Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tifa vs Bane

All-New Member

Default Tifa vs Bane

Versions - Remake Tifa vs Arkham Bane

Rules- Fight takes place at the Gotham Royal lobby. Both are in character with no modifications mentally or physically. Bane starts off normal but can pump himself full of venom at any time and/or can use TN-1 if needed. Victory can be achieved by Knockout or Death. Who wins?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Bane broke A Man Dressed Like a Bat. Tifa suplexes city-scale Kaiju. She's also video-game character tough and fast once she gets in a fight. So my GP is on the one that beats up The Embodiment of the Planet's Wrath over the guy who beats up rich orphans.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Arkham Bane is a little more superhuman than his comic book version, but even a quick check of Remake Tifa gives her a cutscene of flash-kicking a monster the size of a delivery van and sending it shooting away as if fired by a cannon.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Tifa: What happens if I take off the mask?
    Bane: That would be incredibly painful...
    Tifa: ... For you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Bane broke A Man Dressed Like a Bat. Tifa suplexes city-scale Kaiju. She's also video-game character tough and fast once she gets in a fight. So my GP is on the one that beats up The Embodiment of the Planet's Wrath over the guy who beats up rich orphans.
    Even with TN-1?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The word "city scale" doing a lot of work there Munch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyloop View Post
    Even with TN-1?
    What's TN-1? That Joker Venom stuff? Yeah Tifa's handled bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The word "city scale" doing a lot of work there Munch.
    Yeah, I wanted her hitting Saphire WEAPON since it was shown in cutscenes to be that Huge, but Ruby is shown in overworld scale to be about as tall as The Golden Saucer on its pedestal, so that suggests it's pretty dang big too.

I checked out some of the cinematics from Arkham. Even hulked out on T-1 or whatever it was, Bane never does something on the level of 'Kick a delivery-van-sized creature so that it flies through the air as if shot from a cannon before slamming into a wall with an enormous explosion'. <-- Tifa does this

The best I've seen from him is pushing Batman up against a thick stone wall (stones and mortar, not pure stone) and hit him hard enough that he goes through the wall, breaking the stones away from each other. That's good, but it's not exactly Tifa good from the single cinematic I saw of her taking out a boss.

I'm 99% sure she gets better stuff later in the game, I just didn't find it; but that, in itself, was enough to put her above Bane for me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Poor Bane. I really wish he could score some good clean wins over the DC combat elite. A couple wins over Deathstroke, David Cain, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger or Lady Shiva would go a long way to giving feats to be respected.

Of course if he did beat Lady Shiva, cleanly, i can foresee the screaming of SM vs FL bringing the roof down.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Poor Bane. I really wish he could score some good clean wins over the DC combat elite. A couple wins over Deathstroke, David Cain, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger or Lady Shiva would go a long way to giving feats to be respected.

Of course if he did beat Lady Shiva, cleanly, i can foresee the screaming of SM vs FL bringing the roof down.
    Well, the question would be 'how?' ^_^ Bane has never really made it to the big leagues, outside of Knightfall.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, the question would be 'how?' ^_^ Bane has never really made it to the big leagues, outside of Knightfall.
    How does anyone achieve things in the DCU when it comes to Martial Arts?

A Training MOOOONTAAAAAAGE! (Cue Team America "Montage" single)

Without Venom he's beaten Nightwing, and always made Batman work to beat him. So the talent is there. Some time training on a mountain would do him good. Maybe under O-sensei, or I-Ching ,or Vandal Savage can give him a few pointers since i see they are giving Vandal a Martial Arts push thru Black Adam's recent defeat of Batman. There's bound to be some masters or mistresses out there who Lady Shiva and Cain havent killed. What about that dude Natas that Winnick had train Green Arrow. Heck even Constantine Drakon could be dusted off here.

Have him disappear out of the Batbooks for awhile, then publish a 6 issue mini with him encountering and then training under his new sifu, with training feats, then come back to the Batverse with a bang with back to back wins over Ben Turner, Cain and Shiva. Without Venom.

It would be the like the Bane of the Demon prequel to Contagion and Legacy, when Bane beat Ra's at chess at then double crossed him so hard Ra's gave him a chance to be his heir. Ah glory days.

A Bane fanboy can dream.

Yeah, I wanted her hitting Saphire WEAPON since it was shown in cutscenes to be that Huge, but Ruby is shown in overworld scale to be about as tall as The Golden Saucer on its pedestal, so that suggests it's pretty dang big too.
    If that's a legitimate representation then I suppose Scarlet was just built different.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    If that's a legitimate representation then I suppose Scarlet was just built different.
    Well that's a slap fight, Tifa wasn't TRYING to injure Scarlet, or she would have, you know, closed-fist punched her in the jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    How does anyone achieve things in the DCU when it comes to Martial Arts?

