Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It looks like they quietly fired the homophobic artist from drawing the second issues, which is nice. Although, none of these sound particularly exciting. I might pick up the Ewing book, which seems to be teasing a war between Sinister and Orbis Stellaris.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It looks like they quietly fired the homophobic artist from drawing the second issues, which is nice. Although, none of these sound particularly exciting. I might pick up the Ewing book, which seems to be teasing a war between Sinister and Orbis Stellaris.
    Whom are you referring to?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Whom are you referring to?
    Patch Zircher, who was attached to draw the second issues of all three series back when it was announced at NYCC. About a week before that announcement he had said some really stupid shit on Twitter for which he was completely unapologetic. It seems now Andrea DiVito is drawing the issues instead, so good riddance.

Patch Zircher, who was attached to draw the second issues of all three series back when it was announced at NYCC. About a week before that announcement he had said some really stupid shit on Twitter for which he was completely unapologetic. It seems now Andrea DiVito is drawing the issues instead, so good riddance.
    Ah good catch as Zircher's name was still attached to the project just a few days ago. Perhaps the Twitter situation is indeed the cause for the change. Andrea is doing the art for the X-Men Annual so I'm definitely pleased.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I remember cringing at the initial artists news because I was never a fan of Patch "every body has pinhead" Zircher's style at all...so thank the Goddess!
    Andrea Di Vito's line and style is infinitely preferable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I see, good to know. thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I remember cringing at the initial artists news because I was never a fan of Patch "every body has pinhead" Zircher's style at all...so thank the Goddess!
    Andrea Di Vito's line and style is infinitely preferable.
    And so we win out in the end. Hoorah!

Love DiVito! Ever since that Patch mini series I’ve wanted to see him draw Cable. He seems to excel at drawing bulky, musclebound characters, especially hairy ones. Hopefully he remembers that Nathan is a pretty hirsute dude. In the 90s he was always drawn as hairy as Logan. Some artists have forgotten that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And so we win out in the end. Hoorah!
    Yep, that's trading up !

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Love DiVito! Ever since that Patch mini series I’ve wanted to see him draw Cable. He seems to excel at drawing bulky, musclebound characters, especially hairy ones. Hopefully he remembers that Nathan is a pretty hirsute dude. In the 90s he was always drawn as hairy as Logan. Some artists have forgotten that.
    Hell yea! Man was killing it as far back as Secret Warriors with Hickman

BANNED

WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This sure was an eXciting surprise!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-06-2022 at 07:14 AM.

I find it hilarious that people still put themselves into such situations. You would think people would learn to not say stupid shit in public but apparently not.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

At first Glance Immediately I thought that was the REAL Sinister due to not having a Diamond or anything on his Forehead. But, then noticed the words Variant cover. Darn.....

Oooh these new covers are really fun. What in the world is Sinister about to do to cause such a ruckus?! I guess it all starts in this week's Immortal. Let's go!
    Sidenote: I like that trio of Cyclops, Bishop, and Dazzler.