Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Not enough info but if i had to guess. S.O.S is the Son of Sinster and a gambit event. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Secrets Of Sinister....

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Secrets Of Sinister....
    Ahhh yes. That's a good one. An event detailing Sinister's Secrets coming to fruition or how he got them or influenced them could be pretty good and would let the line itself maybe delve back into it's own stories fully.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

thinking of sinister it is kind of funny and ironic that when he gets' the nazi side of him removed cause it's "base" the line ups went mainly non-diverse. lol. sometimes coincidences (and that i do kind of consider a coincidence") align to create an image.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lox View Post
    Sinister may have programed a kill switch into all the mutants that've been resurrected. It'd be a No More Mutants all over again, now with a fully dysfunctional society.
    Sinister didn't had the means to do that. The DNA (and I doubt Xavier didn't had samplings of at least the most senior X-men) was just one part of a much larger process.

Maybe it's Danger signalling for help because Nimrod is after her and her daughter. He has already taken out Magus, and it makes sense he'd try to get her detailed knowledge about the X-Men's strengths and weaknesses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Unless the SOS is Nature Girl! 8O...
    This catalyzed to the forefront yet another of my hypothetical considerations...

BANNED

It could also be meta and more like "all your event fatiugue? Sos." lol. either way hope it's good. Could also be an internal schism. Swords of Sinster. Who will raise their arms to protect sinister.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    To me this kind of kills the excitement of Judgement day event. I’m like can we just skip AXE and go to to SOS?

Sometimes I feel we’re always 3-4 months away from the important stuff even though we’re a month into an event now.
    IMHO all these teasers and previews months in advance kills any interest in current stories. Marvel seems to be obsessed with teasing "the next big thing" all the time, sometime long before the current one in finished. The worst was few years ago during Disassembled story in Uncanny X-Men that in itself was presented as a relaunch. But before the story even finished we already got teaser for the Age of X-Man that would happen few months later, and then almost immediately about the HoXPox in the next year. To me, it killed all interest in Disassembled and upcoming Age of X-Man and I stopped reading x-books, simply waiting until the start of HoxPoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Are y’all tired? Cause I’m tired.

Despite all the bad will the X-Office was generating with a lackluster Reign of X, Hickman leaving, and then a 2-3 month Wolverine event + pause on the line (no shade to Wolvie, just wish I could have read my regular team books when he was doing his thing), the start of Destiny of X was actually promising. The delays really aren’t their fault but only 5 issues into these Destiny of X books about half the line gets pulled into a big event, while other books are already ending and relaunching like KoX. And now I’m supposed to get excited for the next thing? Could we have even ONE year where the X-books aren’t relaunching and getting pulled into obtuse events/ crossovers and instead have the creators just tell the stories they wanna tell?
    Agree. Marvel should just stop with the events for at least few years or at the very least keep them contained within mini-series with no tie-ins in normal books. Normal books should have time and space to develop their own stories without being interrupted by a yet another pointless event every few issues and then being relaunched, like, for example, the S.W.O.R.D.

Oooh in kind of sold on x swords of sinister. 10 chimeras that change everything. Will they bring about the apocalypse.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It is true that the teaser on the next event while judgment is not finished is not great, even the solicitations of November with sypnosis and revealed coverage have reduced interest in judgment in addition to spoiling the sequel.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    IMHO all these teasers and previews months in advance kills any interest in current stories. Marvel seems to be obsessed with teasing "the next big thing" all the time, sometime long before the current one in finished. The worst was few years ago during Disassembled story in Uncanny X-Men that in itself was presented as a relaunch. But before the story even finished we already got teaser for the Age of X-Man that would happen few months later, and then almost immediately about the HoXPox in the next year. To me, it killed all interest in Disassembled and upcoming Age of X-Man and I stopped reading x-books, simply waiting until the start of HoxPoX.
    It wasn't just you. While House of X/P10 sold well, it did worse, at least at the time (probably sold really well on trades and online later, though) than it was expected simply because apparently many retailers didn't order as much as they could because they had been burned by all the relaunches before, and many customers didn't pre-order them as well for that reason.

I’ll bite. Look forward to finding out more next week. And seeing some promo art of course, so I have an idea of who’s involved.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post

Agree. Marvel should just stop with the events for at least few years or at the very least keep them contained within mini-series with no tie-ins in normal books. Normal books should have time and space to develop their own stories without being interrupted by a yet another pointless event every few issues and then being relaunched, like, for example, the S.W.O.R.D.
    I think we're in the death throes of comic books. I don't know if the sales posted in the thread are accurate, and that's a whole other conversation, but I have to conclude sales for the X books ARE **** cause otherwise you would not need to constantly relaunch books and have "mega changing events" every 6 months just to get temporary boosts in sales. It's unfortunate cause I really think all these issues stagnate creativity and practically buries a run before it even gets started. It's sad that this is the model that needs to be upheld to keep these books afloat.

It's also very frustrating as a reader to slog through this mess. I recall reading that x books do well in trades and digitally so maybe Marvel doesn't care as much (or at least doesn't put a huge amount of focus) about the first run performance. But I wish they could find a strategy that wasn't so haphazard. It's hard for me to get invested in anything. A writer has about 12 issues to tell a story before it either ends is or relaunched, and 3 of those are probably sidetracked for an event tie in. It's like this for EVERY title and it makes them that much more hollow unfortunately.