Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who's your fav Star Wars character that never appeared in movies or TV?

Who's your fav Star Wars character that never appeared in either a movie or TV?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Borsk Fey'lya for somehow managing to be more hatable than even Palpatine.

Mara Jade, Dash Rendar and Doctor Aphra. Also Chewies nephew Lowbacca.

From the old side of things I also enjyed Darth Bane.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Bane did appear in Clone Wars, although his (still canonical) look there was more "ancient Vader" than the bald guy with eyepaint and living armor versions from the novels and comics.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Kanan Jarrus sort of counts if you consider animation seperated from live action.

Extraordinary Member

Zayne Carrick is a good enough character with an interesting enough story that I’m 100% he’d be a hit with modern fans of Disney adapted him… though he’s a Legends character from before Disney. Before him, it was Jacen Solo, before his Darth Caedus turn kind of wound up “meh” (though still infinitely better than what Disney did with his counterpart, Ben Solo.)

In Disney’s own canon, the Lost Star characters really should get an adaptation into animation of love action as well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Bane did appear in Clone Wars, although his (still canonical) look there was more "ancient Vader" than the bald guy with eyepaint and living armor versions from the novels and comics.
    I have never seen the Clone Wars show. It is on my list.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Zayne Carrick is a good enough character with an interesting enough story that I’m 100% he’d be a hit with modern fans of Disney adapted him… though he’s a Legends character from before Disney. Before him, it was Jacen Solo, before his Darth Caedus turn kind of wound up “meh” (though still infinitely better than what Disney did with his counterpart, Ben Solo.)

In Disney’s own canon, the Lost Star characters really should get an adaptation into animation of love action as well.

Interesting thing about Claudia Gray's characters is that she often "fancasts" them. Gugu Mbatha-Raw was the model for Ciena, Thane is Sam Reid etc. her other novels do this too, Rami Malek was the model for Kier Romadi etc....the manga adaptations pretty much take this to heart (Guess she must have seen them notes like that). Not sure if there'd be a "Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury" effect, but maybe...

Ultimate Member

My first choice would have been Admiral Thrawn, but he's made it into animation, so I'd say my second choice is a tie between Mara Jade and Galen Marek.

Galen Marek. And no, I will not let that go. Yes, he's kind of OP in a sense, but with what's been done in canon (comics and what not), he's not THAT op. Besides, who doesn't like a good redemption story? And perhaps, Galen could apprentice under Ahsoka to learn the Light side.

Witwer's still been doing a lot of voice work for Lucasfilm (Maul of course but also Stormtroopers), so it would be nice to give him a live-action role. Although the Inquisitors sort of cover what he did, and Disney's doing multiple things with the Rebel Alliance that would be problematic for the whole "Emperor sort of created it to get his enemies in one place but it backfired" story in the game.

A vast majority of Stackpole's Rogue Squadron cast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

^Interesting thing is both Hal and Corran might've shown up-sort of-in Obi-Wan. Hal's real Jedi name is in Aurebesh in the path tunnel, and Corran (although not given a last name) is the force-sensitive boy in a few episodes.

As for the rest, kind of wondering if maybe Patty Jenkins's film would've included some. Iella would probably not work in new canon in her regular way, as Wedge marries Snap's mother in current continuity.

Definitely can see Ysanne Isard in some form maybe being adapted, just with her story re-worked kind of like Thrawn's. (Her father was one of the first old EU characters to be adapted to new canon in Luceno's Tarkin). Lot a people seem to consider Julianne Moore, but I think that's due to her HUNGER GAMES look more than anything.

There is some speculation that the white-suited middle aged man seen in the Andor trailer might be Armand Isard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Witwer's still been doing a lot of voice work for Lucasfilm (Maul of course but also Stormtroopers), so it would be nice to give him a live-action role. Although the Inquisitors sort of cover what he did, and Disney's doing multiple things with the Rebel Alliance that would be problematic for the whole "Emperor sort of created it to get his enemies in one place but it backfired" story in the game.
    The Inquisitors would be fine, as Galen would be loyal to Vader, not the Emperor.
    The whole "enemies in one place" thing... Yeah. Fair enough. But plenty of ways to alter the ending of his story. Big galaxy after all. Like becoming Ahsoka's student.