Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Serafina Owns Sam

Stupendous Omegas Success
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Stupid OOC Stories
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I'm just going to assume this stands for

Shaterstar Owns Salad

Until I hear otherwise. ... and probabaly not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Quick recap of my somewhat long percolating predictions:

The Krakoa era is a creation of 'Age of X-Man's Jesus of Natereth Grey & the Santa Clause MaX Eisenhardt Magneto that stayed behind, with him...
    in the AoXM world that somehow became Arrako & got trapped in the reachable only by way of Otherworld, hellscape dimension known as Amenth.
    Now my 1st thought was that GEEzus Nate likely sits @the head of GR's Night Table, w/MaX Mags/Fisher King & IDK who [alt Sinister, Apocalypse, Legion?]
    else @his side(s) OR that he is/was Annihilation BUT have recently entertained the idea that he's actually been masquerading as Erik Mags' P.I.C. -
    Xavier, the WHOLE time!!

SO, I figure, all that said...
    this S.O.S. is either from...
    Otherworld [think KoX] OR Amenth [think Apoc & his fam... for a mod redo of AoA?]

The KoX thing fits the Rogue spec [Gambit] + there's Sunfire's Redroot rescue, also.
    There's always Kitty & her space Marauders too, I suppose, BUT... not as likely, IMO.
    In addition, I've always felt that eventually all mutants would end up on Arakko, OR...
    Okkara, what have you. For however long it lasts, anyway. Which could rely on 2023's
    VOTE?!!
    Let me just tell you that you're the first person I thought of when I read the very short blurb they included with the teaser image:

"COMING IN JANUARY 2023… S.O.S.
    Stay tuned next week for more information about a new age for mutants coming to the X-Men books next year."

But I couldn't wrap my mind around how that could connect. All the above are great possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    https://twitter.com/mdp_tm/status/15...cPLogLexnWCRlg

here u guys go

its sinister

pit issue is number 10 thats january 2023 go back to his sinister secrets hes asking for help
    Ok wow.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The S.O.S. is Marvel comics. ...
    You may not be wrong, given this harsh assessment...
    of June's sales:

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/
    X-Men Franchise

14 X-Men #12

26 Wolverine #22

28 Immortal X-Men #3

32 X-Men Red #3

63 Knights of X #2

65 X-Men Red #4

66 Marauders #3

68 Legion of X #2

75 Knights of X #3

76 New Mutants #26

78 X-Men ’92 House of XCII #2 (Of 5)

108 Sabretooth #4 (Of 5)

110 X-Force #29

124 Legion of X #1 (Resolicitation)

126 Wolverine Patch #3 (Of 5)

153 Immortal X-Men #2 (Resolicitation)

163 Wolverine #21 (Resolicitation)

178 X-Men #11 (Resolicitation)

192 X-Men Red #2 (Resolicitation)

There were no X-Men titles in the Top 10. There is only one X-Men title in the Top 25. There were only four X-Men titles in the Top 50. Things are not looking good for the X-Men franchise at the moment. I have always been concerned about the X-Men’s sustainability once Jonathan Hickman decided to leave the franchise. Marvel Comics has a burgeoning problem on its hands with the X-Men franchise at the moment.

Wolverine appears to have found its natural home bobbing up and down the 20-29 spots in the cart. Immortal X-Men continues to plummet down the rankings. Issue #2 took the number 14 spot. However, Immortal X-Men #3 fell out of the Top 25 and down to the number 28 spot. I have a feeling that Immortal X-Men may be destined to fall out of the Top 50 by its sixth issue. The next few months are going to be critical.

X-Men Red continues to plummet in the rankings at an alarming rate. Issue #2 took the number 28 spot. X-Men Red #3 came in at the number 32 spot. X-Men Red #4 dropped out of the Top 50 and down to the number 65 spot. There is a good chance that X-Men Red drops out of the Top 75 with the next issue.

Marauders continues to drop like a dead duck in the rankings. Issue #2 came in at the number 38 spot. Marauders #3 plummeted out of the Top 50 and down to the number 66 spot. This is no surprise as Marauders is an awful title. I would fully expect Marauders to continue its slide all the way out of the Top 75 by the next issue and possibly out of the Top 100 by the sixth issue.

Knights of X is an atrocious title so I am not shocked that this title has cratered in the ratings. In fact, Marvel Comics has announced that Knights of X is no longer being solicited as an ongoing title and will be canceled with the fifth issue. Zero surprises. I said this title was Dead on Arrival in April 2022 when Knights of X #1 debuted outside of the Top 50 at the number 51 spot. Issue #2 fell to the number 63 spot and issue #3 fell further to the number 75 spot.