A Training MOOOONTAAAAAAGE! (Cue Team America "Montage" single)

Without Venom he's beaten Nightwing, and always made Batman work to beat him. So the talent is there. Some time training on a mountain would do him good. Maybe under O-sensei, or I-Ching ,or Vandal Savage can give him a few pointers since i see they are giving Vandal a Martial Arts push thru Black Adam's recent defeat of Batman. There's bound to be some masters or mistresses out there who Lady Shiva and Cain havent killed. What about that dude Natas that Winnick had train Green Arrow. Heck even Constantine Drakon could be dusted off here.

Have him disappear out of the Batbooks for awhile, then publish a 6 issue mini with him encountering and then training under his new sifu, with training feats, then come back to the Batverse with a bang with back to back wins over Ben Turner, Cain and Shiva. Without Venom.

It would be the like the Bane of the Demon prequel to Contagion and Legacy, when Bane beat Ra's at chess at then double crossed him so hard Ra's gave him a chance to be his heir. Ah glory days.

A Bane fanboy can dream.
    That would be at least somewhat sensible.

The following is my own opinion, so mileage may vary.

I'm totally not against Bane getting a boost. Getting a BIG boost. Bane's thing is his physicality (yes, he's brilliant, but let's face it, everything always boils down to a fight with him), and having Bruce be able to beat him up (with effort) really takes away from his use as a Batman antagonist.

But I feel there's a right way for this, a way that'll make sense and make it stick. <-- Again, my opinion here.

Bane has always come off as making Batman work because he's so...damn...strong and tough. Consider that Bruce is less-strong and less-tough than Bane, and yet basically beats him all the time, now (Bane makes him work, but Bruce wins). It means Bane is somewhere below A-list in skill - he has a couple of advantages over Bruce due to his power, but Bruce wins...because skill. And maybe speed, which partly comes from his training/skill.

So for Bane to go from 'Below A-list' to 'skilled enough to beat the top people' (I'm not talking about David Cain, who doesn't exist in DC any more due to being dead and a completely different character when he was alive, I'm talking Shiva), that's a huge jump, because BRUCE isn't on the same level as Shiva.

Then Bane would just get beaten by Batman again. Which wouldn't make sense, and just have people shrugging and ignoring his win over Shiva (somewhat rightfully). Having him take a win against Shiva then losing again to Bruce (because let's face it, they're not going to just allow Bane to be 'better than the Bat') is somewhat nonsensical, especially since Shiva has flat-out treated Bruce like garbage in NuDC.

But if Bane somehow trains under some luminary, gets good, seeks out Bruce, and conclusively beats him down after a hard fight showcasing how his skill and speed have improved...that might make sense.

And the top fighters shouldn't just be used as stepladders for other fighters to showcase their skill. Shiva is the top fighter in NuDC - if everyone beats her to show they've improved, what does that make her? Look to how this was handled with Connor Hawke, back in the day - Shiva versus Connor Hawke wasn't 'Connor wins, he's awesome!', it was 'Connor LOSES, but he actually manages to make Shiva work, breaks some of her ribs, all done on a day when Shiva one-shots Nightwing while simultaneously cutting arrows out of the air with her other hand. Shiva gives him mad props for all of this. Clearly, he's fantastically good'.

That was more than enough to cement Connor as one of the top fighters without doing what everyone now would refer to as 'Worfing' Shiva.

As a fighter, Bane is below Batman. As a fighter, Batman is below the top fighters. For me, it's just too much to have Bane just jump to where he can take on the top-tiers.

I feel a good way to showcase Bane would have him improve to the point where Bruce absolutely needs to rely on using various bits of equipment to win a fight with him, where in straight-up hand to hand, Bruce loses a majority because Bane is roughly as skilled as him, roughly as fast as him, but stronger and tougher (this would be a big deal).

Then somehow get DC to acknowledge that this is where Bane officially 'sits' on the ladder of fighters, make it his base presentation and consistent rather than a one-off in a mini-series that gets contradicted by everything before and after that mini-series (which would suck, and not leave Bane-fans very happy).

THEN we start talking about how Bane can work his way up further.

I mean, you're right - poor Bane. There's a reason he and Croc are the saddest people on Rumbles. DC really needs to allow some more people who can push Batman beyond his limits, that he CAN'T just count on beat in a hand-to-hand fight who don't have the excuse of 'metahuman'. Bane would be a great character for that, and yet...nope.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-24-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For this, I would imagine that it's a case of 'my dials go up to 15'. While Tifa's dials go all the way to 'punches giant monsters and make them hurt', she can also use 1-10 as well. ^_^
    Why are we here?