's fault) regarding xeno by example.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I feel like I got there right after this last Destiny of X relaunch. Realizing some of these these writers are just milking the long form story telling. And then I got annoyed with how many tie-ins and how big they made Judgement Day. And then we're going to have to deal with Dark Web and whatever tie-ins thats going to have and NOW a teaser for SOS. I mean come on. Let the writers tell there own stories.

The current X-Slack writers are meandering and taking too long to get to the point of their stories. I can forgive Ewing and Gillen but the Dawn of X writers need to STEP T.F.U
    I was under the impression that Dark Web would only include Duggan's X-Men but if more X-Titles are wrapped in, that really sucks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hmm, I kinda like Bleeding Cool's idea. (their memory of XoS seems a little off but nevertheless)

Marvel Teases An S.O.S. For Mutants & X-Men In 2023
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...x-men-in-2023/

"If I were to make a guess, might it be Apocalypse? Last seen travelling to the dimensional plane of Amenth that the Arakki mutants of long ago had made a home, before setting up on the terraformed Mars as a new Arakko.

Amenth was a hellish dimension that Apocalyse once entered with the mutant population of Okkara to fight invading Annihilation demons coming from the hellish reality of Amenth. Apocalypse's wife, Genesis and his Horsemen and the mutant population decided to move to Amenth in order to hold off the Amenthi forces and deny Annihilation access to Earth by sealing the chasm, becoming prisoners in the process and Genesis becoming wife to Annihilation. In doing so they left Apocalypse behind, tasked by Genesis to judge the succeeding mutants, and to make them worthy to face what threat may one day come to Earth.

During the X Of Swords event, Apocalypse surrendered to Saturnyne of Otherworld, with Krakoa and Arrako set to go their separate ways. but Saturnyne demanded a mutant from each side live with their enemy for increased understanding and mutually assured destruction. Genesis chose her husband Apocalypse. Apocalypse chose the entire nation of Arakko, all granted their freedom with the move. So as the denizens of Arakko returned to Earth during the X-Men X Of Swords event, and took their place on Mars, he returned to Amenth.

Might Apocalypse be in need of some X-Men assistance? He has been gone for quite some time after all."

There was a rumor from that bishop66 poster, who has had some correct scoops in the past, that something is coming involving Apocalypse. He mentioned Cable too so… fingers crossed I guess.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I thought the next big event post-Judgement Day was supposed to revolve around Sinister. Wasn't that being teased?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I thought the next big event post-Judgement Day was supposed to revolve around Sinister. Wasn't that being teased?
    When KingdomX, through X-Men Monday, asked Jordan to describe the status quo after Judgment Day, he replied with "Sinister. Sinister. Sinister." My thinking is he may finally side with Orchis (or the mutant one will be killed and Stasis Sinister will run the show) unless it's something completely different.

I just remembered that we don't know what Stasis did at the end of the Hellfire Gala.

Sinister. On. Sinister.

Hmm… maybe?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sinister. On. Sinister.

Hmm… maybe?
    Ah, perhaps. Or Save Our Sinister? lol

Stop Omega Sentinel.

BANNED

Quick recap of my somewhat long percolating predictions:

The Krakoa era is a creation of 'Age of X-Man's Jesus of Natereth Grey & the Santa Clause MaX Eisenhardt Magneto that stayed behind, with him...
    in the AoXM world that somehow became Arrako & got trapped in the reachable only by way of Otherworld, hellscape dimension known as Amenth.
    Now my 1st thought was that GEEzus Nate likely sits @the head of GR's Night Table, w/MaX Mags/Fisher King & IDK who [alt Sinister, Apocalypse, Legion?]
    else @his side(s) OR that he is/was Annihilation BUT have recently entertained the idea that he's actually been masquerading as Erik Mags' P.I.C. -
    Xavier, the WHOLE time!!

SO, I figure, all that said...
    this S.O.S. is either from...
    Otherworld [think KoX] OR Amenth [think Apoc & his fam... for a mod redo of AoA?]

The KoX thing fits the Rogue spec [Gambit] + there's Sunfire's Redroot rescue, also.
    There's always Kitty & her space Marauders too, I suppose, BUT... not as likely, IMO.
    In addition, I've always felt that eventually all mutants would end up on Arakko, OR...
    Okkara, what have you. For however long it lasts, anyway. Which could rely on 2023's
    VOTE?!!

Scanner
    Omerta
    Slipstream

Finally, a good event.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Maybe Krakoa or a part of it isn blown into space (again), and Rogue is the only senior X-Man responsible for the remaining 199 mutants on earth, living on Krakoa. And Krakoa is travelling through Deep Space.

https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/15...cPLogLexnWCRlg

here u guys go

its sinister

pit issue is number 10 thats january 2023 go back to his sinister secrets hes asking for help