This should not have surprised Marvel Comics at all. Tini Howard’s Excalibur was a sales failure. Knights of X was just a reboot of that Excalibur title. And Tini Howard was a sales failure. Again. How Howard continues to get work from Marvel Comics is utterly beyond me. She must be a really nice person or something in order to keep getting work from Marvel Comics despite never producing any sales successes.

Legion of X #2 nearly dropped out of the Top 75 by coming in at the number 68 spot. This title is also in deep trouble with just its second issue. I would expect Legion of X to slide out of the Top 100 by its fifth issue.

New Mutants continues its freefall. Issue #25 came in at the number 40 spot. New Mutants #26 fell all the way out of the Top 75 and down to the number 76 spot. New Mutants is another X-Men title that seems destined to drop out of the Top 100 in a few months. ...
    making it sound as though 'Destiny of X' is the Fallen Angels/X-Corp of the Krakoa era's 3 [4?] ages, so far.

BANNED

BUT, 'Judgement' brought a BOOST, and with it maybe some hope...
    for July's sales:

X-Men Franchise

9 X-Men Hellfire Gala #1

11 Immortal X-Men #4

18 Wolverine #23

20 Gambit #1 (Of 5)

37 Sabretooth #5 (Of 5)

39 New Mutants #27

51 Marauders #4

56 Legion of X #3

79 Knights Of X #4

101 X-Men Red #4 (Resolicitation)

108 X-Men #12 (Resolicitation)

115 Wolverine Patch #4 (Of 5) (Resolicitation)

129 X-Cellent #5

131 X-Force #29 (Resolicitation)

134 Deadpool Bad Blood #3

141 Immortal X-Men #3(Resolicitation)

167 Sabretooth #4 (Of 5)(Resolicitation)

195 Wolverine Patch #3 (Of 5) (Resolicitation)

The X-Men had a nice rebound in July 2022. The X-Men franchise placed one title in the Top 10, four titles in the Top 25, and six titles in the Top 50. This is much better than in June 2022 when the X-Men franchise had zero titles in the Top 10, only one title in the Top 25, and four titles in the Top 50.

X-Men Hellfire Gala #1 managed to squeak into the Top 10. Fan interest seems to remain strong for the Hellfire Gala gimmick. The highest selling monthly title from the X-Men franchise was Immortal X-Men #4 taking the number 11 spot. This is a nice sales bump from the number 28 rank that Immortal X-Men #3 had in June 2022.

Wolverine also got a small sales bump, too. In June 2022, Wolverine #22 was at the number 26 spot. Logan’s old nemesis ended on a high note by taking the number 37 spot. This is much higher than the previous two issues which had been at the number 81 spot and number 108 spot.

New Mutants really stunned me as issue #27 took the number 39 spot. This was much higher than the number 76 spot in June 2022, and almost the same as the number 40 spot in May 2022. I do not get the appeal of this title at all. I am amazed it is even in the Top 50! I am keeping my eye on you guys. There are some shenanigans going on here!

Even Legion of X enjoyed a small sales bump as issue #3 took the number 56 spot which was better than the number 68 spot in June 2022.

However, do you know who did not enjoy a sales bump? Tini Howard’s Knights of X. Issue #4 dropped down to the number 79 spot. No surprise. This title already failed as Excalibur. I have no idea why Marvel Comics thought rolling out the exact same title with the same writer but under a new name would actually trick readers into thinking this was worth reading.

X-Cellent #5 continues to be a sales dud. But, this cannot be a surprise to anyone at all. This title is incredibly niche. ...
    I was VERY PLEASED to see that the Hellfire GALA, even with its eXtremely hefty price tag of $7.99, OUTSOLD everything else X-related. The bounce back across the board, though, was also most ENCOURAGING!

Fret not, Apocalypse will save us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    It's time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    I will throw up if that omnicidal lunatic lucks himself into redemption once again via Retcon. Screw him, and screw social darwinism for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    This has been the same office and editorial team that did everything that everyone hated up to the Hickman era that lasted as long as it did because Hickman drew the set-up on for so long. I'm not shocked. This has been in the cards for a long, long time, they just had to wait till they found what they thought would be a satisfying threat that they can build up.

Given how horribly they built up Orchis, doubt they could do it even if the fanbase has extremely high standards for what they will consider a threat.

I also wish they just set aside a space for lower stakes books permanently. My favorite book for a while was X-factor and it got fed into the grind of being forced into an event with a nostalgia baiting name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let me just tell you that you're the first person I thought of when I read the very short blurb they included with the teaser image:

"COMING IN JANUARY 2023… S.O.S.
    Stay tuned next week for more information about a new age for mutants coming to the X-Men books next year."

But I couldn't wrap my mind around how that could connect. All the above are great possibilities. ...
    ThanX! For the AoA redo, I reason we may get a reversal of fortune, with Nate [Annihilation?] as the big bad & Apoc [+fam] as the savior(s).

