Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Dan Didio Talk the New52, 5G & his tenure at DC ( WordBallon)

The DC discussion start 36 minute

• He talked about his careers in DC.
    • DC was always profitable.
    • How the New52 started.
    • Problems that comes after the launch.
    • He talk about 5G.
    • 5G will set the 80 years of DC history in 60 years timeline.
    • Bendis, Rucka & Fraction were working on a weekly serie called The Last Call that will explain the transition of old generation.
    • Jon ken will be the new Superman.
    • Damian Wayne will be the new Ra's Ghul.
    • Luke Fox will be the new Batman.
    • The relationship between Jon and Damian is like the relationship between Prof X & Magneto.
    • Damian hate Luke Fox for taking the Batman Identity.
    • Kal is losing his powers so he created The Authority to replace him.
    • The events of 5G start after the death of Alfred.
    • Joker tell Batman he will kill Bane for him if he set him free,Bruce was shocked by the offer, that gives the Joker the opportunity to escape.
    • Batman shutdown Gotham, dismantle everything and goes after the Joker.
    • Bruce catches the Joker but he reveal's Batman Identity to the world.
    • Bruce Wayne is put in trail for the death of Bane & was put in prison.
    • Kal break's Bruce out of prison caused a conflict with Jon, Damian, Luke.
    • 5G was a 5 year story that will ultimately led to a battle between the Old Generation & New Generation.
    • He talked about legacy characters.
    • He talked about happy ending for heroes.
    • No to marriage.
    Last edited by JimmySpectre; 08-22-2022 at 02:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly all of that just sounds exhausting.

The conflicts and shock-value story twists do sound like classic Didio.

I mean maybe as an Elseworld that could be interesting, not sure about main continuity
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Doesn't sound all that interesting but then again neither has been what Williamson's been doing, so dodged a bullet only to step in a bear trap.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

How can you be pro New Generation taking over but you are ANTI marriage? Makes no sense. Marriage isnt the death to characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How can you be pro New Generation taking over but you are ANTI marriage? Makes no sense. Marriage isnt the death to characters.
    Anti marriage for the new characters I assume
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Anti marriage for the new characters I assume
    He was anti-marriage for heroes in general. I looked over some of the interview and he states New52 was birthed because they no longer wanted Superman to be married and he believes heroes are meant to give up their lives for the fight and not to go home to someone at night and have dinner with.

The man is very entertaining to listen, but jesus i cringe about most of his ideas.

He has a problem with Wally West origin being so connected to Barry's, but wanted to make a whole new generation of heroes like Jon and Luke? How are you going to have a problem with one character and then generate the same problem with another one? Or he is going to pretend that Luke's Batman wasn't going to be connected to Bruce?

The no marrige thing is completely bogus.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The man is very entertaining to listen, but jesus i cringe about most of his ideas.

He has a problem with Wally West origin being so connected to Barry's, but wanted to make a whole new generation of heroes like Jon and Luke? How are you going to have a problem with one character and then generate the same problem with another one? Or he is going to pretend that Luke's Batman wasn't going to be connected to Bruce?

Right? "Wally is SO CONNECTED to Barry" yet you LOVED Super Sons and had an entire line that was going to have them as the main stars but....you need Clark/Lois and Bruce/Talia in order for them to even be around and exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Doesn't sound all that interesting but then again neither has been what Williamson's been doing, so dodged a bullet only to step in a bear trap.
    I actually chuckled at that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Well ultimately they went with Jace who indeed does not have any connection to Bruce. Jon I think got away with it for the same reason Didio brought back Kara to be the main Supergirl: his origin is really easy. His dad was the Superman we all know, then his dad died/retired/vanished and now Jon has to step up and take his dad’s place. Easy enough, but yeah Wally basically has the origin too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well ultimately they went with Jace who indeed does not have any connection to Bruce. Jon I think got away with it for the same reason Didio brought back Kara to be the main Supergirl: his origin is really easy. His dad was the Superman we all know, then his dad died/retired/vanished and now Jon has to step up and take his dad’s place. Easy enough, but yeah Wally basically has the origin too.
    Even with Jace you still need Bruce to laid all the work for him become Batman. Still is connected to him one way or another, even if is not in a personal level.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Did he really think fans would accept permanently replacing the major heroes? Of course this is Didio, who thinks he can convince fans not to like Dick Grayson and Wally West so I guess he did. The guy's arrogance that he honestly thought he could sell fans on literally anything is kind of ridiculous. To think, he wasted two decades of DC's time on his personal vendetta against sidekicks and marriage.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Did he really think fans would accept permanently replacing the major heroes? Of course this is Didio, who thinks he can convince fans not to like Dick Grayson and Wally West so I guess he did. The guy's arrogance that he honestly thought he could sell fans on literally anything is kind of ridiculous. To think, he wasted two decades of DC's time on his personal vendetta against sidekicks and marriage.
    Nah, he even says it was a five year deal (which is exactly what Johns was saying it would be in Doomsday Clock). Same length as the New 52. They were never permanently retiring Bruce from being Batman. Of course the question is what comes next? I suspect a full reboot was what he would have done.