Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post

The DC discussion start 36 minute

• He talked about his careers in DC.
    • DC was always profitable.
    • How the New52 started.
    • Problems that comes after the launch.
    • He talk about 5G.
    • 5G will set the 80 years of DC history in 60 years timeline.
    • Bendis, Rucka & Friction were working on a weekly serie called The Last Call that will explain the transition of old generation.
    • Jon ken will be the new Superman.
    • Damian Wayne will be the new Ra's Ghul.
    • Luke Fox will be the new Batman.
    • The relationship between Jon and Damian is like the relationship between Prof X & Magneto.
    • Damian hate Luke Fox for taking the Batman Identity.
    • Kal is losing his powers so he created The Authority to replace him.
    • The events of 5G start after the death of Alfred.
    • Joker tell Batman he will kill Bane for him if he set him free,Bruce was shocked by the offer, that gives the Joker the opportunity to escape.
    • Batman shutdown Gotham, dismantle everything and goes after the Joker.
    • Bruce catches the Joker but he reveal's Batman Identity to the world.
    • Bruce Wayne is put in trail for the death of Bane & was put in prison.
    • Kal break's Bruce out of prison caused a conflict with Jon, Damian, Luke.
    • 5G was a 5 year story that will ultimately led to a battle between the Old Generation & New Generation.
    • He talked about legacy characters.
    • He talked about happy ending for heroes.
    • No to marriage.
    PFFFTTT
    That does sound similar in tone with Future Beyond Whatever State that leads to New 52 Batman Beyond
    FUTURES END
    That's the name

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I mean, people still talk about the Manson Family, too. It's not always a compliment.
    Oh, from where I stand it almost never is. I can recognize the good things he did, and I'd be crazy to call the guy incompetent, but I pretty much hated the direction of the line and the status quo he imposed (among other things) since pretty much 2008 onward.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

As usual, Didio’s idea could kind of work if they were removed from the main continuity.
    An Elseworlds where all the original heroes have been active for years and their legacies are at odds with other sounds like a pretty ok premise (if not particularly original).
    Same thing happened to the New 52. It would have worked much better as a complete restart taking place in a separate universe, like the Ultimate line.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Gotta give it to Dan: we're still talking about him, did better or worse. (And folks at DC area still cleaning his mess, as well.

LOL. Hell never gonna be free of this stigma. I wonder if he just hadn't one good friend at DC to tell him "Look Dan, you resurrected the weekly model and made it work. You set up the model for what a DC summer event is from now on. You made Green Lantern a hot property. You made DC outsell Marvel for the first time in decades... Do you really wanna be remembered as the guy who hated the Titans?"
    As I already said, Dan Didio is clearly "Anti-Generation Millennials" but yet he decided to skip that generation to Z is a totally hypocrite and insane man. It's like asking the baby to straight away grow up as a teen while skipping the growing child age.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post

The DC discussion start 36 minute

• He talked about his careers in DC.
    • DC was always profitable.
    • How the New52 started.
    • Problems that comes after the launch.
    • He talk about 5G.
    • 5G will set the 80 years of DC history in 60 years timeline.
    • Bendis, Rucka & Fraction were working on a weekly serie called The Last Call that will explain the transition of old generation.
    • Jon ken will be the new Superman.
    • Damian Wayne will be the new Ra's Ghul.
    • Luke Fox will be the new Batman.
    • The relationship between Jon and Damian is like the relationship between Prof X & Magneto.
    • Damian hate Luke Fox for taking the Batman Identity.
    • Kal is losing his powers so he created The Authority to replace him.
    • The events of 5G start after the death of Alfred.
    • Joker tell Batman he will kill Bane for him if he set him free,Bruce was shocked by the offer, that gives the Joker the opportunity to escape.
    • Batman shutdown Gotham, dismantle everything and goes after the Joker.
    • Bruce catches the Joker but he reveal's Batman Identity to the world.
    • Bruce Wayne is put in trail for the death of Bane & was put in prison.
    • Kal break's Bruce out of prison caused a conflict with Jon, Damian, Luke.
    • 5G was a 5 year story that will ultimately led to a battle between the Old Generation & New Generation.
    • He talked about legacy characters.
    • He talked about happy ending for heroes.
    • No to marriage.
    Thanks for the summary and this is the stuff of DC $1 bargain bins!

