Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have a PS5, Switch and a PC. That's the best combo for someone who wants every game available to them. Though I haven't had much use for my switch after finishing Shin Megami Tensei 5
    I do think Switch‘s library of indie games in a portable format is low-key its killer app. Even though these games are obviously available on Steam, I first played Hollow Knight in a hotel room in San Francisco, and waited years for portable versions of the Spelunky games.

Nintendo always have strong 1st party offerings, but obviously that didn’t save Wii U.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I do think Switch‘s library of indie games in a portable format is low-key its killer app. Even though these games are obviously available on Steam, I first played Hollow Knight in a hotel room in San Francisco, and waited years for portable versions of the Spelunky games.

Nintendo always have strong 1st party offerings, but obviously that didn’t save Wii U.
    I initially used my Switch as an indie machine. I used it to play Hollow Knight, River City Girls, Capcom Beat Em Up collection, etc. My Steam Deck has replaced my Switch for that function nowadays.

Extraordinary Member

Nintendo could probably release a powerful home console that sells better than the Gamecube did, but it would still sell poorly by today's standards and a fraction of what the Switch has sold. Their stupid decisions with the N64 killed any chance they'd ever have of competing with Sony directly. The Gamecube failed because it was too late to correct the mistakes of the N64 and entice the people who migrated to Playstation back. That's why they've found more success creating their own niches and doing their own thing than they ever did with the NES and SNES. Their uniqueness, their focus on handhelds, and their low price are what keep their products selling.

I do think they need to release a next-generation Switch in the next year and a half that matches the Steam Deck in specks. Bayonetta 3 is clearly being held back by the outdated hardware and I doubt there will be too many ports of games made for current gen to a system that's much weaker than the base XBox 1. With modern upscaling technology they don't need to release a system that matches the PS5 and Series X, but they still need more modern hardware to take advantage of those advancements than they have now.

BANNED

If your really intellegent you should not care about any of these TV-toys aka game consoles or buying the latest/greatest mentality. You should be trying to educate yourself and make your self more stronger and able bodied because unless your doing programming non of these ideas matter. It is like that loser from "Doom" who made that lame shooter and acts like he is a celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I've heard people make the argument that "Nintendo shouldn't make a powerful console to directly compete with Sony and Microsoft,
    You know what "Fan fiction" is ? When somebody who has nothing to do with the actual series start writing stories for it. It is like "Dirty Pair" comics in US oppose to the oriiginal Light-novel, and various comics and animations in Japan.

The N64 was made due to the fact that SONY had the right to license games for the CD add-on. That is how the PSX came to be. This agreement was made during the creation of the SNES/SFC over the sound-chip module. PSX was in production alongside the SNES ( not to far ). The N64 problem was not the disc system but the CGI ( pre-rendered ) graphics and usage of GIF files. The N64 was adopted technology from Silicon Graphics ( the creators of the very early 3d usage in media like "Beast Wars", "Reboot", and possible "The Labyrinth" )
    to create the N64 hardware. Nintendo survived because their IPs was on their systems and the ultimate truth is side-by-side the N64 would win over the PSX, and even Saturn when it came to 3d. In fact the PSX / Saturn had the ability to run VCD with add-ons. The N64 games "Majoras Mask" contains parts of the canned DD64, as with the internal clock.

The GCN was designed for children ( as all videogames are being TV-toys ) so they could carry it around easy. Yes for Nintendo fans it was the first and possible last time promoting mature audiences ( as with the Western PSX ). The PSX was promoted as being like walk-man, or for a grown-up. The GCN had more relaxed releases on it and had the best hardware and conditions of operation of the time. Currently all if not most GCN are able to run on every newer system created upward. Nintendo keeps making promises taking them back. "Resident Evil 4" on the GCN is the greatest version and was never meant to be ported at all to any other system. Only when Capcom had tax problems this occured along with the failure of the "Capcom Five" plan. Nintendo did not need DVD because if they had use a regular DVD-drive not only would pirates emerge but they would have to install a more powerful motor. The GCN motor is not the most powerful motor made. Dreamcast failed because of no DVD, and many games had dummy space on them which they could be written to regular CDs.

The reality is that Nintendo ( everyone ) has to compete with Android, iOS, and Nintendo would rather make 3ds, and Nds games. So they made the switch, which essentially is a tablet.
    The Switch sloves many problems for Nintendo and you could dock it as well. We do not need any Microsoft-console, or Sony-console for any of those games. All of those games could be ported to the switch super easy and display more or less the same.

If you want to talk business consider the following.

Switch = TV-toy = home console
    Android = handheld = casual gaming
    PC = Power-house = Uncensored.

No matter which system the problem is the type of consumer. All media is censored and even if it has a M-Rating, it is still considered a children's toy. It is like prime-time-television, that clearly shows xxx but it is off camera.

Android gives you the best of both worlds. Your not locked into a system like iOS ( in fact 12.5 iOS store allowed you to store your purchases on your Apple or PC and now that is no longer true ). You can download and install freely whatever it is you want. You could literally have whatever software you want without going through a pay-store, google/apple/microsoft store. It is for people who might want to play games but do not want to care about game. Like a working girl, who is a single-female-parent, and or is just checking out something based on her boyfriends like and dislike.

PC has limitless capabilities outside of Virtual Machine. It can run emulators, have a long list of libraries. You could still have flash if you have working flash files and replace them while the OS is off, or via alternative means. All that matters for the PC is the

Memory : 32GB-256GB is ideal
    Processor : Any i5 i7 i9 among others. Intel is preferred over AMD
    Storage : SSD and everyday Terrabytes are getting cheaper.
    PSU : 900w the least most but you should count how many watts each device uses
    Display : Nowadays you have options... Portable VR types, Apple, Samsung, Sony, LG ( I guess ). A wacom 32 display is not meant for gaming as it has fans can over heat in time.
    A. White 5500K display never a 6500K blue light
    B. Must have VGA, Must have HDMi, DVi or Thunber-both optional
    Keyboard : Almost any mouse and Keyboard combo todays world.
    USB : USB 3 is ideal

Nintendo does not need to make a more powerful console.
    Nintendo made a decent console that allows them to make money while giving the consumer something enjoyable.