Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    She didn’t take on corporations. She didn’t kill any ceos. She opened this killing a manager who works at a retail store because a bag from there ended up killing a turtle. Major polluters. Yeah right.
    A Ceo is just a guy in a desk it's the workers out in the field that are doing the work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    A Ceo is just a guy in a desk it's the workers out in the field that are doing the work.
    Outburstz, who do you think controls the workers? Decides to build oil wells? Pays the maintenance of them? Enjoys the profits of them? Make sure to try and cover up and suppress envorimental findings? Oppose the expansion of green energy and electric vehicles and public transportation? Pay politicians, specifically of one party to oppose them?

What kind of weird view of capitalism have you been fed where it's not the koch brothers or car manufacturering companies responsible for climate change, it's the low level grunts working for them?

Outburstz, who do you think controls the workers? Decides to build oil wells? Pays the maintenance of them? Enjoys the profits of them? Make sure to try and cover up and suppress envorimental findings? Oppose the expansion of green energy and electric vehicles and public transportation? Pay politicians, specifically of one party to oppose them?

What kind of weird view of capitalism have you been fed where it's not the koch brothers or car manufacturering companies responsible for climate change, it's the low level grunts working for them?
    These people only have power because people do their work. If no one does their work they are just random old people.

Power resides where men believe it to be. Because the CEO is at the top people believe he is the one with the power but it reality its the workers because they are creating the things that the CEO would never be able to do on his own.

Astonishing Member

These people only have power because people do their work. If no one does their work they are just random old people.

Power resides where men believe it to be. Because the CEO is at the top people believe he is the one with the power but it reality its the workers because they are creating the things that the CEO would never be able to do on his own.
    Oh. So we are advocating genocide then? Because to be clear, you would need to kill anyone willing to work for money. That's a big category of people. I suppose Lin as written in this book is that much of a mass murderer so you may have a point about casual genocide as a solution.

Oh. So we are advocating genocide then? Because to be clear, you would need to kill anyone willing to work for money. That's a big category of people. I suppose Lin as written in this book is that much of a mass murderer so you may have a point about casual genocide as a solution.
    *sign*
    No one is advocating mass murder Saithor. I was merely explaining why the workers are far more important then the CEO. in the context of this story it would be anyone in the oil pollution business. I forgot the plan that Nature girl had after she teamed up with Horde Culture but I think that was the gist

Astonishing Member

*sign*
    No one is advocating mass murder Saithor. I was merely explaining why the workers are far more important then the CEO. in the context of this story it would be anyone in the oil pollution business. I forgot the plan that Nature girl had after she teamed up with Horde Culture but I think that was the gist
    Look, from an instory perspective it's the only way to make that plan work because otherwise they just hire more workers. If this story is operating on real world logic regarding the oil industry, Joe Shmo working 9 to 5 on low wage to make a pipeline is not an issue. Private security? CEO and the corporate strucutre? The lobbying industry? These are the actual issues, and as long as humans exist on earth they will just hire more people to do their work for them. Even blowing up the oil refinery isn't a permanet loss to them. They just clean up the bare minimum to start operations again, rebuild. The only losses are going to the hit to the biosphere blowing that refinery up will do in the first place because the oil is still there.

Unless she sets it on fire. Which is a whole other can of worms.

And again, we are also not addressing the retail worker either.

Look, from an instory perspective it's the only way to make that plan work because otherwise they just hire more workers. If this story is operating on real world logic regarding the oil industry, Joe Shmo working 9 to 5 on low wage to make a pipeline is not an issue. Private security? CEO and the corporate strucutre? The lobbying industry? These are the actual issues, and as long as humans exist on earth they will just hire more people to do their work for them. Even blowing up the oil refinery isn't a permanet loss to them. They just clean up the bare minimum to start operations again, rebuild. The only losses are going to the hit to the biosphere blowing that refinery up will do in the first place because the oil is still there.

Unless she sets it on fire. Which is a whole other can of worms.

And again, we are also not addressing the retail worker either.
    You just made my point they need to replace the workers in order for them to keep doing what they are doing. If people are willing to risk their lives for the oil rig that is there risk but that doesn't change the fact that the workers are what keep the machine going

Nature girl's anger was directed at those who were doing the major pollution not grand pa Joe who doesn't want to recycle

Krakoa has no pollution unless you count its tumors and once again you are getting into why don't heroes solve all the worlds problems issue
    Which would be fine if she didn't start off murdering just an employee.

And if this story wasn't really going to grapple with that or do anything really nuanced with the story...what was even the point? Other than crazy Nature Girl and Curse hijinks, I guess.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Unless the employee she killed made the plastic bag or shoved the bag down the turtle's throat themselves, this made no sense.
    "Cable was right!"