Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I liked a lot of the original Clone Saga (of what I read of it). I also liked Brand New Day (though I didn't like One More Day).

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Steve Geiger was seriously underrated
    In agreement with you about Geiger. Always loved his art, and still wish he could've done more...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-05-2022 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

One of my least favorite Hulk issues, but it's by Geiger...original and finished. Hulk's face was altered from a smile to the standard grimace?? That's news to me!

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    One of my least favorite Hulk issues, but it's by Geiger...original and finished. Hulk's face was altered from a smile to the standard grimace?? That's news to me!

Really never understood why Geiger didn't become a big name in the industry. His art was pretty good.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

The Rosenberg Uncanny run from right before Hickman relaunched the X-Men line. There's enjoyment to be had from a book that goes off the rails if the action remains engaging. And it never was as gross and destructive as something like Ultimatum was.

The majority didn't care for either the armored look or the indecipherable artwork/storylines, and I don't blame them.
    But for what it's worth, both Fall From Grace & Tree of Knowledge delivered on the '90s excess in relatively fine fashion (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-12-2022 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

I enjoy the Armored outfit better then classic Red. it is my number 2 after Yellow.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority didn't care for either the armored look or the indecipherable artwork/storylines, and I don't blame them.
    But for what it's worth, both Fall From Grace & Tree of Knowledge delivered on the '90s excess in relatively fine fashion (IMHO):

I know I'm in minority, but I actually LOVED this look for DD.

Peace

On the subject of costumes. Not only did I enjoy DD Armored costume. I also enjoyed Doctor Strange's Costume. At the time I hated it because he was one of the few unmasked heroes. But I did think the costume looked neat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Crossroads Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Manīs infamous clone saga.

Spider-Manīs Sins past

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Crossroads Hulk.
    As a kid, it was intriguing. LOTS of narration. As an adult, kinda boring. But the one thing that remains a constant - awesome artwork. Sal Buscema/Mike Mignola and Gerry Talaoc.
    And those covers!

Tossing this storyline in too; I don't know why, but I had to read it every time I went over to hang out at my best friends place. Weekend high school routine was Blockbuster Video to rent SNES or Sega games, Little Caesar's, play video games until 3am, wake up to take them back, hit the mall and arcade and go our separate ways. But it drove him nuts that I read these issues every time. "Dude, you read that last week...and the week before that...AND THE WEEK BEFORE THAT!"
    Some stuff doesn't hold up as well on my last re-read, that villain was kind of blah...but still enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

The '90s clone saga. The reveal that Ben Reilly was the original Spidey, Kaine being a clone and MJ getting pregnant entertained me as a fairly new reader to comics.

Not everyone's favorite, as the FF seemed to flounder after Byrne left. But I loved the new line-up and the "upgrade" Ben and Sharon got. Maybe it was the lumpy-to-rocky phase she went through like the Lee/Kirby days?
    Although there was nothing redeeming about the stuff from #329 to #333....blargh!