For Rogue & Sunfire's Otherworld multi-eXtrication, I eXpect Polaris to join them, leading to Anna & Lorna becoming the isle of Lesbos QUEENS!! In eXchange for that, Iceman gets to bang the **** out of Gambit, Havok, or BOTH!!

For the vote, it will basically = pick your favorite, from the possible DestinieS of X options.

And lastly, when it comes to AoXM's Jesus Nate as Krakoa's Xavier, always remember & never 4get... how Chuck was [allowed himself to be?] unceremoniously killed in X-Force #1, and it was only after [w/his new body husk] that we saw him without his new Cerebro helmet mask while alive.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-19-2022 at 06:45 PM.

BUT, 'Judgement' brought a BOOST, and with it maybe some hope...
    for July's sales:

I was VERY PLEASED to see that the Hellfire GALA, even with its eXtremely hefty price tag of $7.99, OUTSOLD everything else X-related. The bounce back across the board, though, was also most ENCOURAGING!
    So Emma and her Gala save the month. I wonder how Judgment Day #1 did and if the mutant exposure will impact the X-titles. If it helps sales, I'm fine dealing with Celestial McJudgy until November.

BANNED

So Emma and her Gala save the month. I wonder how Judgment Day #1 did and if the mutant exposure will impact the X-titles. If it helps sales, I'm fine dealing with Celestial McJudgy until November.
    This is where the previous links' analyst is/was getting their data from:

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...mics-july-2022
    These are unit and dollar sales rankings based on sales tracked at point-of-sale by the ComicHub system at stores selling American comics around the world. During the period for which these reports were generated, there were over 100 stores using the ComicHub system. As this is a small, non-random sample of over 3,000 stores selling American comics worldwide, these rankings may not be typical for all stores, but do represent a variety of locations and store emphases.

This data was collected based on a four-week month, from July 3 to July 30, 2022. These sales rankings represent sales to consumers by comic stores during the period. We’re reporting the Top 50 Comics on the public site, and the Top 200 Comics on the Pro site.

1 Batman DC Comics $5.99

2 Star Wars The Mandalorian #1 Marvel Comics $4.99

3 Daredevil #1 Marvel Comics $4.99

4 Amazing Spider-Man #5 Marvel Comics $3.99

5 Amazing Spider-Man #6 (#900) Marvel Comics $9.99

6 A.X.E. Judgment Day #1 Marvel Comics $5.99

7 Dark Crisis #2 (Of 7) DC Comics $4.99

8 Fortnite X / Marvel Zero War #2 Marvel Comics $4.99

9 X-Men Hellfire Gala #1 Marvel Comics $7.99

10 A.X.E. Eve Judgment #1 Marvel Comics $3.99...

ThanX! For the AoA redo, I reason we may get a reversal of fortune, with Nate [Annihilation?] as the big bad & Apoc [+fam] as the savior(s).

For Rogue & Sunfire's Otherworld multi-eXtrication, I eXpect Polaris to join them, leading to Anna & Lorna becoming the isle of Lesbos QUEENS!! In eXchange for that, Iceman gets to bang the **** out of Gambit, Havok, or BOTH!!

For the vote, it will basically = pick your favorite, from the possible DestinieS of X options.

And lastly, when it comes to AoXM's Jesus Nate as Krakoa's Xavier, always remember & never 4get... how Chuck was [allowed himself to be?] unceremoniously killed in X-Force #1, and it was only after [w/his new body husk] that we saw him without his new Cerebro helmet mask while alive.
    So we got either Orchis making their move, Apocalypse sending out a signal for help from Amenth (possibly with Nate as the big bad), Sinister calling out for help (from the pit/another timeline?), Otherworld SOS that turns everyone super sexual, and Nate as Xavier. And we already have Nature Girl on a murder rampage.

I like where we're going with all this.

EDIT: And looks like Judgment Day #1 did quite well! Thanks for the info, PolarIceFire.

Astonishing Member

So we got either Orchis making their move, Apocalypse sending out a signal for help from Amenth (possibly with Nate as the big bad), Sinister calling out for help (from the pit/another timeline?), Otherworld SOS that turns everyone super sexual, and Nate as Xavier. And we already have Nature Girl on a murder rampage.

I like where we're going with all this.

EDIT: And looks like Judgment Day #1 did quite well! Thanks for the info, PolarIceFire.
    Orchis. They need to pull that trigger. Orchis has been so passive thus far and no one seems interested in building them up substantially or at a quick enough pace. The fact that thus far all orchis has really done on page is go about recruting people when they should have already been making moves is just breaking this, especially with the definite dates given thanks to the Hellfire Gala.

Remember when they were going to dump the sun on Krakoa? Whatever happened with that?

Why aren't they do anything now with the Eternal war? Wouldn't now be the oppurtune time to make their strike?