...If nothing else, the guy had a plan. You don't really see that much planning with DC nowadays. Hell, Williamson is probably the only one who seems to think about what DC would be like 5 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    ...If nothing else, the guy had a plan. You don't really see that much planning with DC nowadays. Hell, Williamson is probably the only one who seems to think about what DC would be like 5 years from now.
    At the detriment of ...

Well these current folks don't seem so much different than him. They push characters he shit on and they shit on characters he pushed. Not much seems to have changed or learned from.

Well these current folks don't seem so much different than him. They push characters he shit on and they shit on characters he pushed. Not much seems to have changed or learned from.
    True... you mean like?

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Gotta give it to Dan: we're still talking about him, did better or worse. (And folks at DC area still cleaning his mess, as well.

LOL. Hell never gonna be free of this stigma. I wonder if he just hadn't one good friend at DC to tell him "Look Dan, you resurrected the weekly model and made it work. You set up the model for what a DC summer event is from now on. You made Green Lantern a hot property. You made DC outsell Marvel for the first time in decades... Do you really wanna be remembered as the guy who hated the Titans?"
    He made DC outsell Marvel for a rather brief period. He is good at the dead-cat bounce. He needs to stop giving these interviews. He is not at DC anymore. He will never be a major player at the company again. Dan, just concentrate on whatever you're doing with Frank Miller and let it go.

Extraordinary Member

Eeeeehhhhh. I mean, you do have a point but only to a certain degree. Yeah, the current regime is making it clear that they throw their weight behind the the characters who were basically the 90s DC crew. But at least Barry and Hal haven’t been erased from the timeline. Yeah, Adams found a pretty convenient way for Barry to f@&k off to make way for Wally to be the main Flash, but it at least respected Barry as a character. And at least Williamson is giving Hal something to do in Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    PFFFTTT
    That does sound similar in tone with Future Beyond Whatever State that leads to New 52 Batman Beyond
    FUTURES END
    That's the name
    Now that you mention it, Future State...Future's End...not all that different.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Eeeeehhhhh. I mean, you do have a point but only to a certain degree. Yeah, the current regime is making it clear that they throw their weight behind the the characters who were basically the 90s DC crew. But at least Barry and Hal haven’t been erased from the timeline. Yeah, Adams found a pretty convenient way for Barry to f@&k off to make way for Wally to be the main Flash, but it at least respected Barry as a character. And at least Williamson is giving Hal something to do in Dark Crisis.
    We'll see where either of those gentlemen will be after Dark crisis and we already saw what they started doing to Hal in outside media, but fair enough. Like I said, Didio at least had a plan no matter how misguided it was like this 5G thing shows. If nothing else, when he had an idea, no matter how bad it was on paper he put everything in it and seemed really excited about it. He's been out for years and when you see him talk about 5G here he still sounds excited. lol I'm sure that's how he convinced Morrison to come back after they had no intention of ever going back to monthly comics. I guess at least when it comes to having a vision and putting everything in it, people like that are somewhat of a rare breed nowadays.

Extraordinary Member

Pre-Didio DC seemed like a well-oiled machine in comparison to what the company became in the 2000s. The editors for franchises like Batman and Superman ran incredibly tight ships and maintained a very high level of consistent quality and continuity. DC since Didio took over has been like a kid with ADD that can't focus on anything for any kind of extended period, and there's been no sense of competency from the company management for about 2 decades now. Him leaving hasn't helped because anyone who actually knew what they were doing left years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    It does seem a bit odd that they had Barry go running around the multiverse when he was the Flash with...you know...a job and apartment and stuff.